OLN Cablevision Subscibers

ljc99

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a simillar thing they went through with the YES Network. Cablevision wanted it on a pay tier and YES wanted it on basic. I'm sure they will work something out. I think you are wrong, 7. I don't think the highest concentration of hockey fans lives on Long Island and in North Jersey. Remember, most cable subscribers in New York City have Time Warner and this does not effect them.

hilarious! most of the hockey fans in America are clustered in the very area where OLN won't be available!

:doh1:

The tri-state area is the only place in the country that has hockey fans? Wow. Somebody better tell New England and Minnesota, then. I'm sure it'll be news to them.

I see why they did this - they're making sure Cablevision isn't getting any extra money off OLN, as well as ensuring no one has to pay extra to see the NHL.

But knowing the pissing match that are cable disputes, this one won't be resolved any time soon. Ah, the illusion of free market economies and rational self-interest.

hilarious! most of the hockey fans in America are clustered in the very area where OLN won't be available!

:doh1:

The tri-state area is the only place in the country that has hockey fans? Wow. Somebody better tell New England and Minnesota, then. I'm sure it'll be news to them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

minnesota is overrated, look at the north stars attendance before they moved.

new england is a good hockey region. but compared to isles, devils, and rangers fan combined they don't stand a chance.

I was going to wait to move till next year...but because we live in a complex where they do not allow satellites and Im stuck with Cablevision...Im gonna look to move sooner now...all because of a cable network..that is how much I loathe and despise everything about that cable company.

Edited by LOTCB

"In markets where OLN is offered on a digital sports tier, which includes Cablevision, we are required through our contracts to black out the games," an OLN spokesperson confirmed yesterday. "There will be alternative programming in that time slot. We are working with our affiliates on the situation. We believe OLN should be included on expanded basic, not a sport tier."

I was going to post this. Anyway, I'm glad we got Time Warner here. All we got to do is upgrade to Digital and this won't be an issue.

I hate seeing any fan get screwed.

I'm being dense here.  So even with digital Cablevision if I sprung for the Sportspak I won't get the NHL?  Not that I'd do it but how about Digital Cablevision with the Sportspak that contains OLN + Center Ice?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep.

What the NHL did ensures that no fan has to pay to see OLN. Unfortunately it means they will probably have to pay Cablevision for us.

I'm being dense here.  So even with digital Cablevision if I sprung for the Sportspak I won't get the NHL?  Not that I'd do it but how about Digital Cablevision with the Sportspak that contains OLN + Center Ice?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you have Cablevision, even if you spring for the Sportspak, you will not get NHL games on OLN.

What about FoxSports NY or MSG are they still carrying the games? Being in Michigan, I just bought the multi-regional sports package through Dish Network to get games in the NY-NJ area on FoxSports NY and MSG. If I'm not going to be able to watch the Devils game I'm canceling that mofo. Any help?

What about FoxSports NY or MSG are they still carrying the games?  Being in Michigan, I just bought the multi-regional sports package through Dish Network to get games in the NY-NJ area on FoxSports NY and MSG.  If I'm not going to be able to watch the Devils game I'm canceling that mofo. Any help?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not 100% sure but I think this just applies to the OLN exclusive games on Mondays/Tuesdays plus some playoffs. The devils are still on FSNY and MSG but am not sure how that applies to the DISH network.

Lisa

So... if 1 New York area team makes it to the semifinals, a vast majority of hockey fans here won't be able to see a single game on TV. (Nor would they be able to see the first two games of the cup finals.)

Imagine the nightmare for the NHL if 2 out of 3 teams make the semifinals and the little spat between Comcast and Cablevision isn't settled by then.

This is Comcast (OLN) doing to Cablevision, what Cablevision has practiced with other channels over the years. (MSG before they bought them & Yes). It's negotiation.

It is F*#@king hilarious, because Cablevision probably invented the practice.

Being a miserable Cablevision sunscriber for years, suffering with the Metro problem.... well, what goes around, comes around... let's see the jerks at cablevision scramble now.

And din't we sign a long term deal with FSNY to cover ALL of the the Devil's games.

This OLN stuff can't prempt that.

Just another instance of Cablevision f#$%ing their customers.

Why anyone uses them is beyond me. Anyone that subscribes to Cablevision knows what they're getting into.

Every hockey fan should call cablevision and cancel their service on the same day and move to satellite.

They have to be the worst run company in America.

Shocking but not really. I'm stuck with cablevision untill I get a better way for internet service. I work from home and need speed for large files.

I HATE THEM THOUGH!!!!! :argh:

The whole cable industry is F'd up.

Edited by John Wensink