Countdown to the Playoffs

BostonNala370

The Devils have as good of a chance at making the playoffs as I do of having sex with Kate Upton tomorrow night.

Isn't that one of those payable bonus options they give you in those obnoxious "God Of War" mobile game commericals??

sigh.gif

And back down the ladder ye go.

It's so simple.  When the Devils suck, I'm gonna say they suck.  When the Devils are good, I'm gonna say they're good.  Why is this so hard for people to understand?  That is the REAL definition of REALISTIC.

Edited by Mike Brown

I'm actually enjoying watching my own team tank.  Perhaps some of the guys will be so embarrassed of themselves, they'll just retire on their own, including Elias, Havlat, Ryder, Zubrus, etc....

We don't stink per se...we are just old and finished.

I'm actually enjoying watching my own team tank.  Perhaps some of the guys will be so embarrassed of themselves, they'll just retire on their own, including Elias, Havlat, Ryder, Zubrus, etc....

60 point players: Cammalleri

50 point players: Elias, Jagr, Henrique

40 point players: Zajac, Clowe, Ryder

That's basically 7 forwards capable of playing a top 6 role.  We have enough forward talent.  When healthy we have three 2nd lines, and a 3rd line as our 4th line.  The issue is that all of them are injury prone players. And they have all faced injuries.  Or in Ryder's case a combination of bad luck and inconsistency.  We also have a very good young defense.  Problem there is young dmen will have growing pains.

In a nutshell, our forwards are old and injury prone, and our defense is young.  But the talent is definitely there.

Edited by Mike Brown

They wouldn't be limping in per se, they'd need to go on some super awesome run just to get the last playoff spot.

Very true...

Lets see how it plays out, assuming we are out of it byt he deadline, Do everything you can to trade every forward except Henrique. Picks prospects, maybe some young players... and I mean sell ALL Jagr, Elias Rydery Gomez Gionta... anything you can get rid of, and especially any ugly contracts!!  Rutuu!!

According to sportsclubstats.com, the Devils currently have a 0.4 percent chance of making the playoffs. They are currently on pace for roughly 71 points.

12 points out of a wild card slot, 10 points out of dead last. If it ended today, we'd be picking 5th or 6th. Id take that

Where do I sign?

It's so simple. When the Devils suck, I'm gonna say they suck. When the Devils are good, I'm gonna say they're good. Why is this so hard for people to understand? That is the REAL definition of REALISTIC.

I'm just busting your chops, I get what you're saying.

Firing DeBoer doesn't change the fact that we need to win 31 games out of 46 to make the playoffs

We can do this especially if Lou get behind the bench.

Mike Brown comes back to reality and now we have this.

They aren't making the playoffs. They have to look to the future and sell of the garbage.

can we just lock and delete this. The devils are eliminated. No need to have this crap rubbed in our faces.

7, have you read my other posts of course I don't think we can do this. Every place you read about the Devils being out of the playoffs they say we are 11 points out. That's not true every team ahead of us has at least 1 to 4 games in hand. That means we are from 13 to 19 possible points out. As for rubbing in our face wasn't that what you did nightly re: Brodeur and now the present team?

Edited by BostonNala370

can we just lock and delete this. The devils are eliminated. No need to have this crap rubbed in our faces.

Or at least change it to the Countdown to the Draft Lottery.  I'd rather see update on how close we are to getting the best odds at the top pick.

Or at least change it to the Countdown to the Draft Lottery.  I'd rather see update on how close we are to getting the best odds at the top pick.

Really. I don't know why anyone would even WANT to see this team as it is even make the playoffs other than being a blind fan with unrealistic expectations. If they did make it, it would be by the skin of their teeth. They're playing an incredibly unentertaining brand of hockey right now and unless there was a legitimate night and day overnight change in this, they'll be lucky to miss it in the 10th or 11th position in the conference. IMO it would actually be harmful for this sort of run to occur, because eventually they're going to hit a wall b/c of age and too many players will break down (as is happening now).

This team is not built for a long run. The injuries and garbage play by guys we should be counting on night in and night out (ahem Zajac, etc) have just decimated us. Deboer's terrible personnel management the first 3 months of the season set us back too far to make much of a difference.

The last time we had an awful season and ended up with a top 5 pick, we were in the Final the next. Granted, I dont expect that in the slightest this time around, but this year is basically a wash already. Its time for Lou and Co. to seriously consider a rebuild in respects, because right now the cupboard is mostly bare offensively and quite a few players who we should be counting on are completely underwhelming. Its not a bad thing unless it becomes the norm (aka Edmonton).

this is it in a nutshell. We are a spoiled lot, having a lot of success for many years.  We're in a bit of a downward spiral. Some of us our losing faith in Lou's ability to recognize, start to turn it around. A "Skilled" nhl (or almost) ready righty would be step in the right direction.