GDT: Devils vs WOOO!! in "The Battle for Mediocrity" 5PM MSG+

RunninWithTheDevil

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Palmieri gets absolutely mugged from behind, no call.

Someday we'll maybe get acceptable and consistent officiating in this league.

I saw that too.  Thought it was questionable.

Good cycle there by that last line.  At least we're getting pressure.  Time is running out though.  I am guessing we pull Wedgewood with 2 minutes left, maybe 2:30.

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

What do the coaches see in Warsovsky that it seems like he's CONSTANTLY out there? He fvcking blows.

It's honestly not so much that he's doing bad things out there, he's just not doing good things either. He's just toeing the line of "meh," I wish the coaching staff would finally give Lars a shot at some offensive zone time, he's great defensively but he's never gonna realize any offensive potential if he's never given the chance to play in the offensive zone.

• Like 1

What do the coaches see in Warsovsky that it seems like he's CONSTANTLY out there? He fvcking blows.

It's honestly not so much that he's doing bad things out there, he's just not doing good things either. He's just toeing the line of "meh," I wish the coaching staff would finally give Lars a shot at some offensive zone time, he's great defensively but he's never gonna realize any offensive potential if he's never given the chance to play in the offensive zone.

Yep. He does nothing, yet he's on the ice every time I turn around... He's like the new Peter Harrold. [emoji35]

Not mad about this...this team just went 2-0-1 with their Plan D goalie..but this loss has been SO typical of the recent Devils...ANYTIME someone leaves the door that slightest little crack open, the Devils never ever do anything with it.  

Oh well...if anything, hopefully this game ends any talk of "the Devils trying to keep their slim playoff hopes alive."  That's been the one thing that's been hard to take.  

Obviously they started off bad but things went okay in the 2nd and 3rd period.  Every line had some good shifts.  I hadn't seen Pietila, Mozik, or Wedgewood - Wedgewood didn't really impress me, he did make some great saves but he looks pretty uncontrolled.  Pietila has good speed - I could see him as a 4th line guy maybe, if he's got other skills.  Mozik didn't really do anything of note in either direction.  

Sh!t the bed in the first person, looked great in the next two. Three periods like that would have been a win. 

But instead, another loss. Depressing to be so close to nabbing a playoff spot but still sitting on the outside looking in. 

8 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

Here's hoping Wedge can give us the Hamburglar treatment. LGD.

Sorry it didn't happen for ya. Falling 3 goals behind was just too much to overcome. Canes also did a nice job shutting them down the final few minutes. 

4 hours ago, Triumph said:

Obviously they started off bad but things went okay in the 2nd and 3rd period.  Every line had some good shifts.  I hadn't seen Pietila, Mozik, or Wedgewood - Wedgewood didn't really impress me, he did make some great saves but he looks pretty uncontrolled.  Pietila has good speed - I could see him as a 4th line guy maybe, if he's got other skills.  Mozik didn't really do anything of note in either direction.  

I saw Pietila in college. He is a hard worker. And not surprisingly, from what I saw he was one of your best forwards. His highest ceiling is 3rd line and penalty kill.