Rolston

moustic

I think thats reading too much into this. I think the other teams just see that Rolston is finished and realize that even 2.5 is too much for the bum. I'm sure some GMs did think that way and wouldnt even consider it, but Rolston flat out sucks.

lol I know you're right, but I'm sure it was icing on the cake just thinking about the invincible Lou squirming to get out of a bad situation he put himself in

I almost read into this as other teams saying "Lou, you screwed yourself over. We're still kinda mad about the Kovy thing, so we're not helping you out this time. Good luck bailing yourself out of this mess you created"

I read face value into it, that other GM's are seeing what we see and Rolston's not even worth $5 million over two years on an unmovable contract.

Lou doesn't need help getting under the cap now, a dubious thanks to Parise's injury and Salvador's 'Stevens flu'. Not to mention Arnott and Langs will likely be gone by the deadline anyway. If they're still on the team in March then I'll buy the conspiracy theory.

Well, we are all watching the same games as the GMs and Scouts so although it would have been nice and helpful, could we really have expected paid professionals to scoop up a player who contributes absolutely nothing for a 2.5 million dollar cap hit? Most AHLers at league minimum salary contribute more. My housemate who barley knows anything about hockey watches games with me and even he asks me how Rolston can be so bad...

i don't really know why palmieri would be called up if there weren't some move coming.

Hasn't Palmieri been playing well in the World Juniors? Maybe he played his way into being the piece that makes Rolston worth acquiring in a trade?

Although I don't think a guy in the minors has to be called up before getting traded, so there goes that.

Hasn't Palmieri been playing well in the World Juniors? Maybe he played his way into being the piece that makes Rolston worth acquiring in a trade?

Although I don't think a guy in the minors has to be called up before getting traded, so there goes that.

different palmieri, unfortunately.

i still think the islanders can save money with rolston. maybe it happens closer to the deadline.

Great, so now we have a guy on the roster who has just been waived twice including the embarrassment of having no one in the league pick him up for half of his cost. I don't want to get into whether or not Lou deserves to keep his job and what he's done for us in the past, but since the end of last season I don't think a GM could possibly do a worse job with this team if they tried. Cap issues hanging over this team like a cancer, letting Martin walk, Tallender signing, Kovy debacle and losing 2 picks as part of the fallout, signing a $1.5 million backup goalie when you know you're going to be up against the cap, MacLean, etc...I have absolutely no confidence in this guy anymore.

Palmerir plays right wing as well.

Him being called up doesn't make much sense if someone isnt getting shipped out.

This could lend some credibiltiy to the Langs/Leafs trade.

I know a lot of people aren't keen, but i like Palmieri, he has show glimpses of having real potential. When he played with the Devils last year he didn't look out of place IMO.

Why'd they put him through if they hadn't gotten a "ping" from the Isles. because lord knows, they were the only team claiming him. well, this is a debacle, now they have to bring back someone they gave a farewell "burial" to.

since Zach might miss the rest of the season, I'd just keep him down there

He's been recalled? Come on, Lou, really? BURY HIM IN ALBANY!

On another note, now I feel a little bad for Rolston because he's been humiliated. Not even for $2.5 million, says the entire league. Embarrassing.

I knew he'd be re-called after this. You really think Vanderbeek wants to pay a guy $5 mil to play in Albany?

I knew he'd be re-called after this. You really think Vanderbeek wants to pay a guy $5 mil to play in Albany?

I think this may end up forcing Lou into retirement. He sounded like a defeated man the other day.

I'm worried that next year will be too late. I mean, Parise re-signing is such a priority. The possibility of Winky stopping us from signing Parise scares me half to death.

Not likely. But if it did happen, it would be one of the worst things to happen to the team in a long time (besides this catastrophe of a season).

I'm worried that next year will be too late. I mean, Parise re-signing is such a priority. The possibility of Winky stopping us from signing Parise scares me half to death.

Can you show me the math where not getting rid or Rolston this season prevents signing Parise? I don't see it. They'll have 12 million dollars or so to sign 6 or 7 guys. Add in that you can go up to 10% over the cap in the offseason and the Devils have almost 18 million dollars to play with in the offseason. This includes Rolston and Clarkson being on the cap.