Hughes or Kakko

Jerzey

Hughes or Kakko?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Shero pick?

On 6/19/2019 at 2:45 AM, moustic said:

I live in Paris... You all suck! : ) 

Ah, yes. The city Celine described as mostly "sh1t and misery".

I'm just messing with you, I was in Paris once 9 or 10 years ago and it was a fine city. I also know that book was published almost 90 years ago.

Edited by thecoffeecake

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Kevin Rooney for Quinn Hughes. The trade is one for one. 🤣

I actually meant if he’s trying to get a job with another organization...

No way Shero would ever hire that clown though. 

On 5/29/2019 at 5:19 PM, glenwo2 said:

Uhh...you do remember who was on the other side, right?    

Patrick Friggin' Roy.  

He was under siege for a good time during the games by NJ.      He just stood on his head. 

It's not like Martin Jones was on the other end and everyone is like "Oh my god!  Marty was brutal in losing to a team with Martin Jones in net!". 

Patrick Roy beat Martin Brodeur.     HOF'er beats HOF'er.      

All one can do is shrug his or her shoulders and move on. 

Brodeur was bad those finals. A lot of goalies, not just Roy, would've outplayed him. That Devils team was so good it almost carried Brodeur to a Stanley Cup. Brodeur wasn't good the entire run. .897 save percentage

A big night tonight for the organ-eye-zation but tomorrow (or what we do with tomorrows picks) is the make or break day IMO.    Whether we move some of the picks tonight to get more immediate help or just make all our 2nd and 3rd round selections, I think the quality of those picks/trades is going to have as much bearing on our future as anything we do tonight short of passing on both Kakko and Hughes.     

Also, take Jack Hughes.  That is all.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Must be nice to be absolutely terrible at your job numerous different times and places and yet somehow manage to find a new job afterwards every time. What a joke. 

Maybe the thought is to bring him in so they can ask him what he would do in any given situation and they can turn around and do the opposite.    

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Maybe the thought is to bring him in so they can ask him what he would do in any given situation and they can turn around and do the opposite.    

Sound strategy. It did get George Costanza a job with the Yankees. 

20 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

We had Conte here for 20+ years and never thought of that! Had we done so, the team would have had an All-Star roster. 

9 hours ago, '7' said:

Brodeur was bad those finals. A lot of goalies, not just Roy, would've outplayed him. That Devils team was so good it almost carried Brodeur to a Stanley Cup. Brodeur wasn't good the entire run. .897 save percentage

More accurately, he was up-and-down. 

First 6 playoff games:  .930

Next 5 games:  .858

Next 7 games:  .929

SCF:  .870

But I definitely didn't have a lot of confidence in him at that time...his 2000-01 season was really not that good all-around. 

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

A big night tonight for the organ-eye-zation but tomorrow (or what we do with tomorrows picks) is the make or break day IMO.    Whether we move some of the picks tonight to get more immediate help or just make all our 2nd and 3rd round selections, I think the quality of those picks/trades is going to have as much bearing on our future as anything we do tonight short of passing on both Kakko and Hughes.     

Also, take Jack Hughes.  That is all.   

Yeah, anything but this is going to feel wrong. 

38 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Must be nice to be absolutely terrible at your job numerous different times and places and yet somehow manage to find a new job afterwards every time. What a joke. 

Seriously. He's like the weatherman of hockey executives. Get it wrong and they still ask you to do it again tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Anyone nervous for tonight?  Trying to look for any last minute hints wherever you can as to what direction the Devs are going?  Are you going to be productive at work today or just reading this board until about 8 pm?  Does everyone get their most up to date news from TSN.ca or do you search elsewhere?

2 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Anyone nervous for tonight?  Trying to look for any last minute hints wherever you can as to what direction the Devs are going?  Are you going to be productive at work today or just reading this board until about 8 pm?  Does everyone get their most up to date news from TSN.ca or do you search elsewhere?

i am not nervous because I don't see any way it goes wrong. 

It's Friday and the first day of summer, I have no plans of being productive. 

I usually get my news by coming here and watching everything that all you guys post from various sources. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

i am not nervous because I don't see any way it goes wrong. 

It's Friday and the first day of summer, I have no plans of being productive. 

I usually get my news by coming here and watching everything that all you guys post from various sources. 

I forgot today was the first day of summer.  Now I don't want to be productive either, but I am taking an insurance license test at 5pm (I've passed it years ago, but it expired), so I kinda have to be. Damnit.  

Needless to say, hopefully I have good news circa 7pm, and even more good news about an hour later.

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

This is what we like to call the ol' boys' club, where the laws of physics are suspended, and you can only fall upward. It's why Mike Milbury has a job, and it's why Chiarelli will always have one as well.

Edited by DJ Eco
  • Like 1

I'm sure tix are probably still available, but in any case, if anyone needs a ticket to the draft party at The Rock tonight, let me know. A couple friends bailed, so I'm probably going solo, if anyone wants one of my other 3 tix. Might be down to meet up for a drink if people from NJDevs are meeting up in any capacity.

13 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

I'm sure tix are probably still available, but in any case, if anyone needs a ticket to the draft party at The Rock tonight, let me know. A couple friends bailed, so I'm probably going solo, if anyone wants one of my other 3 tix. Might be down to meet up for a drink if people from NJDevs are meeting up in any capacity.

I have another 4 in addition to his 3. Plenty of spots if people are around. 

Weather is supposed to clear up by then, too.