GDT - Stadium Series Game, Devils vs Flyers 2/17/24 8pm Abc, ESPN+

NJDfan1711

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

To which the NHL says: ‘We don’t want your money. Please keep it and spend it on something else instead of giving it to us.’

Only peripherally related, but with the return of the Starting Lineup series, I wonder if the NHL would allow the creation of action figures of current players.  I’d buy Jack, Nico, and Jesper as keepsakes. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Only peripherally related, but with the return of the Starting Lineup series, I wonder if the NHL would allow the creation of action figures of current players.  I’d buy Jack, Nico, and Jesper as keepsakes. 

I didn’t know Starting Lineups were back, that’s awesome! Had a ton of those as a kid.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

Let’s Go Devils!!!!

Win or lose on’t embarrass yourselves and the fans.

Losing is not an option after Thursday’s mediocre performance. 2 points in regulation needed. This is the season tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ButlerBulldog said:

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I didn’t know Starting Lineups were back, that’s awesome! Had a ton of those as a kid.  

Limited editions of Vitek Vanecek are being sold at our local supermarkets. Weird thing is they’re in the deli section, come in two colors: yellow or white, and the numerous holes are not a manufacturing defect… weird

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Limited editions of Vitek Vanecek are being sold at our local supermarkets. Weird thing is they’re in the deli section, come in two colors: yellow or white, and the numerous holes are not a manufacturing defect… weird

fox laughing GIF by Family Guy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I forgot about those.  I think you’re supposed to refrigerate them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

To which the NHL says: ‘We don’t want your money. Please keep it and spend it on something else instead of giving it to us.’

It really is amazing how bad they screwed themselves with everything from the super late release of the jerseys to the super late delivery of them to the lack of jerseys actually available.  If you're gonna do something like this with dopey new designs all over the place, why the hell wouldn't you be ready to make as much money as possible off it?  I'm glad I'm not a jersey person, one less aggravation from this season I suppose.

I actually do think they'll show up for this one and that we'll get the 2022-late 2023 elite version of Jack tonight - especially since I'm not going lol, but I'm also paranoid we'll fry Daws on his fourth game in six days and this'll be another game we moan about a 'goalie loss' which will only amp up the pressure on Fitz more on a potential Markstrom deal.  Might as well have played Schmid Thursday if they weren't gonna show up for that game anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I like the cold but I really don't care about tailgating and having to get here so early. I like leaving late and rolling right in before the anthems start. Bless Prudential, this makes me appreciate it so much more. 

I saw so many people on Twitter saying "they should still be playing in the meadowlands" yeah no, fvck outta here with that. I'll take a 25 minute trip down 20/21 over that traffic nightmare ANY day

• Like 2
  • EvilHeart 1

12 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I saw so many people on Twitter saying "they should still be playing in the meadowlands" yeah no, fvck outta here with that. I'll take a 25 minute trip down 20/21 over that traffic nightmare ANY day

I loved the Meadowlands; my memories of attending games there as a kid all the way up through the time I was 28 years old will always be golden. But no way would I go back. It was time to get out of there. 

• Like 3

Special offer to my devils fans here. I have a single ticket in a random place in the building that I'm not going to be able to use today, I think it's section 336.

If anyone is local to the stadium and can make it for puck drop, let me know and I'll send it to you via Ticketmaster for free.

LFGD

Edit: Claimed

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Holy sh!t 🤣 

Outstanding 🤣

ESPN showed them walking off the bus with Nico first in line and it was hard to recognize them.  I was like, "I think that's Nico wearing that tracksuit" lol

11 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

That’s an awfully nice watch that Nico’s wearing.

Wonder if it's a Temu Special. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I loved the Meadowlands; my memories of attending games there as a kid all the way up through the time I was 28 years old will always be golden. But no way would I go back. It was time to get out of there. 

It's even worse traveling there now than it was before lol, before was bad enough crossing three lanes at high speed and having a sh!tty wait to get out, but now you're either taking the train from Secaucus/Newark with a long wait or paying a premium for one of the few spots left there.

• Like 1