Training Camp 2021-22

Devil Dan 56

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Maybe Johnsson is not getting it because of his asthma? Or would you want the vaccine ever more in that case?

Idk, I can’t keep up with all the stupid reasons people have. 

They already have tracking chips in their jerseys, so it’s not that one…

• Haha 2

It was interesting to listen to the interviews yesterday. PK as always was the person where 9 minutes straight of questions did not feel like 9 minutes.

I think it was clear the Dougie does not like media duty. Getting to the end of his interview was like pulling teeth. 

Gravy was also a good listen and he seems to really know what he is here for and is really excited. 

Jack trying to stay as pro as possible was fun. You can tell the reporters try and lure him into some antics. 

5 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:
Trav Dog not wasting any time getting to it

I'm thinking within 5 years...Lindy Ruff (under surprisingly amicable circumstances) steps down, Zajac takes over.  And Travis is going to be thoroughly prepared by the time he gets his chance.    

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm thinking within 5 years...Lindy Ruff (under surprisingly amicable circumstances) steps down, Zajac takes over.  And Travis is going to be thoroughly prepared by the time he gets his chance.    

I’m happy he’s there, but I have no idea whether he has the makings of a good coach. He’s skating in a track suit so I guess he has that part right. 

20 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m happy he’s there, but I have no idea whether he has the makings of a good coach. He’s skating in a track suit so I guess he has that part right. 

Yeah I like Zajac and all but I haven’t seen anything to tell me he’s going to be a good coach.  CR76 isn’t the first person to say that either, I’ve seen quite a few people say he’s the future coach. 

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yeah I like Zajac and all but I haven’t seen anything to tell me he’s going to be a good coach.  CR76 isn’t the first person to say that either, I’ve seen quite a few people say he’s the future coach. 

I will be accused of repeating myself if I elaborate on this topic. So I will just say, make sure a guy can coach before making him the coach. Unless you are giving him Nasreddine’s assistant position, because I would replace him with a fvcking kangaroo if I could. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I don’t have any idea if he’s going to become the head coach in time…it’s just this weird hunch I have.  

5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Some people on the Devils subreddit are speculating that the unvaccinated player is Blackwood. If that is true, very blahh.

If I understand it correctly, that means he can’t play in Canada, which means Bernier and Wedgewood are our Canadian tandem. Hoo boy. Assuming the speculation is true of course 

43 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Some people on the Devils subreddit are speculating that the unvaccinated player is Blackwood. If that is true, very blahh.

It's definitely Blackwood, check out who he follows on Instagram. I would say I'm surprised but I've never found him the least bit intelligent in any of his interviews so I'm not surprised at all. 

I'd throw his ass off the team if he refuses but we have a front office and ownership that doesn't give a sh!t about having any covid protocols in place for fans so we know they won't do anything here either. Lack of spines all around in this organization. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Well, that’s about as bad as it could have been (outside of maybe, Jack, Nico, or Dougie).

You’d think a guy that had a really severe case of covid that knocked him on his ass for almost a month would be smarter than that…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Well, that’s about as bad as it could have been (outside of maybe, Jack, Nico, or Dougie).

You’d think a guy that had a really severe case of covid that knocked him on his ass for almost a month would be smarter than that…

He said it took him until almost the end of the season to get his breath all the way back. Why in the world would he risk getting that again? 

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

There are a large percentage of anti-vax people who had it, beat it, and say “well I had it and it wasn’t a big deal” or “I can’t get it again, I have antibodies”. 

Edited by mfitz804

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

There are a large percentage of anti-vax people who had it, beat it, and say “well I had it and it wasn’t a big deal” or “I can’t get it again, I have antibodies”. 

And there’s people like Stalock in Detroit who might miss the season with a heart condition from getting Covid back in November. Crazy how this got so messed up

52 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I know, right?! But if we’ve learned one thing these past eighteen months, you can’t underestimate the power of being stupid.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 2