Around the League 15-16 Edition

devilsrule33

After watching it a few times, I still have no clue what he is so upset about. Its his own guy who crashed into him

I think he wanted an injury whistle... There are probably better ways of making your point, but hey, at least he didn't pull a Wideman. [emoji14]

2 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

They're such an awfully coached team playing some of the worst hockey they have in a long time, it doesn't surprise me that PK Subban feels the need to take the burden on himself several times a game. I think back to Kovalchuk during the John Maclean year. And when that happens, he opens himself up to a few high profile and disastrous turnovers. And he'd get booed (as our leading scorer; "C'MON KOVYYYYYYY?!?!?!?! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?!?!", ugh...).

At the end of the day, PK's got 50 points and leads the team and is a +7. His "captain" at LW, Pacioretty, has 45 points and is a -12.

The Habs blow. But don't let Canadian fans and media in on that part.

He's been doing that for years now. The only reason he was not on the spotlight that much is cause Price was saving his ass 95% of the time.  On that play last night. he had all kinds of options but decided to make the selfish play and try some triple deke while he was the last guy. King was ALL BY HIMSELF surrounded by 3-4 habs player and he scored 100% because of Subban fvcking up once again. 

And he's getting 3 times the money Pacioretty is getting... is that worth the extra 5 pts really? and almost half of his points (23) are on the PP... he's a Dman getting like 9m a year and an absolute turnover machine, not cause he's playing a lot but cause he makes selfish plays all the time like that one. Coaches have called him out on it so often year after year saying there's night Subban plays for the Habs and there's nights he plays for Subban. Red flag much?

I mean like i said before... how often does a player get call out by his coaches, teammates and all? I mean not saying that guy is a problem and only looking at his points total and his flashy stuff is willingly closing your eyes on the problem. 

Edited by SterioDesign

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I mean like i said before... how often does a player get call out by his coaches, teammates and all? I mean not saying that guy is a problem and only looking at his points total and his flashy stuff is willingly closing your eyes on the problem

The problem is that the team is pretty badly coached, for the players and strengths that they do have. Their over-reliance on Carey Price (not just from PK Subban turnovers) exposed this, and how Therrien remains confidently in that job is a mystery to me. It's clear the Habs rely as much on Carey Price as the Devils rely on Cory Schneider. But the Devils have valid excuses why they're bad. The Habs, honestly, have to start looking at their system and their coaching for why they're bad. Their GM has made decent enough moves to make them a competitive and well-rounded team, they should NOT be out of a playoff spot.

Not enough is being said of the short but sweet season Robin Lehner is having. And I don't think his numbers are the result of luck. 

Only 5 wins in 17 games, but with a 0.931% and 2.33 GAA, and on one of the worst teams and possibly the worst defense in the league, and at the age of 24. 

Have the Sabres found their new #1 goalie for the future?

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Not enough is being said of the short but sweet season Robin Lehner is having. And I don't think his numbers are the result of luck. 

Only 5 wins in 17 games, but with a 0.931% and 2.33 GAA, and on one of the worst teams and possibly the worst defense in the league, and at the age of 24. 

Have the Sabres found their new #1 goalie for the future?

I said at the beginning of the season Lehner would be good for Buffalo.  He's either a bonafide starter or will be within a year or two.  What makes his coming to Buffalo great is that he can mature with the team.  He has to stay healthy, but he's got some talent.  

1 hour ago, DJ Eco said:

The problem is that the team is pretty badly coached, for the players and strengths that they do have. Their over-reliance on Carey Price (not just from PK Subban turnovers) exposed this, and how Therrien remains confidently in that job is a mystery to me. It's clear the Habs rely as much on Carey Price as the Devils rely on Cory Schneider. But the Devils have valid excuses why they're bad. The Habs, honestly, have to start looking at their system and their coaching for why they're bad. Their GM has made decent enough moves to make them a competitive and well-rounded team, they should NOT be out of a playoff spot.

You're right that the coach is not helping "the team" now but Subban was pulling those stunts with every single coach he had. He's been t hrough like...4 in 5 years too so the coach is not really the excuse.

5 hours ago, Toasterleavins said:

That lundqvist video is a perfect example of why I care so little about Blandisi's embellishment. Every team has players that do it, and every team loves to act like they are above it when someone else gets caught. 

Aint nobody got time for dat.

Don't help that refs don't call anything unless a leg is hacked off. Though to be fair here how would the ref know he's not lying because he can't get his stick.

The refs did nothing wrong (sorry Rangers fans everywhere who think the league is out to get them). Henrik shot up and got back in net so quickly and in such a way that would never hint at him being significantly injured. If the pain was really that bad, he should've taken his mask off and waved (and yelled "HEY!!!!!" several times) at the linesman or toward his bench as the Rangers were leaving the zone to get someone's attention, or someone's attention on their bench who could've easily alerted the linesman from where they were.

Even if not immediate, the linesman would've been made aware of it as they turned around during the Penguins' rush back, before they even reached the blue line. Angrily knocking the net off its moorings was handling it in the worst possible way. And the rule is pretty black and white: 2 minute penalty.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think he wanted an injury whistle... There are probably better ways of making your point, but hey, at least he didn't pull a Wideman. [emoji14]

He did. I understand why. But if he really wanted one, he could've just pulled a Holtby and tossed his mask off. As for what Fleury said, whatever. He and the Pens have no room to talk. They're the biggest whiners in the league. Good win tonight at the Caps. Raanta had a real solid game. Did anyone see the odd goal reversal by Toronto? So weird.

22 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

It seems the people of Montreal won't be happy until PK is run out of town. 

well he did ANOTHER horrible turnover today. thats 4 MAJOR turnover that led to a goal in the last 10 days while he was the last man with the puck and decided to make a fancy move instead of simply passing. Thats 110% on him and no one else.

and the worst thing is habs fans are blaming Therrien and no one else. They've been calling for his head for months. Any player doing something dumb its because of him lol i get that he's not a great coach but Subban is simply a turnover machine and he's not learning clearly

edit: another thing about him. I guess Subban has his own brand now. And everytime he goes to talk to the media after games he always go and put on his hat with his brand and the marketing team and the team asked him to wear the canadian logo when he's talking after game or wtv and Subban is not listening at all and keep on putting his brand for all interviews and that's becoming a problem now.

I mean... its mindblowing that people don't believe all the red flags with this guys, its so obvious how selfish he is.

Edited by SterioDesign

7 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I get the feeling you don't like PK Subban. 

I admire the way you read between the lines of our very unbiased friend
It's often so subtle that i dunno how you notice anything 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, moustic said:

I admire the way you read between the lines of our very unbiased friend
It's often so subtle that i dunno how you notice anything 

if PK Subban played on the Rangers or Devils, nobody would ever complain. 

lol are you guys serious? this is unreal. Of course i don't like him and he deserves 110% of the hate. I mean... how many facts about him do you guys need to kind of accept the truth? lol how many other player in the league has that many red flags and incidents? Have you guys LOOK at the last 4 turnovers he did in the last few games? 

If that guy was a Rangers you'd want to see him burn in hell there's absolutely no questions there.

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

How much can the rags sink without Hank between the pipes? They're all but guaranteed a playoff spot at this point but it'd be great to see them limp in and get knocked out early.

This is my wish anytime they get in.....love watching them on the losing end in the handshake line.

• Like 1

Really pisses me off seeing teams who score 4-5 goals lose a game lol.. It's an irrational and unnecessary anger but I do feel it.

If we could just score 3, or even 2 goals most games, we'd finish with like a 60-10-12 record.

Edited by DJ Eco