New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not disputing that the first Kovy deal and Hossa's are vastly different. My point is that the NHL dropped the ball not challenging the Hossa contract. That would've set a much clearer line in the sand.

Indeed, thankee kindly.

I can understand people attempting to bugger off Hossa's contract saying it's vastly different, but the reality is that the NHL completely blew it by not challenging it when it was submitted.

In my world, cap circumvention is cap circumvention. I don't care what you try to dress it up as.....IT'S CAP CIRCUMVENTION.

Give me a freaking break with this crap that the contract and those like it that have been shrugged, nodded, and winked at are now "under investigation." The NHL isn't going to do crap wrt those contracts after the fact.

Let's say that Osama and the Mullah Omar have painted themselves into a bloody corner.

Morons.

:rant:

The NHLPA agreeing to extend the deadline suggests to me this deal is going to win approval from the NHL because I think the NHLPA would feel confident going to arbitration this time if the NHL wanted to reject it. Rather this is about changing something minor, or agreeing to an amendment to the CBA in conjunction with this contract being approved.

There is NO NEED for it to take this long. NONE! They have had DAYS to look it over. What, they could not find any reason to reject it this time around so they need another 2 days to find something?!?!? This is a disaster, and a black eye for the sport. This sh!t would not happen with any other professional sports league.

The NHLPA agreeing to extend the deadline suggests to me this deal is going to win approval from the NHL because I think the NHLPA would feel confident going to arbitration this time if the NHL wanted to reject it. Rather this is about changing something minor, or agreeing to an amendment to the CBA in conjunction with this contract being approved.

i don't think they can change the contract as it's written right now.

blame the PA, they're the ones who agreed to the extension.

Edited by Triumph

you could read that the opposite way, or any other way you wanted to, as well.