Patty back tonight (11/25)

MadDog2020

Have a feeling Elias has very little left, if anything. Would love for him to prove me wrong.

Yeah, I can't see him being too effective upon his return, at least not right away.  I also can't imagine he plays after this season.  The length of this injury surprised me, and I think it probably surprised him too, and I think he's the type of guy who would want to go out with some grace and dignity and be remembered as a player who was an all around good player who didn't play past his worth and contributions. 

Yeah, I can't see him being too effective upon his return, at least not right away.  I also can't imagine he plays after this season.  The length of this injury surprised me, and I think it probably surprised him too, and I think he's the type of guy who would want to go out with some grace and dignity and be remembered as a player who was an all around good player who didn't play past his worth and contributions

yes, but he's also super competitive and driven..i only see a nagging injury making him retire

Elias is my all-time favorite Devil.  Clear cut #1 personal favorite with no doubt in my mind.

With that being said, this has a very good probably of this season being very ugly for Patty.  After what I saw last year and with his injury issues, not sure how much left he will have in the tank.  If he is the weak or slow link in the offense when he comes back then I have no problems with Hynes scratching Elias.  We have played 2+ seasons with a lineup filled with plenty of players who shouldn't be around, but were with what can only be described as for sentimental reasons.

Love Elias and what he has done, but even if this is his last season in the NHL or not, I think he should be traded at the deadline regardless of how he is doing.  If no one takes him that is one thing, but even if there is a team willing to throw a 7th rounder at him I think Shero should take it.

I'll go against the grain. Elias was really good just 2 years ago, I won't be surprised if he is effective this season.

And Josefson and his countryman Tlusty are not bad linemates to be paired up with either. That's a nice-looking third line that Hynes can roll and give significant minutes to.

Edited by DJ Eco

I am not worried about Patty. Last year we had a slow team, I can see this infusion of youth inspire him to raise his level of play.

The only player I dont like on this team is gio. I think Matteau should be given time on the fourth line instead.

Edited by Anhkheg

• 2 weeks later...