Hughes or Kakko

Jerzey

Hughes or Kakko?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Shero pick?

10 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

So Sweden wins the Gold Medal in OT.

GOOD.  

There was no Gimmick to decide it but instead it was the TEAM that did so.   

The next step after a shootout to make the result even less related to playing hockey is to base the outcome of the game on when Mrs. Fields, Auntie Anne’s or Rita’s Custard wins the race. 

Winning team also gets a dessert voucher. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Kind of an update:  @DarrenDreger 

Strong indication Jack Hughes will be reporting to the US men’s team next week. Jack’s older brother Quinn is already on a strong American roster.

ETA: This would really make the Worlds fun to watch - must see hockey - playoffs schmayoffs.

Edited by LittleBallofHate
  • Like 2

This should put a smile on everyone's face :

Awww...Poor Kaako was left scoreless.  :D

BTW, can't wait to see how Bratt plays alongside Hughes.     

Oh...did you notice this that Jesper is wearing his NJ Devils Mitts/Gloves?     Nice Touch, Unicorn.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Like 3

On 4/28/2019 at 2:29 PM, moustic said:

(the kid has to really learn everything about here) 

Oh wait...YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT ME?    :o

Unbelievable that it took a day and 200 years for me to realize this.  :doh1:

Edited by glenwo2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

As far as the draft goes - I'm surprised Hughes agreed to go.  He's clearly the #1 right now, and a bad tourney could change that.

From a hockey development perspective - happy he's going and getting the experience.

As long as he doesn't get hurt. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

As far as the draft goes - I'm surprised Hughes agreed to go.  He's clearly the #1 right now, and a bad tourney could change that.

I hate to say it, but maybe he's not sold on New Jersey and doesn't care if he falls to #2. Not that they are any better than we are really, but the perception is that its a better place to be. 

So if he kills it and stays #1, great. If he totally flops, we pick Kakko and then the Rangers take him, he'll probably be equally as happy. 

Of course, I must counteract the things I have said above by adding fvck the Rangers and I hope whoever they pick fails miserably. 

• Angry 1

I can't envision any scenario where Hughes has a terrible enough showing at the tourney to make him fall to #2.  I thought there was a decent chance we took Kakko over the past few weeks, but seeing how he just ended his last tournament, I think it's pretty much cemented that we're going to take him now.  And I'm fully on board with it.  I want Hughes pretty badly now, and I'll be upset if we don't take him.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I hate to say it, but maybe he's not sold on New Jersey and doesn't care if he falls to #2. Not that they are any better than we are really, but the perception is that its a better place to be. 

So if he kills it and stays #1, great. If he totally flops, we pick Kakko and then the Rangers take him, he'll probably be equally as happy. 

Of course, I must counteract the things I have said above by adding fvck the Rangers and I hope whoever they pick fails miserably. 

I'm still holding out hope that the Rangers are going to stick with their Russian thing and take that kid instead. And then he stays in Russia. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Hughes is on the US roster for the World Championships. We get a nice comparison with Kakko. 

Team GB is going to be in for a rough, rough ride. 

Just looked at roster I only see Quinn Hughes #43 his brother. Has roster been updated to include Jack? Never mind I see he has been added. They didn't update roster

Edited by Rock
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

From a hockey development perspective - happy he's going and getting the experience.

After what he accomplished, it won't.   

It's over.

Hughes will be a NJ Devil. 

You can put that in the newspaper...take it to the bank....whatever.

54 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Did you forget that he and Hall skate together during the summer?  :thumbsup:

How much you want to bet that Hall told Hughes how nice New Jersey is to live in?  :uni:

Relax, fitz.    All will be as we expect come Draft Night :   Hughes will be the #1 pick and everyone else afterward can go wherever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

That would never happen. You know these kids are ultra competitive & I'm 100% he wants to go #1 overall. 

Having said that, if Vancouver had the #2 pick, maybe he wouldn't care quite so much lol. But us or NYR? He'd rather go first overall.

• Like 2

Annoying how stupid NY sports media are. All of a sudden they think they’re hockey experts and think Kakko is on par with Hughes lol. Steve Somers just gave some Devils fan sh!t by asking who scored in game 7 of the world juniors. Yes, game 7...completely hockey illiterate these people are. The average Devils fan knows 100x more hockey than the typical rag fan.

so just for sh!ts and giggles... what would need to happen in this tournament for you guys to switch to Kakko. Cause even if i'm team Hughes... we have to remember Kakko has been playing against men all year. So it would be the first time where they play against the same competition for a perfect comparison.

And of course im just asking prior cause you know... in sports fans can very quickly switch their mindset depending on various situations

Like Parise and Kovy were truly praised here... up until they left then suddenly they were never that good and we were better off without them

or potential free agent players that would be a great fit and he's great.... until they signs with someone else then they sucks and they are just overpaid

And let's be honest, if we'd have the 2nd pick... most of us would likely do the exact same thing and pump Kakko's tires and find ways to say Hughes isn't that much of a big deal lol 

• Like 1

Kakko would have to have a hat trick every single game lol

I want Hughes 100% and I don’t really care if Kakko is more NHL ready right now. No way in hell do I want the Devils to pass on the most hyped player since McDavid based off one tournament. 

• Like 4