GDT: Leafs @ Devils, 11/23 7 pm Time To Set A Record

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Yup and instead of the fans giving the standing ovation that this team deserved after a historic win run, we get: people walking out, trash thrown on the ice, and boo's

Lmao if gatekeeping is wrong I don't want to be right

they literally showed hundreds of people cheering for the devils as they left the ice and like 9 people being idiots and throwing stuff at the end. 

you don't "want" to be right, you "have" to be right

Edited by MB3

The Devils looked great tonight and showed a lot of maturity handling all of the craziness by doing nothing more than coming back each time even stronger.   We win that game 9 out of 10 times. 

That being said, the NHL should be fvcking mortified with what we saw tonight out of their on and off ice officials.  No other word comes to mind other than embarassing

• Like 2

Just now, MB3 said:

they literally showed hundreds of people cheering for the devils as they left the ice and like 9 people being idiots and throwing stuff at the end. 

you don't "want" to be right, you "have" to be right you self-obsessed fvck. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

I saw a bunch of people clapping. 

Yeah I saw people clapping. Any other team with a sold out crowd and that entire arena is standing and cheering as loud as they would during opening night. Don't give a fvck if that makes me holier-than-thou gatekeeping gaslighter or whatever 

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Proud of this team even in this loss. Dominated the Leafs.

Not proud of the idiot fans that threw sh!t. That's all that the media is going to talk about now.

Yah when i was trying to make a case that Flyers fans were a sh!tty fanbase. I always pointed out how they threw sh!t on the ice after a call that was actually a good call.

And here we are... ughhh

6 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I’m disappointed that one of the first two disallowed goals should have counted, at a minimum. The third was a kick. I hate it but it was.

they played uphill from the first TO goal

The major problem is the league changing the rules so many times people have no clue what the rules are, especially these more rare situations, I even admit it myself sometimes.  Tons of people thought it should have counted cause it went off the Toronto player last. 

I've said this in the past, best game in the world, worst major league. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lateralous said:

The Devils looked great tonight and showed a lot of maturity handling all of the craziness by doing nothing more than coming back each time even stronger.   We win that game 9 out of 10 times. 

That being said, the NHL should be fvcking mortified with what we saw tonight out of their on and off ice officials.  No other word comes to mind other than embarassing

Spaulding said (I think it was Bill) Campbell admitted if the “interference” by Tatar was that egregious, it should have been a penalty. You can’t have one and not the other, according to him

The refs blew that call, at a minimum

1 minute ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Yeah I saw people clapping. Any other team with a sold out crowd and that entire arena is standing and cheering as loud as they would during opening night. Don't give a fvck if that makes me holier-than-thou gatekeeping gaslighter or whatever 

@MB3 complaining about gatekeeping is like me coming on here and telling you we played a good game because of our Fenwick and Corsi. 

Even without the disallowed goals they were a Dawson Mercer post away from playing OT right now for the record. They played pretty great outside of the Tavares goal (the 2nd one was just a bad bounce on the attempted clear). 

I think we’ll see a pretty pissed off team against Buffalo on Friday night. 

• Like 5

Just now, jagknife said:

Spaulding said (I think it was Bill) Campbell admitted if the “interference” by Tatar was that egregious, it should have been a penalty. You can’t have one and not the other, according to him

They did, it should have been a penalty on Tatar. 

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Yah when i was trying to make a case that Flyers fans were a sh!tty fanbase. I always pointed out how they threw sh!t on the ice after a call that was actually a good call.

And here we are... ughhh

I’m not arguing when I ask this: does anyone know a home team that has had 3 called back, regardless of merit, in a single night? 

• Like 1

You guys can do whatever you want. Go ahead and be embarrassed about that and look me in the eyes and tell me that doesn't happen in every single barn in the national hockey league. When the Blue Jays had one singular bad call go against them in the playoffs a few years ago and there were ten thousand beers on the field. 

I was embarrassed for ten years of embarrassing play, empty buildings, lackluster teams who folded like a cheap suit.

I'm not embarrassed even a tiny bit. That place was STANDING for the last 7 minutes of the game. A sold-out game against a non-division opponent on a wednesday night in november. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I’m disappointed that one of the first two disallowed goals should have counted, at a minimum. The third was a kick. I hate it but it was.

they played uphill from the first TO goal

The first one was most absurd. I still don't get how you wave that one off as interference. There was even a leaf there pushing Bastian to go through the paint and their stakes barely touched. The NHL is all over the place on those calls, both on the ice and from Toronto.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Once again, I never said there was a good chance at the refs forfeiting for throwing stuff. I said WHY WOULD YOU RISK IT by throwing sh!t

I normally try to stay out of arguments like this, but to be fair, I just want to point out that you kind of answered your own question.  The "why would you risk it" is answered by the fact that there isn't a good chance of the game being forfeited from it happening. 

That's like asking "Why would you fly on a plane and risk dying if it crashes?" Because the likelihood of that happening is very, very slim. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

The first one called off was absolute bullsh!t as well. 

Oh well, after being dead inside while watching this team for the last few years it feels good to be this livid about a game again.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Even without the disallowed goals they were a Dawson Mercer post away from playing OT right now for the record. They played pretty great outside of the Tavares goal (the 2nd one was just a bad bounce on the attempted clear). 

I think we’ll see a pretty pissed off team against Buffalo on Friday night. 

The second one was a bad play by Smith not getting the puck out of the zone and taking it the wrong way. I'd like to see Bahl get that spot. Severson is not very good either.