OGT: Devils vs. Rangers, 7:30pm, MSG & FSNY

UnderDogX

Oh, I totally got a huge zinger on a Ranger fan at their HFBoards.

He whined about how the popularity of the league dwindling corresponding with our team winning Championships.

I said, and I quote "The popularity of the league dwindling corresponds with Bettman taking over and you're team sucking for the past decade, so shut up"

Sorry, but it was too good to hold to there.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

frankly, i do NOT want to play the rangers. the intensity was great tonight at the game, but in the playoffs, i think you'll get that anyway without 50% of the building being rangers fans. i've never seen a team do a better job of keeping the puck in the zone at the blueline. they also anticipated in the offensive zone very well when the devils were trying to move the puck. no pass on the wall went unchallenged either. they actually converged very well on gomez (or whoever the puck carrier might have been) going through the center of the neutral zone very well (other than gomer's coast to coast).

this game (as many do) was about PP's and mistakes (most notably White's two that led to NYR goals) and ozo playing a matador to let gomez go by.

i think if it is NJD vs NYR, the series goes at least 6. it would be entertaining for sure, but i'm not sure the devils come out on top.

The last thing the Devils need is another non-sellout series with Carolina to start things off. That building has a way of going silent very quickly. While I'm not convinced that Carolina is a steamroller, they do have some excellent forwards.

I do not want Buffalo in the first round. No way that going into the playoffs that red hot is good.

That leaves the Rangers, who while challenging our passes and keeping at the blueline well, weren't able to make splendid scoring chances out of those opportunities. With all the challenging going on, they're bound to make mistakes that lead to odd-man rushes. Also, their trap tonight was god-awful - they need to review some tape on how to trap because they let the Devils right through on more than one occasion in the third period, including the Gomez goal.

I just want the Rangers because it will be a great series. Who knows about the other teams - I don't want a lifeless matchup, as the Devils have had in the past.

Nice of Marshall to add to the string of stupid penalties we took tonight.

Amazing just how many games we can win while being a one line team. If someone figures out how to stop the P&Gs, we're in trouble. But until that time, hold onto your hat and enjoy the ride.

Even though the Elias line isn't producing much as far as goals go, I think they create good chances, and they don't allow the other team to just key in on one line, because both are legit threats. We have seemed to get evenly distributed scoring since the lineup change (save for the past game or two).

In the beggining of the game, Zach Parise came out before warmups with his little tights on, he was just sitting on the bench with his stick. I got a hand shake and was pretty proud of it.

AMAZING GAME!! I pissed off 3 ranger dudes, the biggest that I saw and was making fun of them, then they said they beat up kids younger than me(mind you I am 3 and they are over 21). Funnies sh!t they threaned to beat me up cuz i keept saying- '' Thank you all for coming to tonight's game, it made this game worth while'' then they rambled on how they are leading the division and all. THen I say '' shut up, 3 cups in 11 years, and you guys what, 1 in 50! you shut up''. And then they all broke the cups outside and I shouted, ''tempermental ranger fans'' and they all just stared at me hahah.

Hollweg is an ass for taking the cheapest shot's I have seen in a while.

Best intensity game I have been to all season, think it was sold out with almost half the fans ranger fans.

just got back from the game....also pissed off a bunch of rags fans...brylin is officially one of my favorite devils now

the rangers fans were so much louder than us...the rangers scored, and it felt like we were in msg.

before the game, i labelled this a must win game

before the 3rd, i said that this would have to be the biggest period of the season

it took about 10 or 11 minutes, but the devils played one hell of a half a period!

my voice is so shot right now, i cant remember ever screaming as loud as i did when GIO scored...one of the best games ive ever been to!

This team is so damn hot now, of course you have to be worried about them peaking too soon, then reverting back to the old Devils who for three weeks could barelys score 2 goals a game. If that happens, then we're not beatng anybody in the playoffs.

I think probably the best thing that can happen to us is to lose the next two games to cool off a bit, then win the final two to start the momentum going again for the playoffs.

also, as sweet as it would be to beat the Rangers in the first round, it would be even sweeter in the 2nd or Wales Conference Finals...

Edited by '7'

Any of you who don't want to see Devils-Rangers are NUTS. I haven't heard CAA like that in the regular season in a long time, possibly ever. So what if the Devils lose - they've already lost to the Rangers before. What's one more? But to beat them - and I think we could do it.

i was disguisted....the rags fans were 10x louder than us, i kept tryign to get some chants going in my section, but devils fans get WAY too quiet....get loud when a goal is scored, and less than 5 minutes later the whole place is silent.

colin white plays with such intelligence and forethought.

white has always been a hothead. it's part of his game that has to go away. it did with stevens. hopefully whitey can be a little smarter.

i never realized how SLOW matvichuk is, and how little hand eye coordination he has when he handles the puck. how many stupid penalties did wiemer take tonight?

i also noticed matvichuk being a post tonight, but i think that had more to do with his back failing him than anything else

holy what hole was i in that i didn't know they had a game tonight? who won? wtf!! ummmm... :boogie: Let;s Go Biatches?? :boogie::noclue:

speaking of matvichuck, i know he has been playing with a spinal injury and on the white turnover he was apparently injured due to a knee on knee...

lets all hope he is ok.

maybe we will see the return of David Hale.

That really was a great game, gomer's sic...

holy what hole was i in that i didn't know they had a game tonight? who won? wtf!! ummmm... :boogie: Let;s Go Biatches?? :boogie::noclue:

Shame SHAME on you.

Quit watching the Crasher Web Cam for a while. :ph34r:

Wow - a great comeback by New Jersey. I think they were the better team most of the night and managed to keep the puck off the sticks of the dangerous scorers for the Rangers. OTOH, the Rangers could do nothing to prevent the big goal scorers from the Devils from getting quality chances.

I'd like to thank the Rangers for acquiring Sandis Ozolinsh - got beat by Gomez and Gionta in successive shifts. What is Tom Renney thinking having that guy out on the penalty kill?

I hope Matvichuk is okay. Same with the linesman. Gritty performance by Sergei Brylin to play through the pain and get the goal.

With a Tampa loss and New Jersey win, the Devils can clinch at least not playing Ottawa fairly soon.

Any of you who don't want to see Devils-Rangers are NUTS. I haven't heard CAA like that in the regular season in a long time, possibly ever. So what if the Devils lose - they've already lost to the Rangers before. What's one more? But to beat them - and I think we could do it.

Devils-Rangers would be awesome for hockey in the area. It would get people talking about hockey who might not normally do so. It would be electric around here for 2 weeks. Not to mention, I think we can definately beat them, so I want this BAAAAD.

that was the craziest i have ever heard that arena during a game... i was kicking myself for not going tonight... my friends and i were screaming at the tv the whole game... definately one of the most exciting games of the year as well... great win!! 6 in a row!!

dont forget those wins during this streak

ottawa

philadelphia

buffalo

pittsburgh

pittsburgh

rangers....

we are on FIRE

You forgot Montreal, before the Ranger game. :D

just got back from the game....also pissed off a bunch of rags fans...brylin is officially one of my favorite devils now

the rangers fans were so much louder than us...the rangers scored, and it felt like we were in msg.

before the game, i labelled this a must win game

before the 3rd, i said that this would have to be the biggest period of the season

it took about 10 or 11 minutes, but the devils played one hell of a half a period!

my voice is so shot right now, i cant remember ever screaming as loud as i did when GIO scored...one of the best games ive ever been to!

Sarge has always been my favorite. I've got a #18 jersey. It's my only one.

Great win for the Devils. They had 3 things going against them last night: 2nd game of a back-to-back, the game was on a Sunday, and trailing in the 3rd period. They overcame all 3. :boogie:

:dance::clap:

Great game. I had these obnoxious Ranger fans behind me, father/son, who couldn't stop talking about how the were hoping Hollweg would hurt somebody, why weren't the Rangers running the goalie more, and how much Marty stunk because he gave up 2 goals. At least they shut up by the end of the game.

So with the Devils two points out of the No. 5 seed, how many folks on this board still hope they'll tumble out of the postseason in order to secure a better draft pick?

Just asking...

<JESTER>

Ha ha ha. Nice.

By beating Buffalo, Philadelphia, Montreal, New York, and Ottawa, this team has proven they have no chance in the playoffs anyway, so they may as well just fold up now.

From nj.com

"Perhaps it was not the best night to hold Devils Travel Mug Night. Debris from hundreds (at least) of smashed mugs was found in the parking lots outside the Arena. "

Anyone know what happened?

you mean besides the stupidity of having a giveaway night in a game with your #2 rival coming into town and NOT making a weekend game a part of the weekend plan so most of your partials don't come and half the place is filled with Ranger fans who found the bandwagon thanks to your arena's own incompitence???

... no freaking idea :lol: