What would you trade for Taylor Hall?

roomtemp

William - finally we agree on something. Definitely. Cory Schneider can certainly be the centerpiece of a blockbuster trade, and given my "blehhh sentiments" of how he has played this season, I would not be opposed to entertaining offers for Schneider that will bring us a bonafide first line winger that is below 26 years old.

Well I'd say it's a good thing your "blehhh sentiments" carry no weight!

He is not going to win us a Stanley Cup folks. Schneider is not everything everyone has him pinned to be (at least from what I can see so far).

What a totally valid statement to make, based off of two seasons of pretty spectacular seasons so far. Are you one of the ones that wanted Marty back?

Kinkaid, however, has impressed me. It started last season against the Bolts. He is a cool customer and for certain, will raise a goaltending controversy in NJ very soon...

You mean, the only game he played in worth mentioning last season? Seriously - tell me another game he started :lol:

Give me a break man.

Enough of the trade Schneider bull sh!t. You're all being a bit moronic. As for Hall, I would love to have him but Edmonton will want way too much for that deal to go through. What do you guys think it would take to get Johnny Gaudreau? I've been watching him a bit lately and I like him a lot. Calgary is playing Gotham at 9 if you want to check him out some more.

Enough of the trade Schneider bull sh!t. You're all being a bit moronic. As for Hall, I would love to have him but Edmonton will want way too much for that deal to go through. What do you guys think it would take to get Johnny Gaudreau? I've been watching him a bit lately and I like him a lot. Calgary is playing Gotham at 9 if you want to check him out some more.

What will it take to get a future core piece from an up and coming team poised for sustained success? I'm gonna guess a lot.

Lol. Good thing this doesn't carry much weight either.

Well I'd say it's a good thing your "blehhh sentiments" carry no weight!

What a totally valid statement to make, based off of two seasons of pretty spectacular seasons so far. Are you one of the ones that wanted Marty back?

You mean, the only game he played in worth mentioning last season? Seriously - tell me another game he started :lol:

Give me a break man.

Anyone is expendable to get Taylor Hall.

The Devils have no skill players. The Devils have no goal scorers.

If Hall does become available, he is a must get if NJ wants to create an effective offense.

There's no way we can acquire Hall without breaking the rest of the team.

To get Hall, something like Severson+Henrique+1st would have to go the other way. That's more than I'm willing to give up, especially with good/deep this year's draft is supposed to be.

Devils and Oilers as trading partners don't make sense. They need centers, we don't exactly have an abundance either. We have young defensemen they might want but not a lot of them (and I don't think sending D-prospects will get anything done). And Hall is a LW and we need help at RW way more.

Half the posters here have no "eye" for hockey.  Trust me, on a hunch, I think Kinkaid has the technique to be a solid goaltender.  Let's see if he has the character.

I'll be honest, thank goodness we only lost Bo Horvat as a result of the Schneider trade, because he is NOT impressing me his first two seasons here...

• Haha 1

You absolutely get Taylor Hall. Just turned 23. 80 points last season. 50 in 45 the year before. You can't just say "well we need a center first so let's not prioritize Hall"

whatever, when a player of this caliber becomes available and you're as starved for offense and excitement as the Devils then you jump on it

And I would trade this years 1st round pick for him (we wont end up bad enough for McDavid or Eichel, especially now with a real backup and the team getting healthy we'll start winning some games you'd figure) If we give up the 1st then we can build a package and get Hall

He has 148 points in his last 146 games. He is an elite talent and a superstar. With the state of our franchise now we can't afford to let opportunities like this slip away

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

Edmonton doesn't want another 1st round pick.  They're already going to pick in the top 5.  They already have a bunch of top picks on their roster.  If anything, they want to trade their pick for something awesome so they can put together a good team.

Whatever deal it would be would probably include someone that has a pretty good shot at being a franchise goalie.  That brings into the equation Boston (Subban) Tampa (Vasilevski) Anaheim (Gibson/Andersen).  It's, to say the least, a longshot that Kinkaid will impress to the point that he would be an important part of a deal that would bring back a return like Hall. 

I would say though that as things get closer to the deadline and the bottom of the standings become more crystalized, it would make sense for Edmonton to talk to teams that are in that 3-6 area, especially if Edmonton is guaranteed Eichel, which is looking very likely. Math isn't my strong suit, but that would seem to give them a plausible shot at picks one and two.  That is a dynasty in the making. 

Edmonton doesn't want another 1st round pick. They're already going to pick in the top 5. They already have a bunch of top picks on their roster. If anything, they want to trade their pick for something awesome so they can put together a good team.

Hall probably won't get moved until the offseason- if at all- anyway. Rarely do you ever see a deal of that magnitude during the season anymore.
  • Like 1

Edmonton doesn't want another 1st round pick.  They're already going to pick in the top 5.  They already have a bunch of top picks on their roster.  If anything, they want to trade their pick for something awesome so they can put together a good team.

They'll happily take a 2nd first rounder this year. Any deal for Hall will likely have a 1st round pick involved

Edited by '7'

Edmonton doesn't want another 1st round pick. They're already going to pick in the top 5. They already have a bunch of top picks on their roster. If anything, they want to trade their pick for something awesome so they can put together a good team.

I don't see the fit in terms of a one for one elsewhere. What do they want. Maybe Columbus for Johansen? I don't see the stud Dman being available.

They'll happily take a 2nd first rounder this year. Any deal for Hall will likely have a 1st round pick involved

I think it's doable too from the perspective that you have a GM who can manage and get asset return and swing those picks for another player or two. The problem is trading Hall from a PR perspective you need an immediate stud or overpay to sell it to the fanbase and in your job.

Right now the Oilers are suffering from not having a true roster and development blueprint.

You guys don't get it - at some point you have to actually ice a team.  You cannot just keep stockpiling 1st round picks and expect them to work out - they become less likely to work out if you don't put the proper framework in place.  Either way, I doubt Hall is being traded any time soon.

You guys don't get it - at some point you have to actually ice a team.  You cannot just keep stockpiling 1st round picks and expect them to work out - they become less likely to work out if you don't put the proper framework in place.  Either way, I doubt Hall is being traded any time soon.

I don't disagree. In fact I agree entirely and it appears Edmonton has reached this conclusion itself finally.

Getting a consistent goalie is harder than everyone thinks. What if Kinkaid is garbage, then what?

...wait knowing this fanbase we will sign Marty next year.

Maxime Clermont had been in the ECHL for  what 4 years now, he gotta be ready. What's wrong with a Clemmenson/Unproven Kinkaid combo anyway?