Behind the Glass- Devils Training Camp: NHL Network

Nicomo

9 hours ago, sundstrom said:

Episode 2 was miles ahead better. 

PS - what is the Hat that Cory (and in this episode) that Boyle wear off the ice? What is that company?

Might be custom by the players themselves. Previously only Cory had been wearing it, this episode showed Boyle and later Wood wearing it. The back of it has "BROTHERHOOD" stitched, which is why I think it's something internal. I really like the logo though, hope we can find out.

This guy really loves NJ and playing for our fans. Almost every interview he finds ways to show the state and fans some love.

https://www.nhl.com/devils/video/behind-the-glass-perks-of-nj/t-277437418/c-61492503

https://www.nhl.com/devils/video/behind-the-glass-nj-lifestyle/t-277437418/c-61490903

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, lucifer91 said:

Do you think the whole perks of nj and jersey lifestyle was kind of intentional, maybe Hall was told to talk about this to help with UFA's? (Panarin would be amazing, and is rumored to want to go to NY).

Certainly possible, but Hall doesn't hit me as the kind of guy to say things because he is told to.

2 hours ago, lucifer91 said:

Do you think the whole perks of nj and jersey lifestyle was kind of intentional, maybe Hall was told to talk about this to help with UFA's? (Panarin would be amazing, and is rumored to want to go to NY).

I bet Tavares said a ton of great stuff about the Islanders while he was there too. He said all of the following in an interview January this year. 

“I hope to stay in Long Island”

“There’s a lot of positive things going forward with the organization and the team here. I haven’t thought about being anywhere else but with the Islanders.”

And in April, about Barzal:

“There’s a lot of excitement in our group for him. Especially a guy with his talent and his drive to be successful, I’m excited to finish the season with him and looking forward to the future.”

And in July: "Fvck the Islanders". Ok I made that part up. 

None of it means anything until pen is put to paper. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

What mfitz said. I love hearing the things he's saying, but it's gonna come down to Ray giving him the cash (which I have no doubt he will)

Unfortunately, it might come down to even more than that. We can give the extra year, but there's teams that are Cup-ready that wouldn't mind giving him 7. 

I trust that everything possible will be done to keep him, if he leaves it will be because he wanted to regardless of whatever we could do for him. 

Got to watch Episode 2 tonight. I didn’t like watching the guys getting cut/reassigned. 

I almost cried (again) watching the highlight of Boyle coming back to score his first goal after joining the team following his diagnosis. 

Its pretty cool to see all of this stuff from the other side. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

You really do feel for the guys as they're getting cut - I mean it's more or less that they're being kinda sorta being told they've been laid off.

Smith looked pissed - I wouldn't have minded him getting the 9 games to be honest.

He did look pissed. And that’s an18 year old that nobody really expected to make the team. 

I’d have liked to see him for 9 as well. I still think he’s kind of small for a defenseman and he needs to bulk up, not sure if he could compete at the NHL level. But it would have been nice to get an extended look. 

Gabriel looked pissed too. I liked that they basically told him “It’s not because you acted like a complete a$$ in the Islanders game”.

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 9:43 AM, DJ Eco said:

Might be custom by the players themselves. Previously only Cory had been wearing it, this episode showed Boyle and later Wood wearing it. The back of it has "BROTHERHOOD" stitched, which is why I think it's something internal. I really like the logo though, hope we can find out.

I found it (well, my Rep @ the Devils found it for me): https://shop.coreycgriffinfoundation.org/products/baseball-hat-trucker-soft-mesh-sideline-cap-navy-natural

Finally saw the first two episodes, very entertaining...very cool to have this kind of access to the Devils. 

Yeah Smith looked PISSED...it really is amazing to actually witness these kinds of moments like we're in the room with them.  Obviously everyone is different, but you wonder how many guys like Smith have trouble dialing it in at first, because they're so disappointed that they came so close to making the team.  So close that you can actually taste it, but then it's back to juniors (BTW Smith has racked up seven assists through 4 Spokane games). 

Gabriel's on-ice audio was painfully clownish and amateur...I could see somebody knocking him the fvck out just to shut him up.  And 95% of his teammates applauding.  Almost like when the Mets' Gregg Jefferies got into a fight with former Met teammate and then-Phillie Roger McDowell after the last out of the season...the Phillie manager said something along the lines of "We had thirty guys on our side rooting for Roger, and twenty guys on their side rooting for Roger." 

• Like 1