Lindy Ruff RELIEVED Of duties, Green Temp Coach

Colorado Rockies 1976

22 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

That doesn’t bode well if it’s on point, but I think we should withhold judgement until we see the results of Green coaching this team.

I’m just glad it’s not ruff for the next 20 games. I’ll worry this summer if the tag comes off

• Like 3

Just now, titans04 said:

And there was no reason to dick around with Green.

Fitz obviously wants to interview several candidates.  When that’s the case, you go the interim route.  I don’t think Green’s auditioning; he’s caretaking.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Holy sh!t. I'm legitimately stunned.  I can't believe they axed him now of all times.  Sometimes I feel like members of the organization actually read this forum. I mean, look no further than what I actually posted this morning regarding GM's not willing to do the hard things, i.e. fire a coach with 20 games left in the season so that a new coach can take over and get to work with no pressure when it no longer matters.  

I think if they would've read the board and it made even the slightest impact Fitz would of made this move months ago. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Fitz obviously wants to interview several candidates.  When that’s the case, you go the interim route.  I don’t think Green’s auditioning; he’s caretaking.

Certainly a good theory if you still trust our ghost of a GM. Personally I think he threw away any benefit of the doubt simply based on his complete inaction until the season was in the sh!tter and repeatedly flushed.

3 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Certainly a good theory if you still trust our ghost of a GM. Personally I think he threw away any benefit of the doubt simply based on his complete inaction until the season was in the sh!tter and repeatedly flushed.

Everyone’s down on Fitz at the moment but I’m guessing it would take something beyond miraculous for him to consider removing the interim tag from Green.

Fitz isn’t stupid…he knows that he has to nail the next coaching hire.  I expect him to do his due diligence in making sure he hires the right guy.  He may not get another hire after that one.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I expect him to do his due diligence in making sure he hires the right guy.  He may not get another hire after that one.

Exactly. Fitz has to get the next one right, or 

IMG_2838.gif

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Everyone’s down on Fitz at the moment but I’m guessing it would take something beyond miraculous for him to consider removing the interim tag from Green.

Fitz isn’t stupid…he knows that he has to nail the next coaching hire.  I expect him to do his due diligence in making sure he hires the right guy.  He may not get another hire after that one.

Yeah, extension or no, Fitz has to realize that if the Devils don’t right the ship next season, he’ll likely be the next casualty.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I think if they would've read the board and it made even the slightest impact Fitz would of made this move months ago. 

Yeah, I mean I was being facetious - I don't really think they look at this board, at least, not anyone in a real position of power or authority to make something happen... BUT, is it crazy to think that?  Not really.  Hell, GMs have been using CapFriendly for years now as a tool to make roster moves and financial decisions.  When you consider the domain name of this board, njdevs.com, it's gotta be one of the first destinations someone might go to if they're looking for a fan's opinion.  Not unreasonable to think that someone from the org, even an inside "spy", could lurk these forums and get a perspective from the fans.

What I'm trying to say is, hey guys, it's actually me, Tom F.  Sorry it took me so long to listen to you all, but I finally did it. 

• Haha 5

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, I mean I was being facetious - I don't really think they look at this board, at least, not anyone in a real position of power or authority to make something happen... BUT, is it crazy to think that?  Not really.  Hell, GMs have been using CapFriendly for years now as a tool to make roster moves and financial decisions.  When you consider the domain name of this board, njdevs.com, it's gotta be one of the first destinations someone might go to if they're looking for a fan's opinion.  Not unreasonable to think that someone from the org, even an inside "spy", could lurk these forums and get a perspective from the fans.

What I'm trying to say is, hey guys, it's actually me, Tom F.  Sorry it took me so long to listen to you all, but I finally did it. 

Didn’t see that Sixth Sense twist coming.  Well done!

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Some fair questions that need to be asked tomorrow:

”If a coaching change was an option for you, why did you wait this long to do so?”

“Did your obvious friendship with Lindy cloud your judgment about what was best for the team?”

One I wish would be asked is why did you feel a guy who'd done such a poor job with the power play this year deserve a promotion?

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

That plus I don't assume his next hire will be his last one given his extension and the lassez-faire atitude of ownership toward the product on the ice.  Sure they spend but do they really care about winning, or just about being relevant enough to sell tickets?  Their track record with multiple teams suggest it's the latter.

Edited by NJDevs4978

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

Until someone mentions this Lindy Ruff fella, apparently he has the third most wins ever and took Buffalo to the Finals and a couple trips to the conference finals. 

would be a good fit here, huh?

image.jpeg.c7dbeff0beb760d92539e107e705dc79.jpeg

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Some fair questions that need to be asked tomorrow:

”If a coaching change was an option for you, why did you wait this long to do so?”

“Did your obvious friendship with Lindy cloud your judgment about what was best for the team?”

I hope he is ask why he didn’t make any moves once Dougie was put on LTIR.

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

That plus I don't assume his next hire will be his last one given his extension and the lassez-faire atitude of ownership toward the product on the ice.  Sure they spend but do they really care about winning, or just about being relevant enough to sell tickets?  Their track record with multiple teams suggest it's the latter.

I feel that there is no real emphasis on winning.  We don’t hear much from ownership or I don’t don’t hear anything coming from ownership.  That said, in some ways it’s a good thing that a GM has a long leash to get the job done, but I guess there is a fine line as too how involved ownership should be.

Let's hope that your forum here will now being less toxic... Now that all the crybabies got their toy at Christmas.

There is no doubt that the hate that is so powerful in this place will now redirect at full force on a new scapegoat to make you feel all better... I guess Fitz is the next target of your frustration and need for blood. 

Damn I miss this place so much... I mean the place it used to be. Anyway... Have fun full of hate people. Celebrate until your next hunt. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, moustic said:

Let's hope that your forum here will now being less toxic... Now that all the crybabies got their toy at Christmas.

There is no doubt that the hate that is so powerful in this place will now redirect at full force on a new scapegoat to make you feel all better... I guess Fitz is the next target of your frustration and need for blood. 

Damn I miss this place so much... I mean the place it used to be. Anyway... Have fun full of hate people. Celebrate until your next hunt. 

asdf irony GIF

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

One I wish would be asked is why did you feel a guy who'd done such a poor job with the power play this year deserve a promotion?

But you know the deal.  It’s an interim gig, just a way to get the Devils through the end of the season…not really a true “promotion”.

It’s also waving the white flag…sure, if the Devils somehow go on this insane heater, great, but I think if Fitz thought such a thing was possible, he would’ve gone for someone clearly meant to be his next hire.