GDT: Devils @ Capitals, 4/7/18, 7:00pm

mfitz804

If we win this game, we'll have the longest win streak going into the postseason (tied with WPG if they win their last game too). Although seeded low, we'll be one of the hottest teams in the league, while having faced some of the league's best teams in the last month. That really says a lot about what this team can do in the postseason. It reminds me a bit of the 2012 team, with how they really found their groove at the end of the season. A win vs. the Caps will have us feeling great as we enter the first round. LGD!

• Like 1

Please nobody get hurt. Still remember the Andreychuk nightmare of 97 and Sykora's bad injury in 2002 where he could barely skate. I wouldn't even have Kinkaid make the trip just have him rest in Jersey. Start Appleby or Schneider who cares.

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, '7' said:

Please nobody get hurt. Still remember the Andreychuk nightmare of 97 and Sykora's bad injury in 2002 where he could barely skate. I wouldn't even have Kinkaid make the trip just have him rest in Jersey. Start Appleby or Schneider who cares.

I wouldn't make KK stay home but I would play Cory. 

Not that playing at home is as big a deal in hockey as it is in basketball or football, but if the Devils still have a chance at the #2 division record and home ice advantage in the 1st round, I think the Devils have to play Kinkaid against the Caps in the regular season finale.

Related to the above, Pittsburgh plays their last regular season game tonight (Friday 4/6), so we’ll know if the Devils have a shot at the #2 division spot at the beginning of Saturday’s game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that playing at home is as big a deal in hockey as it is in basketball or football, but if the Devils still have a chance at the #2 division record and home ice advantage in the 1st round, I think the Devils have to play Kinkaid against the Caps in the regular season finale.

Related to the above, Pittsburgh plays their last regular season game tonight (Friday 4/6), so we’ll know if the Devils have a shot at the #2 division spot at the beginning of Saturday’s game.

I agree on this, but there is no way in hell Pittsburgh is losing at home to a Karlsson-less Ottawa team with home ice on the line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I agree on this, but there is no way in hell Pittsburgh is losing at home to a Karlsson-less Ottawa team with home ice on the line.

Bingo. The Senators players will be booking their tee times from their smartphones on the bench during the game. That owner just sucked the life out of that franchise.

• Like 1

Bingo. The Senators players will be booking their tee times from their smartphones on the bench during the game. That owner just sucked the life out of that franchise.

It’ll be over early. I’d be shocked if the Pens didn’t score three or four in the first period and then just cruised.

They all have earned the day off.  We will see what these others can do.  These reserves may yet be needed as the playoffs continue.  Do we know the line combinations yet?

Edited by aclc79

Fine with this.  This team and Hynes have earned the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 3

Of course it’s good to rest them; but with Washington playing all of their key players besides Oshie we’re looking at a guaranteed loss. Which means we’ll face either Tampa or Boston in the first round.... god I hope it’s not Boston.
honestly, the thing that sucks the most is this really hurts hall’s Hart chances. I think a Giroux may be the front runner now....... ew

The Caps have absolutely nothing to gain, so not resting players is stupid. I’d rest everyone.

38 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I... disagree with this post completely. If we won there’s a good chance we face Pittsburgh, a team we’ve beaten a few times this season and match up well with.

theres a big difference between playing Pitt and playing Boston, a team who would almost certainly sweep us.

This was my mentality coming into this thread but @Colorado Rockies 1976 makes a good point, I'm just going to give Hynes the benefit of the doubt, he's earned it.

yeah its not about him its about what's best for the team.

wow we're icing a terrible team tnight haha

Bratt - Hischier - Stafford

Gibbons - Coleman - Noesen 

Wood - Zacha - Maroon

Grabner - Boyle - Hayes

Greene - Mueller

Moore - Severson

Butcher - Lovejoy

Schneider