GDT: Game 1 - New York Rangers @ New Jersey Devils 4/18/23, 7:00PM MSG/TBS

Crisis

8 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I am understandably biased but Rags lucked into that ECF so hard last post-season so I don't really buy that their "experience" is going to be a massive advantage. A lot of people giving them an edge in the goal tending just based on sh!tstork, but we'll see. This years Devils team can, and should, put up a better fight than both CAR and PIT managed last season playing 3rd string goalies due to injuries.

Rags are, in fact, more experienced, but I wouldn't consider it an advantage in the series where much more including the heated history is in the mix. Shesterkin can absolutely single handedly carry them deep into the playoffs. If our offense doesn't develop a severe Shesterkin complex and the defense keeps their brain farts in check, we'll see the second round... at least.

Edited by Devs64

4 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

i like jacks pre playoff beard lol. . nico will have a full blown beard. mercer has a full one already. 

Hope none of them will have the ugly Brent Burns type of a beard...however, the longer the beard, the longer the season 😅

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

One of the most punchable faces in the history of the league. Looks like a guy nobody actually wants to talk to but he's always around so you're stuck with him.

That dunce played 40 games as a back up and acts like he’s a Richter-level part of their history.

• Like 6
  • Angry 1
  • Shocking 1

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That dunce played 40 games as a back up and acts like he’s a Richter-level part of their history.

This X1000000.  He acts like he’s some equal to Lundqvist…he comes off as being THAT pompous and self-important…but his need to be in the “one of the notable former Rangers” gang just comes off as so needy, desperate, and ridiculous.  Keep your nose pressed up against the glass window Stevie…no one’s ever unlocking the door to let you in.

The funny thing is both he and a lot of Ranger fans don’t even get what we’re goofing on when it comes to Kakko.  We’re absolutely NOT ripping the franchise for taking him…Hughes and Kakko were the clear consensus #1 and #2 picks, so it’s not like the Rangers blew the pick or went for an absurd reach.  We’re poking fun at the fact that Vail-c**t made it pretty clear that he thought that Kakko was going to be better player, with better attributes all around, and more than a few Ranger fans sure seemed to agree with that assessment on draft night.  They don’t get to now say “Well we never had the chance to draft the better player!”, when they pretty clearly thought they had already selected the better player.

And of course, we’re laughing at the bizarre Ranger need to overcelebrate and overinflate everything that their players do.  I can’t imagine that back on draft day in 2019, that any Ranger fans thought “Hey, in Kakko’s 4th season here, maybe he can set a career-high of 40 points if he plays in all 82 games!  That would be awesome!”  But now reaching 200 career games and 40 points in 2022-23 is cause for major elation.  Right.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

Just now, DevilMinder said:

* checks date to be sure its not 4/1...* No, he didn't really say that did he? Oh jeez.

Its going to be like what just happened to the 49ers, god forbid VV needs to come out for some reason the backup is comical and its a slaughter of the Devils.

• Like 2
  • Shocking 1

29 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I can only imagine Fitz is on board with Blackwood or it wouldn't be happening, but in my heart I wanna believe they're smarter than this and are just trying to not disrupt the locker room at such a crucial time of the year.

Yeah it does seem that Blackwood is liked in the locker room.