In Russia NHL returns you. Kovalchuk staying in KHL.

Derlique

Slava Malamud is not that reliable, but he might be the only game in town so far as an English speaking reporter that's tuned into the KHL, which is why brand name reporters in North America are retweeting him.  Yesterday he insinuated he had inside information that the Bruins would give Jack Eichel an offer sheet that Buffalo wouldn't match. 

27 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Slava Malamud is not that reliable, but he might be the only game in town so far as an English speaking reporter that's tuned into the KHL, which is why brand name reporters in North America are retweeting him.  Yesterday he insinuated he had inside information that the Bruins would give Jack Eichel an offer sheet that Buffalo wouldn't match. 

That seems incredibly unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

If we do send Kovy to CBJ I wouldn't mind having Hartnell along with a more valuable player coming back.

I was going to say that Hartnell wouldn't make CBJ sweeten a deal for Kovlachuk, but thinking about it some more, I'm not that sure of that.  He has an NMC, but CBJ just announced they intend to buy him out.  Maybe it's pressure to force him to accept a trade to the Devils. 

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

Your new avatar is fvcking evil.

I was LITERALLY typing out "I have your avatar" when the "show reply" thing appeared at the bottom of the page as you posted lol.

EDIT:  And by have, I mean hate.

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I was going to say that Hartnell wouldn't make CBJ sweeten a deal for Kovlachuk, but thinking about it some more, I'm not that sure of that.  He has an NMC, but CBJ just announced they intend to buy him out.  Maybe it's pressure to force him to accept a trade to the Devils. 

I haven't seen this announcement anywhere yet.  Regardless, assuming CBJ has a player file for arbitration, the Blue Jackets can buy him out during the 2nd buyout window as well.

EDIT - Never mind, they do not have the 2nd buyout window.

Edited by Triumph

20 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I haven't seen this announcement anywhere yet.  Regardless, assuming CBJ has a player file for arbitration, the Blue Jackets can buy him out during the 2nd buyout window as well.

EDIT - Never mind, they do not have the 2nd buyout window.

It's confirmed - Hartnell has been bought out. 

Mark Scheig‏ @markscheig  

#CBJ gets $3.25 million in savings this season with Hartnell's buyout.

ETA: nhl confirmation article: https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets/news/cbj-buy-out-hartnell-june-29/c-290219496?partnerId=cbj-int-com-twi-hartnell0629

Edited by LittleBallofHate

58 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I'm not seeing a ton of room on CBJ for Kovalchuk.  They only have around $10M in cap space after this buyout and they still have to re-sign Josh Anderson and Alex Wennberg.  

They've confirmed themselves that they have interest, so it seems like they would have some plan in mind to make it work.    Plus, per capfriendly, they have closer to $13 million in cap space for this year.  If they needed to, they probably could get the Devils to take Jack Johnson for the last year of his contract, if the Devils were getting a piece they really liked.

5 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Hartnell is still pretty active in the Philadelphia area I think.. Devils would get him real close.

I still can't stand the guy though.

Yeah Hartnell on the Devils would be super weird. I hated him and his stupid hair so much when he was on the Flyers. 

• Like 1

Brooks trying to stir the pot again, and perhaps have something relevant to say when he has no direct sources on anything anymore.  He could come out and just say what's holding things up is that Kovalchuk wants to be traded to the Rangers but the Devils obviously won't do that. 

Brooks has to try and stay relevant somehow.  Has to be feeling the pressure with how the media climate is changing.

I normally don't wish unemployment on anyone (let alone celebrate it) but if it were to be announced that Brooks was laid off... I might throw a little party.

• Like 2

Someone help explain to me, in concrete terms, why Kovy coming back to NJ is not possible?  Does he have a beef against the Devils?  Everyone is talking about his return to CBJ/NYR/or TOR, but not NJ...I'm baffled.