Rumor: Travis Zajac being shopped to Toronto

Biggie B

No way he gets moved, let's be real - but it sure would make me happy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, cause then Stephen Gionta or JJ can center the top line.

Seriously, this team is ripe with complimentary players, Zajac is the absolute least of our problems, but I guess everyone needs their whipping boy.

Edited by jagknife

this is NOT a post to troll... 

But only a reminder for the people who were saying Zach at 7.5 would have been overpaid and that it was good riddance... Even if Zach would have been overpaid by say...2m on the cap.... him making Zajac a legit 5m player would have even things out. 

Zajac is absolutely not a guy who makes others around him better. 

But only a reminder for the people who were saying Zach at 7.5 would have been overpaid and that it was good riddance... Even if Zach would have been overpaid by say...2m on the cap.... him making Zajac a legit 5m player would have even things out. 

Agreed

Who said good riddance? It was more the end of Parise's contract wouldn't be great because of his style but for the time he was still in his prime it'd be a fine cap hit.

Yeah, cause then Stephen Gionta or JJ can center the top line.

Seriously, this team is ripe with complimentary players, Zajac is the absolute least of our problems, but I guess everyone needs their whipping boy.

Zajac is the 30, and is presumably only going to get worse over the coming years. There's very little purpose in keeping him here, in my opinion. He's not a difference maker nor a game changer... he's the only complimentary guy here worth anything to any other team in the league.

If we're going to suck anyway, why keep a deteriorating asset..

My opinion. I've made it clear I'm pro-tank on multiple occasions though.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Let's imagine that the best scenario happens and the Devils pick first overall next year and land Auston Matthews.  Do you want him handling tough assignments against other top lines at age 19?  Or would you rather have a defensive center who can handle those minutes adequately, letting Matthews face fewer defensive responsibilities?

The Devils aren't going to lose Travis Zajac for free, so banish that fantasy from your mind.  As it is, their center depth behind him is comically bad.  But we'll see how much tolerance people have for tanking in February 2017.  I suspect there will be a much different tone about the idea then.

Who said good riddance? It was more the end of Parise's contract wouldn't be great because of his style but for the time he was still in his prime it'd be a fine cap hit.

ohhh we've heard it all. he was a ghost in playoffs, couldnt score 10 feets away from the slot, didn't have a good shot, wasn't fast anymore after his knee injury, not worth 7.5m at all, etc etc 

Kadri's on a short leash in Toronto.  I could see this going down very quickly.

BTW, I DONT want Kadri on this team.  But, given our luck, that's what's gonna happen.

Edited by Mitico12

ohhh we've heard it all. he was a ghost in playoffs, couldnt score 10 feets away from the slot, didn't have a good shot, wasn't fast anymore after his knee injury, not worth 7.5m at all, etc etc 

Some of it was valid, some was just trying to "cope" (for lack of a better word) with his leaving in a sour grapes way. Some of it might be right. Its a long contract he might age like Jagr he might age like Mike Richards.

Some of it was valid, some was just trying to "cope" (for lack of a better word) with his leaving in a sour grapes way. Some of it might be right. Its a long contract he might age like Jagr he might age like Mike Richards.

oh of course and you're 110% right about people trying to make themselves feel better about him leaving. ALL that stuff only came out after he left lol until then he was a cadillac to them haha

oh of course and you're 110% right about people trying to make themselves feel better about him leaving. ALL that stuff only came out after he left lol until then he was a cadillac to them haha

The playoff thing I remember hearing and thinking before he left. Always thought he's a great 2nd best offensive weapon during the playoffs just when he was 1st during his run with NJ the defense keyed in on him well enough.

But this is about Zajac. His contract at this point doesn't hurt the Devils as an over payment so unless the deal is really good I don't see the need to trade him just to get the cap space.

It's three seasons now since parise left. At this point the reasons why he left is irrelevant now. Neither him or the GM who negotiated with him are here. Time to move forward.

no one brought up his contract or wtv. All i said is that sometimes guys are pinned as "overpaid" but sometimes it's worth it if they make other players better. Parise was a good example that we all know about.

When is this thread just going to die?  It was brought up by speculation, retweeted by further speculation and furthermore discounted by the actual player involved that has a NTC.

This just in:  Cory Schneider said he wants out, it wasn't at all about his kid being born, he refuses to play for the Devils.

When is this thread just going to die?  It was brought up by speculation, retweeted by further speculation and furthermore discounted by the actual player involved that has a NTC.

This just in:  Cory Schneider said he wants out, it wasn't at all about his kid being born, he refuses to play for the Devils.

Longest shelf life of anything Rich Chere has ever done. Blowing one thing said about how it could been seen into ZAJAC TO BE TRADED SOON!

When is this thread just going to die? It was brought up by speculation, retweeted by further speculation and furthermore discounted by the actual player involved that has a NTC.

This just in: Cory Schneider said he wants out, it wasn't at all about his kid being born, he refuses to play for the Devils.

I don't think anyone truly thinks he's getting traded.

It's just for discussion, really.

It wasn't the 7.5 million that bothered people as much as it was the 13 years and the 20 million dollar signing bonus. 7.5 a year for parise isn't too bad.

Also I can't believe you're still going on about Zach 3 and a half years later.