I really am beginning to hate our fans.

HellOnICE

Perhaps you dont remember it because you were much younger. Either way, I can assure you that 15-20 years ago, these characteristics and certain fan behaviors certainly existed back then (probably even more so at that, too). In my opinion, it used to be worse. But youre right in that this stuff was more in the isolated uppers and, like Crasher says, far less publicized.

I was in high school 15 years ago so I remember it pretty well and I do not remember any of these antics.  I do remember the "sucks" part after the visiting lineup announcements in the 03 Finals, but the YS chant didn't exist and I again I didn't see much at all of this "attitude" that PD is talking about.  I am not saying it never happened, but not to that level that he is talking about.

Again it could be because I spent those years in our seats in the lower level where things tend to be much tamer.  I can accept that reasoning.

The Rangers sucks has always been around, the Suck after starting lineups. I'm actually OK with those two, in some ways. I don't mind Rangers Suck on most nights, I Just hate when we are losing 3-0 and that chant starts out of boredom. Also, not a fan of "Flyers Swallow" part - it's just disgusting and I hate having to hide my fandom if I bring someone who's not familiar with it. This is been beaten to death with the YS chant, listen back to 95, 00, 03 - tell me where the YS chant was post-goal song...it's not there. Again, maybe I was younger and didn't notice, but it's too widespread now. But I blame the organization for this on a lot of it anyway.

I actually do not have a major issue with the Rangers suck chant in general (though the Flyers swallow and Crosby watch parts are silly).  My issue is that I hear it now 5 times a period which is more than how many times I hear LGD chant during the entire game.

Might stem from the fact that the team is more boring than watching paint dry these past few years.  I think some of the juvenile stuff stems from people finding ways to entertain themselves during the game.

The arena was generally loud when I went during each round of the 2012 playoffs.  There were lulls, especially when the Devils had blown a lead.. but overall I think it was a great fan experience.  And I don't recall a stupid amount of RS's or similar stuff.

I'm not saying I'd start a "Rangers Suck" chant during a game (I can't do the whistle loud enough) - but that's at least a "fun" chant for some people.  And while I agree that hearing it five times in one game is excessive, it might be a highlight for someone who went to see "Devils hockey" loss.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Went last night for the first time in a couple weeks, and now we have a guy with a horn a few minutes after goals starting a "Hey You Suck"...anyone taking part in this should knocked right in the face. It's so douchey, pathetic, loser mentality. So gross. and Embarrassing. I'd rather steal the Islanders' fans "YES YES YES"

The You Suck.....on what planet does anyone take part in this think "this is great!"

Why not chant the name of the player who scored the goal?

They're probably going to outlaw vuvuzelas next year or at least I'd hope so.

Dream come true if it ever happens.

They already have, I think but let people slide with it. I don't mind Vuvuzelas but fvcking jesus christ the YOU SUCK....it's sooooo trashy. 

How I envision the thought process of some of the YS crowd:

"We're showing the man, man! The owners don't know the fans and can't censor us! We'll show them!"

"Mommy and daddy won't let me talk like this at home so I'll do it here!"

"Hey bro, this reminds me of college, god those were good times, let's yell that and think back to $.05 pint nights!"

And lastly, the entirety of the defunct-diablos disaster who are still mad about having to pay regular prices like the rest of the fanbase:

"We deserve cheaper tickets! We're the pulse of the fans! This is our revenge!"

They already have, I think but let people slide with it. I don't mind Vuvuzelas but fvcking jesus christ the YOU SUCK....it's sooooo trashy. 

If the ONLY purpose of vuvuzela is going to be to start the Rangers Suck chant you can bet your bottom dollar it's going to be outlawed.  The only other time I hear the vuvuzelas is during the 'Kill' chant on the penalties, but that doesn't always need the vuvuzela for prompting.

Went last night for the first time in a couple weeks, and now we have a guy with a horn a few minutes after goals starting a "Hey You Suck"...anyone taking part in this should knocked right in the face. It's so douchey, pathetic, loser mentality. So gross. and Embarrassing. I'd rather steal the Islanders' fans "YES YES YES"

The You Suck.....on what planet does anyone take part in this think "this is great!"

I saw you posted this on one of the Devils FB groups as well and you are getting destroyed for it by the YS crowd.

I 100% agree with you but I would never post about it on the FB groups as they are basically filled with the fans you are railing against.

How I envision the thought process of some of the YS crowd:

"We're showing the man, man! The owners don't know the fans and can't censor us! We'll show them!"

"Mommy and daddy won't let me talk like this at home so I'll do it here!"

"Hey bro, this reminds me of college, god those were good times, let's yell that and think back to $.05 pint nights!"

And lastly, the entirety of the defunct-diablos disaster who are still mad about having to pay regular prices like the rest of the fanbase:

"We deserve cheaper tickets! We're the pulse of the fans! This is our revenge!"

I believe there is a good amount of truth to those explanations, especially the first one and the college part.

About the diablos: ask any of them and they will tell you that they are still around, but that they are spread apart to "help get different parts of the arena cheering." That's a pretty sad way of saying that basically the Devils ended the practice of giving you dirt cheap tickets and took away your section.

I actually used to like them when they were known as the supporters. Of course that was mostly a different crowd and were very inclusive and were against cliques like what the crazies have become. When the Devils made them into the diablos and you had to buy the STH and follow their rules, you got a totally different crowd in there of seeming crazies rejects who became just as clique-y as the crazies.

I saw you posted this on one of the Devils FB groups as well and you are getting destroyed for it by the YS crowd.

I 100% agree with you but I would never post about it on the FB groups as they are basically filled with the fans you are railing against.

Oh I know this. I post what I post, then Turn Off notifications and forget about it. let the animals eat each other :)

Needing to say you suck for no reason is an automatic sign of lower intelligence, perhaps an IQ that is slightly above room temperature. A person of average intelligence attempting to explain why it's idiotic is like explaining quantum physics to a six year old.

Although perhaps they're intentionally trying to make it even more stupid and embarrassing so the team will just bring back RR2, so that the chant makes slightly more sense. I highly doubt it though.

The reason we can't have nice things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel

I find it funny how the you suck chant now seems to be louder and clearer than when they played the old goal song.

I could care less if people do the chant or not. For better or worse, this chant is part of a devils game experience for the time being. But as everyone knows, things change over time and I truly believe that there will come a time when this chant runs it's course and is replaced by something else (which will likely make this chant appear tame by comparison).

Lol at you.Im all for the chant WHEN THE TEAM IS GOOD. Saying it when getting outplayed by Toronto Pittsburgh and Florida is pathetic. This team is terrible so why chant it? Its stupid.

Do you even sports fans?

Ever hear fans yell at the other teams star players?

'Hey lundqvist you suck'

Actually sir, he's quite good.

What a dumb argument against the you suck.

Do you even sports fans?

Ever hear fans yell at the other teams star players?

'Hey lundqvist you suck'

Actually sir, he's quite good.

What a dumb argument against the you suck.

No, but you would not yell you suck at Lunqvist if the Rangers were winning 5-1, which is what the YS people do. It also makes even less sense to start screaming it at no one in particular a minute or two after a goal is scored.

For the last time, it isn't about vulgarity or anything like that. It's stupid and out of place, and it was never a "tradition."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk