Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

2017 UFA Thread

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

So which schmucks are we going to overpay now to hit the cap floor?

Could always give a hundred million to Kovy, but he wouldn't even take that to be a part of this dumpster fire of an organization.

Why is everyone so surprised? He's a Rags fan and he wanted to go play for them. I never thought he was coming here no matter what we offered so it's kinda pointless to be upset. 

Losing out on Shattenkirk really isn't that big of a deal that everyone is making it out to be.

So, he wants to be with his favorite team, great for him.

Ask Pittsburgh what they think of Shattenkirk, or Caps fans what they really think of him.

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Why is everyone so surprised? He's a Rags fan and he wanted to go play for them. I never thought he was coming here no matter what we offered so it's kinda pointless to be upset. 

Because we were in the running until the very end and he would fill a major need 

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

One thing is for certain, Lou and Conte destroyed the franchise.  Absent a sustained tank job for like three years and more lottery luck, we are not sniffing the playoffs for the next decade. 

Lmao what

Because people like being dramatic.  I'm disappointed they didn't get Shattenkirk but the Rangers got him to sign a sweetheart deal and you can't match that.

• Like 1

Disappointed but I'm falling back on my original feelings of why the fvck bother signing a guy who will be on the wrong side of 30 when we're ready to compete. I'm so excited to watch him implode in New York. So fvcking excited.

If we can't land a hometown Carlson next year, yea, I'll be furious.  This is just going to be another hilarious episode of "The Rangers just got who? And they're still bad?"

John Carlson is on the final year of his contract in Washington... come home to NJ next year pretty please... 

Yeah right. He'll probably sign a one year deal with the Rags for $500,000 because BRIGHT LIGHTS BRAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, Triumph said:

Because people like being dramatic.  I'm disappointed they didn't get Shattenkirk but the Rangers got him to sign a sweetheart deal and you can't match that.

This exactly. It sucks but when a guy isn't looking for the money there isn't much else that can be done

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

Lmao what

sh!tty drafting, I mean really sh!tty drafting since the lock out and sub-useless free agent signings.

Maybe Shero can target Vatanen.

Maybe. Probably not though.

What are you people going to say if Shero turns around and acquires a quality young Dman in a trade?

"no point in getting upset" No sh!t it obviously wont change anything but emotions are emotions and I hate that fvcking team across the river. Every Devils fan should hate it whenever they get better. Not only do they manage to "get better" every year but its not even on merit. It's just because they're in NY. fvck that team. I wouldn't have cared less if he went to any other team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah right. He'll probably sign a one year deal with the Rags for $500,000 because BRIGHT LIGHTS BRAH

He's one local guy that isn't a Ranger fan.  I think the Caps keep him though.  And at that point, even if the Devils signed him it would be like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Chill guys, Shattenkirk may be the best player in this year's FA pool, but he surely isn't the answer to all our problems. We still have too many major holes to fill. If we were running for a Stanley Cup this year and needed a major upgrade in the top four, then yes, he wouldve been great.

• Like 1

Lost out on Shattenkirk, signed 6'7 slow non physical turd Brian Marge is this a pimple or a Boyle. Wrecked our jerseys.

Anything else you want to sh!t on Devils?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Joke's on the Rangers, we have Brian Boyle, bitches. 

Fifteenth best fourth line center in the league.  Now we're rolling.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

sh!tty drafting, I mean really sh!tty drafting since the lock out and sub-useless free agent signings.

The fact that you think we won't make the playoffs for a DECADE because we missed out on a free agent defenseman is..... 

lol it's just lol

1 minute ago, '7' said:

Lost out on Shattenkirk, signed 6'7 slow non physical turd Brian Marge is this a pimple or a Boyle. Wrecked our jerseys.

Anything else you want to sh!t on Devils?

You're forgetting we also traded for a draft bust to be Nico's baby sitter.

He's one local guy that isn't a Ranger fan.  I think the Caps keep him though.  And at that point, even if the Devils signed him it would be like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

He won't even get to free agency, so everyone can stop with the fantasy of signing Carlson. At this point, it feels like we say the same sh!t every summer- 'it's ok, we'll just target X player next year', only for X player to either not make it to FA, or just sign with the Rags for 8 dollars and fifty cents per year over six years because BROADWAY BRAH

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Fifteenth best fourth line center in the league.  Now we're rolling.

Yup. Glad we filled that oh so important 4th line spot.

I know someone was asking, 55.4 million is the cap floor. We are still about 6 million away from it after the Boyle signing. I think we have six more forward spots and one more D spot to fill.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

You're forgetting we also traded for a draft bust to be Nico's baby sitter.

I can not wait to read this thread in a year. How can you live your life being this cynical.

Edited by Martyisth3b3st
  • Like 1