GDT: Devils at Bruins - 3/28/21 5:30pm NBCSN

NJDfan1711

I missed Friday's game but saw it was a stinker...the Caps just seem to have our number.  Fortunately, we've actually played well against the Bruins lately, so hopefully we can get back in the Win column today.  The Bruins are starting Halak today, and Marchand isn't in the lineup which is nice.  I expect Blackwood in net for us, and he gets a chance to get his record back to .500 (he's 8-9-1 with a .904 Save %). 

Let's Go Devils.

Blackwood starting, Merkley back in, Maltsev out. I feel sorry for Maltsev. He's looked good when he's played center, not so good when he's played wing. Boqvist also doesn't look so good on the wing. I could see one of them being included in a trade package.

LGD!

42 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

Blackwood starting, Merkley back in, Maltsev out. I feel sorry for Maltsev. He's looked good when he's played center, not so good when he's played wing. Boqvist also doesn't look so good on the wing. I could see one of them being included in a trade package.

LGD!

Boqvist hasn’t looked good at all. I’m afraid he’s another one of these “could’ve been” good players that never really has NHL success. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Boqvist hasn’t looked good at all. I’m afraid he’s another one of these “could’ve been” good players that never really has NHL success. 

He's been looking better in the AHL, where they play him at center.  I think they should try him there and put Zacha on the wing - Zacha has looked ok there. But you're right. He hasn't shown anything at the NHL level yet and the team has a lot of centers at the moment. I could see one of them be included in a trade package for a wing or D.

9 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

He's been looking better in the AHL, where they play him at center.  I think they should try him there and put Zacha on the wing - Zacha has looked ok there. But you're right. He hasn't shown anything at the NHL level yet and the team has a lot of centers at the moment. I could see one of them be included in a trade package for a wing or D.

Maybe that’s the answer. Seems to me we have too many centers already, or guys that we play at wing who look better at center. Might be time to move one. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe that’s the answer. Seems to me we have too many centers already, or guys that we play at wing who look better at center. Might be time to move one. 

Do we have too many centers though when Zajac is on his way out, and Nico hasn't sniffed the ice in a month or two?