GDT: Rags @ Devils (Finally) - 31 Jan @ 7pm Eastern

jagknife

If I wasn't headed to Florida that day, I would've been at that game for sure.  My daughter badly wants to go to a Devils - Rangers game...she knows how much I despise them, every last thing about them.

fvck those Blowshirts!

LGMFD!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I want Blackwood in net, Hall back from his missing leg or whatever happened, and I want to put a touchdown on the board against these clowns. And then go for 2. 

I feel a slow clap coming on...

(as in not chlamydia)

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Haha 4

The NHL schedule is beyond moronic. It's January 30th and we're playing the Rags for the 1st time? The NHL should've never listened to those crybaby teams that complained about their travel relative to other franchises. This is a terrible schedule for building and maintaining rivalries

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

The NHL schedule is beyond moronic. It's January 30th and we're playing the Rags for the 1st time? The NHL should've never listened to those crybaby teams that complained about their travel relative to other franchises. This is a terrible schedule for building and maintaining rivalries

Agreed. There’s no way we should be playing our first game of the season against the Rags on January 31.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I had a dream last night we beat the Rangers 9-0.

Hall was playing in that dream, so there's that as well.....

How many did he score??

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Agreed. There’s no way we should be playing our first game of the season against the Rags on January 31.

Yeah its pretty ridiculous. Of course, if we had a good first half and had all those games remaining against a crap opponent, we'd be singing a different tune, now wouldn't we. 

13 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Not really understanding why in the past month it's become the "it" thing to hate on Kinkaid.  Why?  We always knew he was a just backup who had a solid run when Cory was out and he would go back to mediocrity.  That's what happens when you have no fvcking D-men worth anything.

He's a despicable and petty human being who gets worshipped by a very vocal group of supporters who only love him because they hate Schneider.

That's why.  fvck him and get back to me when his own players score on him 3 times in a single game.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Not really understanding why in the past month it's become the "it" thing to hate on Kinkaid.  Why?  We always knew he was a just backup who had a solid run when Cory was out and he would go back to mediocrity.  That's what happens when you have no fvcking D-men worth anything.

I don't hate him, I think he's a tremendous goofball and he's played like crap lately. Would I rather see Blackwood and see what he's got at the NHL level? Yes I would. Do I hate him? Nah. I'd even consider getting his jersey just based on his likability and Chipotle stuff, if he was going to be back next year, which I do not foresee. 

5 hours ago, '7' said:

Thats what the first two rounds of the playoffs are for, according to Bettman, forgetting that over half of a division can get left out of the post season dance.

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

As DevsMan said, he's 1/2 of the most polarizing part of our team and he's beyond worshiped by very vocal people.

I also hate his pettiness and that's why I counter him with being just as petty.

Sure, he likes to have fun and be a goof, but he is absolutely low hanging fruit to bear the brunt of the scorn. Plus when you get out played by a guy who started the year in the ECHL and you regress as badly as he did, it wont go without some blowback.

I also don't think many were expecting the fall back to earth to be as dramatic as it was. I expected a slow decline but an improvement of what he was due to his success last season. The playoffs it seems, however, gave us a more clear indication of it was simply a long stretch of overachieving.

I'm also on the fence about the whole defense thing. Like they weren't this atrocious last year and our big loss as Moore, which should have hurt the offensive side of the defense more than anything. But it seems as though, with a one or two exceptions, our defense took a collective sh!t this year. I wont start beating my usual dead horse when it comes to the back end, I just look forward to it being addressed over the summer.

• Like 2

Despite the heated rivalries we fans help play out within the confines of sport, it's generally important that we all continually recognize that it's just a game, and that we don't really wish bad upon anyone. Except the Rangers. I hope MSG caves in. No matter how abysmal or great the Devils record, no matter the season, no matter the zenith of fortune or depths of despair one might find themselves in, no matter the decade, millennium, or eon, though the facts of reality might waver, one truth shall always persist through the course of time: the Rangers, unequivocally and immutably, suck.

I hope the Devils get a top draft pick this year, but tomorrow night I hope we steamroll those fvcks 10-0.

• Like 5