2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

17 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Given how pissed Crosby appears to be about the state of the Penguins, starting to wonder if the seemingly unthinkable happens, and he asks to be moved to a team where he can try to win one last Cup.  He has one year left on his current contract.

I kinda doubt that will happen but you never know.

13 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

I kinda doubt that will happen but you never know.

I never would’ve thought it possible either but I get the feeling that he really wants one final crack at a Cup.  That ain’t happening in Pittsburgh.  

Great game between the Wild and the Predators today with the Wild on the brink of the playoffs in the West. The wild pulled their goalie in OT which I've never seen before, and to their credit it worked, but the announces said something that I had never heard of before.....if you pull your goalie in overtime and get scored on and lose, that you forfeit the point that you would have gotten if it went to a shootout...... Wtf??? Since when is that a rule?  I had no idea. 

Even more ballsy.

Edited by NJDfan1711

5 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Great game between the Wild and the Predators today with the Wild on the brink of the playoffs in the West. The wild pulled their goalie in OT which I've never seen before, and to their credit it worked, but the announces said something that I had never heard of before.....if you pull your goalie in overtime and get scored on and lose, that you forfeit the point that you would have gotten if it went to a shootout...... Wtf??? Since when is that a rule?  I had no idea. 

Even more ballsy.

That’s been a rule for a while now.  I forget exactly when that was instituted.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Isles have now won 6 in a row, and are currently in WC2. It’s almost like them not waiting too long to fire their coach might end up saving their season or something…

It’s a shame the Devils have never had a GM with the balls to… oh, wait.

Lou may be out of touch with today’s NHL, but he’d never have tolerated Lindy’s ineptitude anywhere near as long as Fitz did.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Penguins lose 4-0 to the Oilers and are now 1-6 in their 7, having been outscored 30-10 and shutout 3 times…five of their 10 goals were scored in their lone win over this stretch, against the BJs.

More and more it’s feeling less and less like Crosby’s any lock to finish his career as a Penguin.  Of course it’s tricky because he’ll have all the power here, should he decide to force his way out…hard to imagine that he won’t have a very select list of teams that he would want to go to.  It might even turn into a situation where Pittsburgh might actually get stuck having to retain money if Crosby’s choices simply don’t have the cap space to fit him in, crazy as THAT sounds.

Dubas (I can’t help it, every time I see his name it looks like Dumbass to me) has got a lot of damage control to do with Crosby…from all accounts Sid looks completely disengaged and miserable.  He’s really going to have to work hard to get Crosby on board with whatever his plan is.  Would be beyond weird to see Sid wearing anything other than a Penguins jersey, but not like he’d be the first nor last superstar to finish his career someplace else.  

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Penguins lose 4-0 to the Oilers and are now 1-6 in their 7, having been outscored 30-10 and shutout 3 times…five of their 10 goals were scored in their lone win over this stretch, against the BJs.

More and more it’s feeling less and less like Crosby’s any lock to finish his career as a Penguin.  Of course it’s tricky because he’ll have all the power here, should he decide to force his way out…hard to imagine that he won’t have a very select list of teams that he would want to go to.  It might even turn into a situation where Pittsburgh might actually get stuck having to retain money if Crosby’s choices simply don’t have the cap space to fit him in, crazy as THAT sounds.

Dubas (I can’t help it, every time I see his name it looks like Dumbass to me) has got a lot of damage control to do with Crosby…from all accounts Sid looks completely disengaged and miserable.  He’s really going to have to work hard to get Crosby on board with whatever his plan is.  Would be beyond weird to see Sid wearing anything other than a Penguins jersey, but not like he’d be the first nor last superstar to finish his career someplace else.  

Supposedly Sid wants to go to Vancouver due to his ties to Tocchet.

35 minutes ago, Mitico12 said:

I would take Crosby in NJ.  Send Mercer and a 1st the other way. 

That won’t do it, but being that any team that deals for him is only guaranteed his Age 37 season, it probably won’t take the king’s ransom that most would assume.

If I were to guess three teams that could land him, it would be either the Rangers, Leafs, or Golden Knights.  And you just KNOW some third team will get involved just to take on dead money for picks.

image.gif.c291fdb593bc3513d4d2be92b5c4d7e9.gif

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

The day the Devils are eliminated:

What was all that 11.7% talk?!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Haha 5

What the Isles are doing over the last 2-3 weeks should make the Devils angry, jealous, and disappointed in themselves. No reason at all that we couldn't do the same thing they just did. Taking nothing away from their accomplishment, they're no more skilled than we are. Better goalie, sure, better coach, seems like it. But they've been awful in OT/shootouts and ha e a dreadful Penalty Kill. 

If they make the playoffs and we don't, shame on us.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

What the Isles are doing over the last 2-3 weeks should make the Devils angry, jealous, and disappointed in themselves. No reason at all that we couldn't do the same thing they just did. Taking nothing away from their accomplishment, they're no more skilled than we are. Better goalie, sure, better coach, seems like it. But they've been awful in OT/shootouts and ha e a dreadful Penalty Kill. 

If they make the playoffs and we don't, shame on us.

If the Islanders make the playoffs, I hope that Fitz uses this season’s shortcomings as a learning experience and takes a more proactive approaching to overseeing team personnel.  Lindy should have been fired after the Black Friday debacle against the Blue Jackets but was instead allowed to keep his job for 3 1/2 more months, during which the Devils showed no signs of improvement and actually regressed in power play situations.

• Like 3

If you really want to change things and get rid of scalping forever is that Ticketmaster and whatever sports team you bought tickets from should have to give you a full refund if you can't make the event. You can even put in that the form has to be submitted 48 hours beforehand but you don't have to give them any reasoning why you can't make it.

The Devils do something sorta similar where we get 8 buybacks a year where we can submit games back to the team but the catch is the money has to go to next year's invoice so if you don't renew you're out that money.

Instead we let teams who suck or show no initiative to win get to keep everyone's money instead. They get rewarded for losing while season ticket holders eat sh!t for a bad season while single game buyers can get into the buildings for dirt cheap.

Also how about this rule, if you don't make the playoffs you can't raise your ticket prices by more than 1%. Devils raised our tickets 9% for next season and they sent out renewals in February which also shouldn't be allowed cause the current season isn't even over yet and they don't need our money in February for a season that doesn't even start till October.

Edited by Satans Hockey

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

They get rewarded for losing while season ticket holders eat sh!t for a bad season while single game buyers can get into the buildings for dirt cheap.

This is why season tickets just aren’t worth it to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is why season tickets just aren’t worth it to me.

I've been able to sell a decent amount of games for face value this year surprisingly. Games that are sold for face value or less should absolutely not count for a rule like this either. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

Dice does a cool thing with their concert tickets.  After a show sells out, you can put your tickets on a wait list to be sold to others who missed the original sale and if someone picks them up, they refund your money.

21 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

It’s a shame the Devils have never had a GM with the balls to… oh, wait.

Lou may be out of touch with today’s NHL, but he’d never have tolerated Lindy’s ineptitude anywhere near as long as Fitz did.

Lou would can his kid in a minute.

• Like 1