GDT: Devils vs Pitt - 29 Mar @ 7p Eastern

jagknife

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

Guys. There’s a weak spot in the shoulder-pads near the armpits. Zajac butt-ended him. That happened to me in high school. I had a black and green bruise that lasted three weeks and when it first happened I thought the stick went through my entire body. 

Crosby was not acting. fvck. 

thats exactly what my son said to me, I still think hes a bitch embellisher lol 

i guess a pretty even game.

Top line was great.

Noesen, Zajac, Coleman and Zacha had their moments.

Most other forwards were not particularly great. Boyle looked terrible just about anytime he got on the ice.

Greene was pretty decidedly awful tonight and Vatanen looked like he had no legs.

I actually liked the rest of the D for the most part tonight.

Triumph is exactly right with not loving Meuller on the right side - he was able to play well defensively but there were o-zone chances where a RH D there could have made plays that a LH D can't.

oh - and yeah KK gave up 4 but i think he was pretty good all things considered - don't love goal 3 but pretty sure there was a tip or something in there and he did so much else good tonight that i won't kill him for it. this is one of those where, as usual, he kinda played to the scoreboard.

in the end, tonight was just taking time off the scoreboard in the race to the endgame so I'll take it.

Edited by sundstrom
  • Like 3

Just now, sundstrom said:

i guess a pretty even game.

Top line was great.

Noesen, Zajac, Coleman and Zacha had their moments.

Most other forwards were not particularly great. Boyle looked terrible just about anytime he got on the ice.

Greene was pretty decidedly awful tonight and Vatanen looked like he had no legs.

I actually liked the rest of the D for the most part tonight.

Triumph is exactly right with not loving Meuller on the right side - he was able to play well defensively but there were o-zone chances where a RH D there could have made plays that a LH D can't.

in the end, tonight was just taking time off the scoreboard in the race to the endgame so I'll take it.

THIS

5 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I promise. It is the kind of sharp pain you don’t soon forget. 10 years later I still wince thinking about it. 

There's a similar gap in the goalie chest protector.... it's a bit higher up then the players.   It's not fun when a stick or puck hits there.   

I don't think Crosby was acting on that play... it's painful being hit with a stick there.

50 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

crosby had his bra strap snapped by travis and then went down like a bitch,,.. thank goodness Pierre was in the building, he would have rushed the ice

44 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Guys. There’s a weak spot in the shoulder-pads near the armpits. Zajac butt-ended him. That happened to me in high school. I had a black and green bruise that lasted three weeks and when it first happened I thought the stick went through my entire body. 

Who got the last laugh?

47 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I recall having taken one of those to the side of the neck as a kid, same thing, had what looked like the nastiest hickey you have ever seen for almost a month.

I demolished that kid on my next shift. 

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I’ll get yelled at and stuff by you guys but I just... don’t see the Crosby hatred. I did when he started, the whining was incessant, etc. 

but now? We’re watching a player that our grandkids will talk about in 60 years, man. He’s just incredible. Hearing stories about how he practices, how he trains.... he hit the weight room the DAY AFTER THEY WON THE CUP to begin offseason training. Who does that!?

i want the devils to beat him every single time. But man, I’m done trying to hate on a world class player.

Agree 100% Marty. Are you surprised ;) (after all those arguments we had). You are right man. Sid is a real pro. Like him or not you have to respect that. Tonight's OT winner was a thing of beauty...a mastery goal. 

I guess it's nice to collect a cushion point, but I was seriously interested in the season sweep of two of the best teams in the East. Especially after Crosby pulled that punk ass sh!t with Zajac. Oh well, see them in the playoffs (I hope) 

IMG_9165 (1).jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

So Boston is the top seed now, and I believe they'll keep it. If we make it we are most likely playing the team that has had our number for quite a while. On the other hand, ironically we need them to beat Florida. Oh well...Let's go Devils. 

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I mean don’t get me wrong there are a TON of players I hate on the penguins. But Crosby isn’t one of them.

I really don't get this lol...I get not hating Crosby I suppose but who the heck else can you hate on the Pens and why?  They don't even have Brooks Orpik anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I really don't get this lol...I get not hating Crosby I suppose but who the heck else can you hate on the Pens and why?  They don't even have Brooks Orpik anymore.

Interesting question. I don't know about Marty, but I hate/respect their ability as a team to get hot at the right time. 2 cups in a row speak to it. Speaking of players, years ago I really hated Matt Cooke, Marchand's brother. 

• Like 1

The Devils were not sharp tonight - I'd say only Hischier really had it going tonight, everyone else seemed slightly off their game.  That said, walking out of a game with Pittsburgh with a single point given the fact that guys were flubbing passes and falling down all night - I will gladly take it, even as disappointing as the end was.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Devs64 said:

So Boston is the top seed now, and I believe they'll keep it. If we make it we are most likely playing the team that has had our number for quite a while. On the other hand, ironically we need them to beat Florida. Oh well...Let's go Devils. 

I don’t care who we have to play. Just get into the playoffs. 

• Like 4