GDT: Devils vs Sharkfin Soup - 1 Dec @ 7pm

jagknife

1 minute ago, HughesCorporation said:

Let me tell you guys something, Whiskey and getting beat 6-3 by the worst team in the league is a bad combination 

Yeah hear that heh heh.  I didn’t partake last night (I never do when I take my daughter to games), but I’ve definitely indulged and sh!t games + booze = miserable morning.

Damn being there last night just…sucked.  Yet another game where the Devils may have worked hard, but not exactly smart.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah hear that heh heh.  I didn’t partake last night (I never do when I take my daughter to games), but I’ve definitely indulged and sh!t games + booze = miserable morning.

Damn being there last night just…sucked.  Yet another game where the Devils may have worked hard, but not exactly smart.

If I was at last nights game I probably would have over done it with the booze and anger etc, good thing I was home alone, only my 4 walls and the TV witnessed how immature I can get lol 

and good for you staying dry while with your daughter, it's the right thing to do for sure

Absolutely fvcking embarrassing, so happy I wasn't there for this infuriating bullsh!t. 

I'm so fvcking sick of early whistles ruining sh!t. This joke of a league wants more goals and then has these dog sh!t refs blow the whistles early. Intent to blow the whistle is an absolute joke of a rule. 

Did they even show any replays in the arena? Should have thrown all the trash on the ice for this one. 

• Like 2

Doesn’t sting any less today. That was one of the worst regular season losses in recent memory.

18 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I didn't read the whole thread but two people who sit near me both said they didn't even show any replays of that puck crossing the line. Our in game presentation when it comes to replays is an absolute joke. 

Our in game presentation with anything is a joke.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HughesCorporation said:

Let me tell you guys something, Whiskey and getting beat 6-3 by the worst team in the league is a bad combination 

drinking 12 bud lights and taking 2 rips off a joint made me watch the entire dua lipa concert in rio.  made the devils loss feel a lot better.  LOSERS!

Edited by pumpkin cutter
  • Haha 2

Looking beyond Schmid's #s, SJ  defense had multiples of hits and blocked shots compared to NJD. Is our D only rated on goals and assists? Somebody had to pick up the slack from Hamilton, Haula and Smith (for what that may have been worth) being out. Just my 2 cents. I couldnt see the game, but was appalled at ALL the stats.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, point said:

Just read the update on Dougie. Is this why the D was in a funk? Coaches have to get the players heads in the game too.

It isn't like Hamilton was playing at his peak before the injury. He had one of his worst games as a Devil the game before-- so my two cents is no. This was just another on brand for 2023 performance of NJD defense.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

It isn't like Hamilton was playing at his peak before the injury. He had one of his worst games as a Devil the game before-- so my two cents is no. This was just another on brand for 2023 performance of NJD defense.

Yeah Dougie sucks at defense. His value is as a power play QB and the offense he brings. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah Dougie sucks at defense. His value is as a power play QB and the offense he brings. 

The truth is that he AND everyone else who played D last year has not been as good at defending as they were in 2022-23.  I do think that Luke is mostly doing fine…there’s been gaffes here and there, but that was to be expected.  Marino has been much more inconsistent this year, and Siegs has really not played well at all for much of this season.  Bahl is looking more and more like the guy who doesn’t seem willing or able to use his size.

Still disgusted with last night.  That was so fvcking embarrassing.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

drinking 12 bud lights and taking 2 rips off a joint made me watch the entire dua lipa concert in rio.  made the devils loss feel a lot better.  LOSERS!

She’s definitely a whole lot easier on the eyes than the Devils were last night.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Still disgusted with last night.  That was so fvcking embarrassing.  

It was awful.  I saw so many kids with signs and posters reading “It’s my first game,” or something to that effect, and I hope the experience of watching their favorite team get thoroughly outplayed by one of the league’s worst won’t discourage them from coming back in the future.

There’s no question that this group competes and wants to win, but they can’t continue using the first twenty minutes as a dress rehearsal.  They are supposed to be prepared to play but generally haven’t been, especially at home, and I don’t see a solution to the problem that doesn’t entail a coaching change.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 10:32 PM, NJDevils1214 said:

I wouldn't play the best goalie in the league back to back if he had to make 50 saves the night before. I don't get that. At all.

It's a crisis that Vitek wasn't given that start. It's probably because he's a wreck. We saw it last spring in the playoffs. It's unfortunate. I'm not sure how Fitzgerald is going to address this, but I expect something will happen. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

It's a crisis that Vitek wasn't given that start. It's probably because he's a wreck. We saw it last spring in the playoffs. It's unfortunate. I'm not sure how Fitzgerald is going to address this, but I expect something will happen. 

Do we think vv could be dealing and working through some type of injury and that’s part of the reason they chose to play schmid after having faced (I believe) 40ish shots just the night prior? I couldn’t wrap my head around why they were playing him back to back especially after that kind of work load the night before. 

20 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Do we think vv could be dealing and working through some type of injury and that’s part of the reason they chose to play schmid after having faced (I believe) 40ish shots just the night prior? I couldn’t wrap my head around why they were playing him back to back especially after that kind of work load the night before. 

No. It’s mental if anything, imo. Anyway, I seem to be in the minority, but I don’t really blame Ruff for going right back to Schmid against SJ. Vanecek has been so bad lately I wouldn’t want to play him either. 

Speaking of the Sharks, they actually hung 5 on the Rags tonight (lost 6-5). 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

No. It’s mental if anything, imo. Anyway, I seem to be in the minority, but I don’t really blame Ruff for going right back to Schmid against SJ. Vanecek has been so bad lately I wouldn’t want to play him either. 

Speaking of the Sharks, they actually hung 5 on the Rags tonight (lost 6-5). 

I’ve similar feelings, as I think Lindy was “between a rock and a hard place” due to Vanecek’s struggles.  While Schmid should not have played, Vanecek likely could not have played.  Moreover, given the number of defensive lapses that happened during Friday’s debacle, it probably would not have mattered who was in goal for the Devils.

Edited by ButlerBulldog

12 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I’ve similar feelings, as I think Lindy was “between a rock and a hard place” due to Vanecek’s struggles.  While Schmid should not have played, Vanecek likely could not have played.  Moreover, given the number of defensive lapses that happened during Friday’s debacle, it probably would not have mattered who was in goal for the Devils.

Yup.  And that's why I don't blame Lindy for Friday's debacle.  He had no good options, because Fitz hasn't given him any.

That was the worst game I have ever gone to. To make it even worse I accidently got on the wrong amtrak train. Instead of heading south to Baltimore I went north back to NYC. 🤬 Which meant I would miss my actual train and have to get another ticket for the train in 2 hours didn't get home until 3:30. To make it worse I ended up killing those two hours in a rangers bar. I am glad the Devils are out west this week so I can pretend they don't exist I am so mad.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Shocking 1

4 hours ago, bostondevil11 said:

That was the worst game I have ever gone to. To make it even worse I accidently got on the wrong amtrak train. Instead of heading south to Baltimore I went north back to NYC. 🤬 Which meant I would miss my actual train and have to get another ticket for the train in 2 hours didn't get home until 3:30. To make it worse I ended up killing those two hours in a rangers bar. I am glad the Devils are out west this week so I can pretend they don't exist I am so mad.

My god that’s brutal.