2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

So Hall scores the Yotes’ first goal last night, and his team takes a 2-0 lead into the third...at which point they proceed to give up four straight unanswered goals en route to a 4-2 loss and a 2-4-0 record since acquiring him.  Taylor’s probably starting to feel like he never left...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So Hall scores the Yotes’ first goal last night, and his team takes a 2-0 lead into the third...at which point they proceed to give up four straight unanswered goals en route to a 4-2 loss and a 2-4-0 record since acquiring him.  Taylor’s probably starting to feel like he never left...

Lots of teams around that playoff line too. They are easily gonna miss the playoffs if they keep this up. 

• Like 1

Manson for the Ducks just accidentally poked the puck into his own net against Vegas. The ref was in amazing position to see it was loose the entire time that everyone thought Gibson had it, including Alex Tuck who was right there, and even he gave up on the play until the crowd celebrated and the goal horn went off

it was... something lol

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Manson for the Ducks just accidentally poked the puck into his own net against Vegas. The ref was in amazing position to see it was loose the entire time that everyone thought Gibson had it, including Alex Tuck who was right there, and even he gave up on the play until the crowd celebrated and the goal horn went off

it was... something lol

Hahaha what a loser! Who does that in an overti...

...never mind. 

19 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

Rags almost came back from 6 goals down. Luckily Edmonton is just good enough to not let that happen

Bread man with 55 points already. Our top 2 scorers combined don’t even have that many. He might finally be a FA signing that actually works out for them. Ugh.

At least Hughes has more points than Kakko atm. :P

With all the New Years memes out there, one thing I found funny is that on our board, on mobile at least, it says Dec 31, 2019, instead of “yesterday.” Gave me a chuckle.

anyways, back to hockey...

Winter Classic is today. I know a few people who made the drive there.

5 minutes ago, jagknife said:

With all the New Years memes out there, one thing I found funny is that on our board, on mobile at least, it says Dec 31, 2019, instead of “yesterday.” Gave me a chuckle.

anyways, back to hockey...

Winter Classic is today. I know a few people who made the drive there.

My brother-in-law is a big Preds fan, and they went to Dallas for the game. He actually just texted my wife a picture of the Cup, which apparently is in attendance lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm probably in the minority here but I hope the Devils never play in another outdoor game. It's the only way I would ever go to another one and I really didn't care for the experience the last time(not having anything to do with the score) The 90 minute delay definitely didn't help. 

Nor did the complete ass kicking we received. 

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t know what’s better, that it’s less than 3 minutes in, or that he had to walk a half mile to get to the locker room. 

The video wasn’t even long enough to get the whole walk in, heh heh. 

Even Lewis and Clark gotta be thinking “Goddamn...”

8 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm probably in the minority here but I hope the Devils never play in another outdoor game. It's the only way I would ever go to another one and I really didn't care for the experience the last time(not having anything to do with the score) The 90 minute delay definitely didn't help. 

It took years to get over that nightmare experience,  even ninja jagr couldn't relieve the pain

Edited by EdgeControl

1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

Not sure if there's any truth to this but a co-worker sent me a link:

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2020/01/nhltr-pk-subban-wants-out-of-new-jersey.html

My brother sent that to me yesterday, I told him that that site comes up with the craziest rumors, most of which are usually unfounded.  Prior to Hall being dealt, they literally had 3 or 4 different posts about where he was supposed to be headed.  I think they just want eyeballs and attention.  Plus, some people find it a ton of fun to speculate.  I don't mind it to a degree, but constantly changing your mind about trades that are going to happen makes you lose credibility, and eventually it just gets a little old debating and coming up with all the possible theories and hypotheticals. 

I should write for that website.  I can come up with crazy crap too.

"Jack Hughes hates Newark and thinks NJ is the armpit of America!  He has requested a trade and Tampa or Toronto is most likely destinations."

"Miles Wood got into a fistfight with Wayne Simmonds.  Wayne has requested a trade out of NJ due to its "toxic environment."  Is Ottawa the best fit for Wayne?"

"Was Kevin Clark caught berating players while they were sitting in the penalty box?"

• Haha 2