2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

4 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

Scott Stevens uses Brodeur as example. Melrose takes a shot at Brodeur. Stevens looked like the old instincts turned back on and he was about to protect his goalie. His face at 2:21 says it all.

Haters gonna hate. I always liked Merose too, but fvck his dumb little comment. 0 Stanley Cup rings at that table that don’t belong to Stevens. Melrose couldn’t even win one coaching Wayne Gretzky...

7 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Haters gonna hate. I always liked Merose too, but fvck his dumb little comment. 0 Stanley Cup rings at that table that don’t belong to Stevens. Melrose couldn’t even win one coaching Wayne Gretzky...

Melrose is and always has been a douchey, mullet-ed hack. And he SUCKED as a player. Has no business talking hockey.  I don't understand WHY he's an analyst.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Melrose is and always has been a douchey, mullet-ed hack. And he SUCKED as a player. Has no business talking hockey.  I don't understand WHY he's an analyst.

We can thank ESPN for promoting this clown and then everyone going to him for “expert” analysis. He’s as knowledgeable about the game as the average fair weather fan. Yeah take jabs at Marty, you douche, you still suck at pretty much everything you do and you’re on the same level of expertise as Mike Milbury.

oh and you never have nor ever will win a cup

14 hours ago, Neb00rs said:
Scott Stevens uses Brodeur as example. Melrose takes a shot at Brodeur. Stevens looked like the old instincts turned back on and he was about to protect his goalie. His face at 2:21 says it all.

I'm not a big Melrose guy in any way, but I don't consider his comment much of a shot (I was expecting much worse, based on the reactions here)...Stevens didn't look pissed to me at all.  And re:  Brodeur, there's lots of myths that will never go away among some...that Brodeur had it easy, that he only faced 10 shots a game, blah blah blah.  I do think Stevens hit the nail on the head though...I agree that Marty's style of play played a nice role in helping him play in so many games each season, and to last as long as he did. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm not a big Melrose guy in any way, but I don't consider his comment much of a shot (I was expecting much worse, based on the reactions here)...Stevens didn't look pissed to me at all.  And re:  Brodeur, there's lots of myths that will never go away among some...that Brodeur had it easy, that he only faced 10 shots a game, blah blah blah.  I do think Stevens hit the nail on the head though...I agree that Marty's style of play played a nice role in helping him play in so many games each season, and to last as long as he did. 

I'm not a Melrose fan either, but more often than not I remember hearing him saying good things about Brodeur and the Devils.

Edited by NJDevils1214

The only thing that bothers me about  Melrose and "analysts" like him is the constant false narrative that the Devils were this horrible monster that ruined hockey. People who were fans back then knew that a lot of teams played the trap. Newer fans on the other hand probably believe that Marty faced 10 shots a game and that Trevor Kidd would have had the same career in that team. 

Melrose's resume speaks for itself

4 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Man...what a mess up there. 

Karlsson is as good as gone. 

for sure. Owner talking doom and gloom about the finances of his team, no way a superstar like Karlsson is resigning there. I am surprised they're having that much trouble, you would think a Canadian city would be able to sell the place out.

for sure. Owner talking doom and gloom about the finances of his team, no way a superstar like Karlsson is resigning there. I am surprised they're having that much trouble, you would think a Canadian city would be able to sell the place out.

From what I've heard about their attendance woes, the problem lies with Ottawa being a government city, and a lot of the people there aren't from Ottawa and are fans of other teams, primarily the Leafs and Habs. Plus the arena is in the middle of nowhere and has one road in and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

From what I've heard about their attendance woes, the problem lies with Ottawa being a government city, and a lot of the people there aren't from Ottawa and are fans of other teams, primarily the Leafs and Habs. Plus the arena is in the middle of nowhere and has one road in and out.

that makes sense

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

The only thing that bothers me about  Melrose and "analysts" like him is the constant false narrative that the Devils were this horrible monster that ruined hockey. People who were fans back then knew that a lot of teams played the trap. Newer fans on the other hand probably believe that Marty faced 10 shots a game and that Trevor Kidd would have had the same career in that team. 

Melrose's resume speaks for itself

Speaking of that bs, I was pleasantly surprised during the game against the Habs the other night while watching their feed, one of their announcers was talking about how good offensively some of those early 00’s Devs teams were. It was so refreshing. I guess some people were actually watching the games back then, and not just jealously blaming the Devils for “almost ruining hockey.” 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Speaking of that bs, I was pleasantly surprised during the game against the Habs the other night while watching their feed, one of their announcers was talking about how good offensively some of those early 00’s Devs teams were. It was so refreshing. I guess some people were actually watching the games back then, and not just jealously blaming the Devils for “almost ruining hockey.” 

I've heard that one to. I tell people the Devils scored just fine it was the other team that couldn't, so that is their fault. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The Sabres lost in OT last night, Eichel had a hattrick. On the winning goal Eichel was on the ice and just like stood there staring at Johnson like "Come the fvck on man really?" lol.

Wonder if there's any regret there about signing that contract.

I mean, I'm sure he's obviously thrilled to be making the money.. but being locked into Buffalo for the next decade-ish?

Wonder if he demands a trade in a couple years if the Sabres are still an embarrassment. 

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Wonder if there's any regret there about signing that contract.

I mean, I'm sure he's obviously thrilled to be making the money.. but being locked into Buffalo for the next decade-ish?

Wonder if he demands a trade in a couple years if the Sabres are still an embarrassment. 

He seems like the kind of guy that won't stay quiet if he's unhappy. The Sabres should be a couple years into a rebuild, something Eichel should have accelerated. Instead they're pretty much going to be starting back at square one. 

He seems like the kind of guy that won't stay quiet if he's unhappy. The Sabres should be a couple years into a rebuild, something Eichel should have accelerated. Instead they're pretty much going to be starting back at square one. 

If they end up with Dahlin, that could turn it around for them maybe. They're certainly right in the mix lol.

On 10/11/2017 at 10:08 AM, Daniel said:

Goaltending is just curse for the Flyers.  There's no other way to explain it.  Their best goalie since 2000 has to have been Brian Boucher, correct?

For me the last Flyers goalie that might have been truly great was Pelle Lindbergh.  But the curse got him in a big way when he decided to merge his Porsche with a brick wall.  Since Lindbergh the only goalie the Flyers have had that I think has been anything good I see Hextall and he tended to choke from time to time.  Seems to me the Flyers used all their good goalie juju on Bernie Parent.  That worries me.....  how much of the Devils juju was used by Brodeur!?  Yikes! :)

28 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

Not just being bitter because it's against the Devils but how is this the greatest NHL moment? WTF?

https://www.nhl.com/news/mario-lemieux-five-goal-game-is-greatest-nhl-moment/c-294046120?tid=282169076

It's one of the biggest farces in the NHL, since the empty net goal came after the buzzer. The official on the ice knew it and waved his arms slightly. Replay was obvious. But it didn't fit the NHL's agenda of coronating Lemieux. I posted the video a few years ago. I'm sure it's still out there. The league should've corrected the call, that evening or the next day, to preserve their credibility. Instead, they sensationalized it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This looks like it hurt. Warrants a suspension, no?

I hate everything about this. Slashes the guy and hits him out of what seemed like frustration, while Namestnikov was in a vulnerable position.

I wasn't happy with the hit on Palmieri during the home opener this year, and now I like this guy even less.

• Like 2