Trade: Ryan Graves to NJ

pumpkin cutter

2 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Is Siegenthaler Nico's butler or something ? Since when is he untouchable? Unless we plan on bringing in some big salaries this year im keeping PK protected. Hes the most difficult devils defenceman to forecheck by a mile. Like this deal solid move

I have to agree, I don’t think the fact that Siegenthaler was re-signed should be a bar to his being left unprotected. 

PK has one year left on his deal, we don’t need an extra $9m on our cap this season, and he’s still marketable and can be traded at the deadline and probably for something better than we’re thinking. Why would you let him walk for free, it’s stupid asset management. 

On top of that, I think he is way more likely to be taken than Siegenthaler. Maybe if Siegenthaler is unprotected, they take Johnsson, whereas if PK was not protected they would potentially take him. 

3 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I still subscribe to the mindset that Dolan gave Grabner a penthouse apartment near central park prior to the trade as an incentive to help his former team by being complete dogsh!t once he got here

He did open the scoring in one game that NJ went on to win against LA. I am not arguing he didn't suck but NJ made the playoffs by a point so he as little as possible while still having a part in it.

“Thanks to @consolecrew for my new gamepads. “

this looks like he was interested in his devils career. I was thought the same after his interviews. Hope he will be lucky and bold enough to create his avalanche career.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 5