official off topic thread

pumpkin cutter

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I’m silently protesting that movie @Colorado Rockies 1976 simply cause I’m Team Ted Lasso in their personal drama

All kidding aside, I’ll probably check it out once it gets to streaming

I’ll leave it to you to find out all the drama that took place behind the scenes during the filming of Don’t Worry Darling…but all I’ll say is if Shia LaBeouf is the one who comes out looking better and more truthful than you (“you” in this case being Olivia Wilde)…you way wanna attempt some serious introspection…not to mention not doubling down when Mr. LaBeouf has video evidence that completely invalidates your version of events. 

Like I said, it’s watchable enough and it looks plenty nice on the big screen, but you can really sense that Ms. Wilde attended the premiere and thought “Look at this amazing and deep film I’ve made!  I’m sooooooo great at everything that I do!”  The movie just “feels” full of itself…it’s not nearly as groundbreaking as I’m sure Ms. Wilde would love to believe that it is.  Lots o’ looting of other films going on here.  

• Like 1

If you’re looking for something really good to stream I highly recommend All Quiet on the Western Front. WW1 film that just hit Netflix. You’ll have to read subtitles (unless you’re one of those lazy dub people), but it’s definitely worth it. Just be prepared that it’s absolutely brutal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

just a bump because i’m drunk and happy. my little guy turns 1 today. whole family here to celebrate all under my roof. drinks, family, friends, happiness. 

happy day njdevs

Congrats man! I recently had one of my succulent plants survive for over a year so I'm pretty sure I know exactly how you feel. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Congrats man! I recently had one of my succulent plants survive for over a year so I'm pretty sure I know exactly how you feel. 

we’ve always been brothers on this forum. you know exactly how i feel! tell that succulent he is the fvcking goat

• Haha 3

On 11/13/2022 at 8:09 PM, Nicomo said:

If you’re looking for something really good to stream I highly recommend All Quiet on the Western Front. WW1 film that just hit Netflix. You’ll have to read subtitles (unless you’re one of those lazy dub people), but it’s definitely worth it. Just be prepared that it’s absolutely brutal.

I watched it. It's pretty amazing. It really hammers home the fact that this was the first industrialized war and it required the mobilization of the entire homefront or face defeat. They did a really great job putting the viewer in the time period. The scene in the hospital with the main groups friend when they bring him the extra rations they earned was brutal. I hope that the success of this film lets them build into Ernst Junger's A Storm of Steel instead. Remarque was a fine writer and I agree with his finer anti-war points. 

However Ernst Junger was a motherfvcking badass if you compare him to Remarque.  His book is a memoir of his experiences in WW1, not some fiction based around his experiences. He was wounded multiple times and kept going back to the front. Too many amazing and horrific stories to put into a movie/series. If you thought this adaptation of All Quiet was good, then A Storm of Steel is 3x more brutal and horrific. Highly recommend that book. 

With all the sh!t that is being put out there in terms of movies, I would def reccommend All Quiet. One of the better war movies out and I say it stands up to most of the good ones. 

Edited by RizzMB30

39 minutes ago, MB3 said:

just a bump because i’m drunk and happy. my little guy turns 1 today. whole family here to celebrate all under my roof. drinks, family, friends, happiness. 

happy day njdevs

Congrats to the little guy. And to your son as well. Tell him Uncle MFitz says what’s up. 😉

• Thanks 1

2 mass shootings in not even a full week between Colorado Springs and now a Walmart in Virginia last night.

Sandy Hook where young children were murdered coming up on a decade ago should have been a turning point in our country to finally do something, literally anything about this and here we are 10 years later in a few weeks with nothing changed besides it getting worse and happening more and more frequently. 

I really have no idea what would even cause a major change at this point. Just really sad that it doesn't seem like anything is going to change and we have somehow just accepted this stuff as it is what it is. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

On 11/13/2022 at 6:31 PM, mfitz804 said:

Personally, I went to see Wakanda Forever on Friday. Now I know super hero movies are a “love it or hate it” genre, but aI thought this one was way better than I was anticipating. 

I saw it on Saturday; it was really good. Not as good as the original, but still a solid flick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ajsgolf said:

If I were to wash a jersey with signatures, will the signatures come out?

Depends on what the signatures are done with; if it’s the usual sharpie, regular laundry is not enough. I have a signed Keith Kinkaid jersey I have washed and much to my disappointment, it’s still signed by Keith Kinkaid. 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Depends on what the signatures are done with; if it’s the usual sharpie, regular laundry is not enough. I have a signed Keith Kinkaid jersey I have washed and much to my disappointment, it’s still signed by Keith Kinkaid. 

At least he didn’t draw emojis on it. 

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2022 at 3:58 AM, Satans Hockey said:

2 mass shootings in not even a full week between Colorado Springs and now a Walmart in Virginia last night.

Sandy Hook where young children were murdered coming up on a decade ago should have been a turning point in our country to finally do something, literally anything about this and here we are 10 years later in a few weeks with nothing changed besides it getting worse and happening more and more frequently. 

I really have no idea what would even cause a major change at this point. Just really sad that it doesn't seem like anything is going to change and we have somehow just accepted this stuff as it is what it is. 

its mental illness, i step over 5 homeless people in penn station every day .. its so depressing .. they dont want help or medication... dont know the answer..

https://fansignstime.com/new-jersey-devils-logo-1-neon-like-led-sign-legacy-edition?93=18&159=6&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg6bqjtHJ-wIVk-DICh12pAK9EAQYCiABEgL-q_D_BwE
Was looking for a Devils Den sign to put in a basement but only found this so far.  Know of anywhere to find a Devils Den sign, similar to the one outside of Championship Plaza, just in a much smaller form factor?

anyone else watching this season of The White Lotus? my wife and I are glued to the TV sunday nights now. Acting is fvcking fantastic, writing is great, perfect mixture of laugh-out-loud funny and super dramatic. Jennifer Coolidge is sensational.