2021-2022 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

12 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

This makes me sad. Really sad for his wife and his kids. 

It's stupid because I feel a bit angry towards him now, but addiction is a fvcking terrible thing. 

What hurts is that he was hooked on pain killers, was getting help, and then dabbled into coke, which of course some fvckhead cut with fentanyl and killed him.

he was getting the freaking help, experimented and ultimately the experiment killed him. I know it was his choice, if course, but the fact it’s so common nowadays that people are pacing so many drugs with fentanyl to keep people hooked makes me so freaking angry.

Oh man.  A sad story…and one we’ve heard before and will continue to hear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m not going to make assumptions, for all I know he was doing coke 24/7 for years, but it’s irrelevant because it’s still really sad for his family. 

In the globe article, his dad is very open about his personal addictions and how he only started seeing changes in Jimmy recently (within the last year or so), which is the only reason I’m saying what I did. But you’re right, we’ll never really know his habits

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

In the globe article, his dad is very open about his personal addictions and how he only started seeing changes in Jimmy recently (within the last year or so), which is the only reason I’m saying what I did. But you’re right, we’ll never really know his habits

It’s sad either way. It’s quite a commentary on addiction, guy was an NHL player, had a family, but “having it all” wasn’t enough to overcome it. Very sad.

RIP. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:
It's stupid because I feel a bit angry towards him now, but addiction is a fvcking terrible thing. 

See I'm wondering which of the two cases is more likely:

1) Addicted to pain meds, eventually went from the pills to heroin / fentanyl. 

or

2) Had a coke habit, got a bad batch / didn't realize there was fentanyl cut in there. 

Neither one is great.  First one, just in my opinion, can be a little more... understandable?  Easy for anyone to get addicted, and it's damn near impossible to kick the habit.

The second one.. I dunno.  I'm with you there - could get a little angry if he was out there snorting coke with a family and young kids at home.  But who am I to cast judgement.

Tragic no matter what the truth is.  Above are just my thoughts, not worth anything. 

Edit: I should've read the article, it looks like the family suspects it's #1.  Awful.

Edited by Devilsfan118

16 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Seems like overkill.

I don't disagree but it might end up working out for more people who sit in the corners and looks like it gives more people the chance to see the video boards. Not at all the same quality wise but we did use to have 4 video screens in the top corners plus the middle scoreboard at the Meadowlands and definitely could have been deemed overkill too. 

Curious to read some reviews about it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

If he was actually using a fake card that's illegal so maybe the Sharks use this to terminate his contract, especially if he ends up getting arrested for this if someone wants to make an example out of him. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If he was actually using a fake card that illegal so maybe the Sharks use this to terminate his contract, especially if he ends up getting arrested for this if someone wants to make an example out of him. 

Coming of one of his more productive seasons, I’m not so sure they’ll be looking to terminate that contract so quickly.