GDT: 4/12/2009 Devils vs Hurricanes 7:30PM

RunninWithTheDevil

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's how you play the game, and that's how you shut up all the critics who say "Carolina's too hot" and "Jersey's too cold". It was said on AOL Fanhouse, yes, they were good in March, the Devils weren't. But it's not March anymore. The playoffs are a different animal. And the Devils showed it tonight. Really good to see a complete effort from these guys, a 60-minute offensive and defensive domination. Shows that if we're on, it doesn't matter who we play, we'll win. Hopefully we can make as quick work of the series as we made of the Canes tonight.

That's how you play the game, and that's how you shut up all the critics who say "Carolina's too hot" and "Jersey's too cold". It was said on AOL Fanhouse, yes, they were good in March, the Devils weren't. But it's not March anymore. The playoffs are a different animal. And the Devils showed it tonight. Really good to see a complete effort from these guys, a 60-minute offensive and defensive domination. Shows that if we're on, it doesn't matter who we play, we'll win. Hopefully we can make as quick work of the series as we made of the Canes tonight.

Your words ring true. This team has the talent, and the character to blow through the hurricanes. So long as the refs don't fall for thier dives the canes won't stand much of a chance.

Fantastic performance, and long may that continue, the hussle was back in the team.

Like NZT said Fridays game is a big one, we need to be 2-0 up going to Carolina, all this team has to do is play smart and play hard. Hopefully this will be the

re-emergance of that mid season form that saw us take teams appart.

:dance: LGD :dance:

Well, I had it right.

One team established its game early on and set the tone.

One team looked like it was a step slower the whole game.

One team clearly played with a ton of confidence and didn't fear the other one in the slightest.

Only problem with my predictions: I thought Carolina was going to do what the Devils last night. It's one game, but if '06 was in the Devils' heads going into this one, last night was a big step toward exorcising those memories. Just a phenomenal job, from the coaching staff to the players. Not much more to say than that.

Great game last night.... way too tired to post last night, pretty much crashed asleep as soon as I got home......... Excellent Devils playoff game and excellent crowd. Announced sell out? kind of surprised. I understand that alot of people are in the bars, etc..... but how do you explain the empty seats and rows in 230 and the balconys?.......... o well it was great NOT to see blue in the crowd for a playoff game.....

Just a great night and ready for game 2!!!

LETS GO DEVILS!!

Edited by overtime98

Great game last night.... way too tired to post last night, pretty much crashed asleep as soon as I got home......... Excellent Devils playoff game and excellent crowd. Announced sell out? kind of surprised. I understand that alot of people are in the bars, etc..... but how do you explain the empty seats and rows in 230 and the balconys?.......... o well it was NOT to see blue in the crowd for a playoff game.....

LETS GO DEVILS!!

That was so me last night when I got home from the Rock. I don't ever crash that fast. I got home, checked the boards for a few minutes, and fell asleep on the couch 30 minutes later. Crowd was electric with our fans in the house.

The Flyers fan. HAHAHA Devils crowd chants "WHY ARE YOU HERE" over and over. Too funny.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD. Chants... too funny.

PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE on Carolina when they had the puck. Great job not giving them an easy time of it.

Devils could have had 3 more goals. Cam did play a good game except for that first goal turn over.

I'll be there Friday as well as every playoff game this year at the Rock. Hopefully the crowd will be even louder Friday.

Scoops

Great game last night.... way too tired to post last night, pretty much crashed asleep as soon as I got home......... Excellent Devils playoff game and excellent crowd. Announced sell out? kind of surprised. I understand that alot of people are in the bars, etc..... but how do you explain the empty seats and rows in 230 and the balconys?.......... o well it was NOT to see blue in the crowd for a playoff game.....

LETS GO DEVILS!!

I could count the number of empty seats on one hand. It was a sell-out.

Great night at the Rock- awesome to be there for the 1st ever playoff victory :dance:

The Canes perhaps had a slight advantage through the first ten-fifteen minutes but that first goal really got us some momentum. Devils were pretty much able to put it in cruise control the rest of the game and continue to add to the lead. I was upset when Marty gave up a goal in the 3rd because I knew he had a chance to tie Roy for all-time playoff shutouts. However the team was able to respond well with another goal, which is a pretty good sign.

Ive heard a lot of good things about 209 and let me say it was just an awesome atmosphere there. 208-210 had LGD's chants going the almost non-stop, a loud kill chant, loud Carolina sucks chants after goals, Santa chants, NJ Devil chants; it was just awesome. One of the best moments of the night was surprisingly right after the Canes goal. Two chunky women (Canes fans in 210- last row) got up and started cheering and 208 started a Eat a Salad chant that spread into 209 and into 210 :rofl: Great to see that there were maybe twenty Hurricanes fans in the building?

Edited by welcometotherock

You have alot of fingers. 230, my section, had at least 15 empty seats. Across the way, there was a whole section with 2 rows missing. It was an awesome crowd, but it wasn't a sell out.

ONE MORE TIME MB. It WAS a SELL OUT last night! Get it? Understand yet? Good.

It was announced as a SELL OUT. Tickets were SOLD. Cannot go by the empty seats. :doh1:

A sell-out can also be measured by tickets distributed, including sold and freebies. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in charge just picked up the 500 or so freebies left over in order to say it was a sell out.

Either way, it looks good in the papers and in the online box scores. That's all that matters. They don't print pictures of empty seats in the box score.