Fire Hynes

Daniel

I think this is more an indictment against the assistants than against Hynes. If they didn't believe Hynes could do it they'd have fired him-- If they haven't but sent a babysitter he's there to see wtf they're doing wrong. Everyone knows the team is doing badly in a lot of areas, but defense and special teams are really what is killing them and that is run by the assistants. 

EDIT: Actually, after reflection, it is an indictment against all of them. 

Edited by NJDevils1214

41 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Like mfitz said, thanks for the mention.

It's a fun hobby, but one that I realized some time ago is more of a "solitary" kind of venture, and very much a niche kind of thing.  Most people have zero interest, or a "That's cool", very passing interest at best.  It's not everyone's bag and I fully get that...but at the same time, I'm not one to yuck other people's yums...it doesn't bother me when people knock jersey-collecting (so be it), but I never really understand why someone who isn't into any particular thing then decides he's going to knock those who ARE into a particular thing.  We all have our "things" that seem great to us and not so great to others.  My mother-in-law (who is a good person and does mean well most of the time) is one of those types that if she doesn't find something fun or interesting, then it's kinda dumb...yeah, there are times that I've had to do some silent counting to 10 in my head in her presence, when it comes to certain topics (like my cave and general enjoyment of sporting events). 

What's funny is that you often see squabbling within parties that actually do share a particular niche interest.  DM84 can tell you about the crap that goes on within the jersey-collecting community (I'm not really "in" that group at all...outside of some chats with DM84, mfitz and occasionally others on here, for me it's strictly a solo activity).  Some people collect jerseys to do shows and displays...I wear mine to games, for no other reason than I like to...it's part of the whole ritual for me, a big chunk of the fun...but I'm sure if I ever told a large swath of the collector crowd that I actually WEAR my GIs and GWs, they'd lose their "collective" sh!t over it.  Oh well. 

lol some of the stuff that goes on in the jersey collecting groups and forums on social media makes Roman gladiator combat look relatively tame.

I don't collect cars and have little to zero interest in the world of cars, but I am not going to piss in anyone's cheerios that do.  When someone tells me how many horses their car engine has I often have a blank look on my face but I appreciate their enthusiasm as well as the craftsmanship of the vehicle.

Also, for any that are interested, I did make a IG of my game worn jersey collection.  I am still adding to it so it is still a work in progress.  Handle is njd_gameworn

1 minute ago, Guadana said:

That's fake.  Was already posted on here once. 

25 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

I’m down to lose whatever games we need to fire this chicken head and at the same time lose for a high pick in the draft as it’s pretty loaded with Austin Matthews and Patrick Kane like players 

We literally just got a player that everyone was/is comparing to Patrick Kane.  As great as another high pick would be, we don't need one badly enough to sacrifice and sit through another miserable losing season. This team already has a lot of talent.  The back-end may be lacking a bit, but even they aren't as bad as the numbers have suggested so far.  It is coaching.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

We literally just got a player that everyone was/is comparing to Patrick Kane.  As great as another high pick would be, we don't need one badly enough to sacrifice and sit through another miserable losing season. This team already has a lot of talent.  The back-end may be lacking a bit, but even they aren't as bad as the numbers have suggested so far.  It is coaching.  

This, and I also don't understand the logic of wanting to lose to fire the coach. Isn't the goal to win no matter who is coaching? If they're winning you won't want to fire him... Cause they're winning. So just win lol. 

EDIT : Not to mention we're only 6 games in and people are already writing off the entire season and looking at the draft. Like bruh, up to like December last year Buffalo lead the league, they ended up not even making the playoffs. 

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I want our entire top 6 to be loaded with Patrick Kane type talent.

31 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This, and I also don't understand the logic of wanting to lose to fire the coach. Isn't the goal to win no matter who is coaching? If they're winning you won't want to fire him... Cause they're winning. So just win lol. 

EDIT : Not to mention we're only 6 games in and people are already writing off the entire season and looking at the draft. Like bruh, up to like December last year Buffalo lead the league, they ended up not even making the playoffs. 

Just listened to Fitzgerald interview and you can tell he knows what he’s talking about unlike Hynes he has the same donkey answers every interview and looks lost. So yes lose wtv you need to In order to get rid of him once and for all

Edited by Devils01

20 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Fitzgerald saying in his interview "Right now we are trying to find solutions from within to right this ship"  I think confirms what we are all thinking, Hynes is on borrowed time. 

When one of your bosses comes down to the bench to oversee, that’s exactly what it means.