GDT: Colorado Bigfoots @ NJD - 6 Feb @ 730p

jagknife

And they ice it.

Two more ugly points.

fvck you Lindy.  A bucket of jizz would serve more purpose behind the bench than you.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

They managed the two points.

Yeah gotta get ‘em any way they can.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Well, I’m glad they won.

Lindy unfortunately survives until his secret weapon gets back.

he still is unjustly spiteful against Holtz, kid didn’t even get 10 minutes. What the fvck are we even doing to him.

Poor kid feel so bad for him…

6 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

Poor kid feel so bad for him…

It will never happen but I would love for Novo to ask “Why does there clearly appear to be one set of rules for Holtz and a completely different one for the rest of your team?”

• Like 4

Vanecek was great tonight outside of the 3rd goal. It would be so huge if he could get on a roll to go along with getting Jack back. 

Big game for Nico tonight, too. He did turn the puck over on the 1st Avs goal but from the 2nd period on he was a beast. 

• Like 2

I feel asleep on the floor while putting my little guy to sleep (my shoulder really hurts 😂) so I started this game way late and just finished watching the on delay.   A few thoughts:

• In the moment I was ready to kill Vanacek over the weak third goal but overall he was fantastic tonight and more than made up for the 3rd goal with the breakaway save on MacKinnon shortly thereafter.  That's two really good to great games in a row for him 
  • Luke has to do better on the 2nd goal but it was impressive the way he shut down MacKinnon on multiple open ice rushes tonight.  
  • Bratt to Nico to Bratt was a thing of beauty
  • When we get guys back on D, bAHL has to come out of the lineup before Hatakka, right?   He blew that sequence in the first period where we had the Avs skaters pinned and exhausted by taking an ill advised shoot into someone's shin guards and then somehow made an even dumber play on the defensive end going straight after the puck handler in a 2 on 2 situation where Nemec clearly had the man with the puck covered leaving MacKinnon wide open for a prime chance.   That was literally one of the dumbest shifts I can remember.  He needs to sit in the press box for a while, even if it means watching more Brendan Smith some nights
  • Most importantly, it feels like we have one of these inspirational wins that could be the inflection point for the season about every two weeks and I think every single time we've followed it up with a complete dud the next game.  No more fvcking around.  We need to see a similar effort against Calgary on Thursday.   
Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Most importantly, it feels like we have one of these inspirational wins that feels like it could be the inflection point for the season about every two weeks and I think every single time we've followed it up with a complete dud the next game.  No more fvcking around.  We need to see a similar effort against Calgary on Thursday.   

Jack should be back Thursday. I expect them to come out ready to fvck sh!t up. 

2 hours ago, devlman said:

VV looking like he’s turned the corner.

First 16 GP:  .877 save%

Next 9 GP:  .890 

Last 5 GP:  .914

Really hope he’s starting to put together a stretch of .910+ puckstopping.

But man the Devils are asking a LOT of their goalies.  So many more great looks for the opposition tonight…VV has faced 78 shots in his last two games (stopping 71).  At some point this sh!t has to show SOME signs of being corrected.

The Devils do continue to largely find ways to get it done when he’s given the net…they’re 18-7-2 in his starts.  Somehow (no matter how ragged) his team often finds ways to score enough goals to win for him.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

When I went downstairs to watch the game I brought my book with me since I was almost done. Told my girlfriend this is how I expect the game to go: The devils will give up a goal in the first min. Col will take a good lead and the devils will tie it up to make a game of it just to give it up with a few mins left in the game. I am very glad the second half of my prediction went the opposite way.

• Like 3