2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

7 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Is he still in the mental care program? Seems rough of them

He cleared the player's assistance program.

1 hour ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

Pretty wild. You'd think someone will snag him. Even if his cap hit is over 7 mil.

I am not so sure. He has been on a massive decline.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

He cleared the player's assistance program.

Still in program. He isn't cleared to play yet.

https://deadspin.com/capitals-waive-former-star-center-evgeny-kuznetsov-1851303460

"Earlier Saturday morning, the NHL announced that Kuznetsov had entered the follow-up care phase of the assistance program and was eligible to practice, though not yet cleared to return to game action."

1 hour ago, smelly said:

Flyers and Islanders showing heart that the gutless Devils wholly lack. 

I just came in here to say that Flyers, Lightning, and Islanders all win tonight. 

fvck you Devils. Gutless losers who don't play hard enough and make way too many mistakes. 

Yeah, I'm calling the entire fvcking team out. Dreadfully underwhelming season. Oh, you don't like that?  Think it's unfair? Try winning more than two or three games in a row once or twice. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I just came in here to say that Flyers, Lightning, and Islanders all win tonight. 

fvck you Devils. Gutless losers who don't play hard enough and make way too many mistakes. 

Yeah, I'm calling the entire fvcking team out. Dreadfully underwhelming season. Oh, you don't like that?  Think it's unfair? Try winning more than two or three games in a row once or twice. 

Don't worry, Ruff and Rogalski will be back at it next year with a healthy roster. No more excuses 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vomiting 1

7 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Pretty much over now, Lightning Islanders and Flyers all won 

The Devils were already toast…now they’re just burnt toast.

Now it’s about the deadline and offseason, which are apparently the only times Fitz sees fit to make moves.  Amazing how quickly his stock has fallen in our eyes, but he brought much of that on himself.  He can earn back our trust, but it’s going to take a hell of an offseason for that to happen…not to mention MUCH more of an actual presence in seasons to come.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Now it’s about the deadline and offseason, which are apparently the only times Fitz sees fit to make moves.  Amazing how quickly his stock has fallen in our eyes, but he brought much of that on himself.  He can earn back our trust, but it’s going to take a hell of an offseason for that to happen…not to mention MUCH more of an actual presence in seasons to come.  

But hey, Daws+Holtz+Casey+First for Markstrom is just days away, price went up especially since they just freakin past us in the overall standings.

He is Swedish though, so naturally once acquired, Ruff will use VV every game cause “he’s ready to get back in there and prove he can be our #1 goalie.”

• Like 3

On 3/3/2024 at 6:23 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don’t see his stock rising unless the Devils make the playoffs.  Winning the deadline or offseason is not enough.  It’s about winning games and developing a winning culture. 

16 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah, this is what you should do when you're in their position.

Just like Fitz should really look to move Toffoli.  

• Like 3

Tarasenko traded to FL for two draft picks, per Kevin Weekes. Curious to see the return (I see some citing mid-round picks?) since he feels like a fair comp for Toffoli - rental wingers with similar cap hits, age and points this season, granted Toffoli is nowhere near the liability Tarasenko is defensively.

Worth noting Mantha (with 50% retention) went for a 2nd and 4th last night, too. Less PPG and recent track record compared to Tarasenko and Toffoli but better off-puck impacts. 

Edited by nmigliore

I hate it, 16 teams is already half the league. That's enough teams. I would much rather they bring back the 1-8 seeds in the conferences over doing anything else.

Friedmans point of view sucks here too, all about money. Yay let's make the owners more money! Yay! Are ticket prices gonna come down for us? Concessions? Merch? Nah cause we can all go fvck ourselves.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I hate it, 16 teams is already half the league. That's enough teams. I would much rather they bring back the 1-8 seeds in the conferences over doing anything else.

Friedmans point of view sucks here too, all about money. Yay let's make the owners more money! Yay! Are ticket prices gonna come down for us? Concessions? Merch? Nah cause we can all go fvck ourselves.

fvck. This. No more teams. And they better not even think of trying one of these dumbass play-in tournaments like the NBA. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

Seriously, that would be so disgusting to see.

Friedman now reporting the Flyers are working on Sean Walker to the Avs... things are heating up today, wow.

Edited by nmigliore

2 minutes ago, nmigliore said:

Seriously, that would be so disgusting to see.

Friedman now reporting the Flyers are working on Sean Walker to the Avs... things are heating up today, wow.

And, in theory, Guentzel by tonight.