GDT: The 'It Barely Matters" Edition - 3/14/24 Devils @ Stars 8:00pm MSGN2

NJDfan1711

Guess I'll start this one. Although they're not mathematically eliminated from playoff contention, and somehow they keep getting help from others teams like the Caps who lost last night and the Wings who have lost 6 straight,  for the Devils, games are pretty much a formality at this point.

Another really tough test against arguably the best or second best team in the West.  The Stars are DEEP.  Robertson, Benn, Duchene, Pavelski, Heskanen, Oettinger is no slouch in goal. 

This is a test for the guys to prove that last year wasn't an anomaly, and that they actually have the skill and talent to keep up with a team of this caliber. 

I believe Dallas kicked our ass last time we played them. Hopefully time is more competitive.

Let's Go Devils.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Stankoven sounds like a side character from an American Pie movie

I can't decide if Stankoven would be one of Stiffler and Oz's teammates, or the Sherminator's equally hapless best friend.

Speaking of American Pie...so one of my frat bros is very much Stiffler...same kind of demeanor and can be hysterically funny in that lowbrow kind of way, without even trying.  So another frat bro was having his first son Christened (this was back in the early 2000s, so AP was still plenty relevant) and his nephew is there, and he's an absolute friggin' doppleganger for the Sherminator.  It's quiet within the church, as things have gotten underway, and a bunch of us who all went to college together and were all frat bros are sitting together.  The Sherminator-looking kid appears up front, and I hear my Stiffler-bud mumbling something in the row behind me, but everyone in my area hears the only words that matter: "The Sherminator".  Right away you have about 20 or so 30-somethings stifling laughter and trying to keep it together...a few people looked over at us, but fortunately that was the end of it...except for Stiffler-bud's wife, who I hear mutter "Chriiiiiiiiiiis!", in that way that only a disgusted girlfriend or wife can, heh heh. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Can we say it’s already 1-0 Dallas and save everyone one the trouble? 

We know who scores first.

I laughed out loud on that one, sad as it is.

14 minutes ago, nmigliore said:

Allen is in net tonight and Marino out per Kristy Flannery.

Oh this should be fun.  Welcome to Devil's defense, Allen.  Leaving guys wide open and giving up odd man rushes since ~2019.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Oh this should be fun.  Welcome to Devil's defense, Allen.  Leaving guys wide open and giving up odd man rushes since ~2019.

He’s been in Montreal for the last few years. He should be used to sh!tty defense lol

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Jack, Nico, and Mercer are apparently going to be a line tonight lol...

At this point, I don’t think it matters what the lines are, as the Devils will lose regardless.  If Green wants to indulge his Jack/Nico fantasy, so be it.  The new coach will doubtless undo his disfigurement of the roster when he takes over.

• Like 1