Fire Hynes

Daniel

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

How many points in the standings this year has our prospect pool gotten us?  And how many points in the standings is it getting us next year, in two years, three years?  Not very much, especially if you look at how terrible a team Bingo is with that wonderful prospect pool you speak of.   And how much of that prospect pool had anything to do with Ray Shero's genius anyway.  If the goal is to lose a lot of games and use the draft, just teach one of the homeless guys outside of the arena to trade guys on expiring contracts at the deadline and just show up at the draft with one of those draft guides and make some picks.  Josh Harris can get the same results and afford another ivory back scratcher.

Ray Shero shows no sign that he is even close to building a team that will sustainably win and he has shown that he will employ an incompetent coach based on friendship.  He should be on an extremely extremely short leash.

See... this is amazing thing with you... you'll cherry pick arguments any way you can just to be negative lol

you want the coach fired cause as you've been suggesting, he's 100% responsible for the team and all the players playing like sh!t... so it means you think the team should do better than they are in term of results.

But then... you sh!t on Shero for not being able to build a winning team... so then is it the coach or its the team?

Or are you just over the top negative  just for the sake of being negative? <--- that's not really a question cause everyone here knows that this is your thing

Edited by SterioDesign

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

See... this is amazing thing with you... you'll cherry pick arguments any way you can just to be negative lol

you want the coach fired cause as you've been suggesting, he's 100% responsible for the team and all the players playing like sh&#33;t... so it means you think the team should do better than they are in term of results.

But then... you sh&#33;t on Shero for not being able to build a winning team... so then is it the coach or its the team?

Or are you just over the top negative  just for the sake of being negative? <--- that's not really a question cause everyone here knows that this is your thing

I don't think you know what cherry picking is.

I have said very clearly since the opening night debacle that John Hynes needs to be fired something that has become glaringly obvious to everyone.  Ray Shero chose that incompetent coach and continues to stick with that incompetent coach, which is not defensible.  He has a history of sticking with coaches who are his friends, which is a sign that he's doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Even if by a miracle he fires Hynes, I have little faith that he'll choose a competent replacement.  His inability to realize that coaching matters of itself is a huge strike against him.

As to the talent, the point is that it did not take this great genius to get Hughes and Nico (field a bad team and have ping pong balls bounce the correct way) and he is one of at least 3 other GMs that have Peter Chiarelli to the cleaners, so at some point he can't tell you how great he is for Taylor Hall.  And even the Taylor Hall trade will have been a waste if we are not getting a Byram or Caufield level player back in return as a pick in the 22 to 30 range will not make much of a difference. 

One would think there is enough talent on the team that there can be a turn around of some sort with a new coach.  It will have been far too little too late though.

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don't think you know what cherry picking is.

I have said very clearly since the opening night debacle that John Hynes needs to be fired something that has become glaringly obvious to everyone.  Ray Shero chose that incompetent coach and continues to stick with that incompetent coach, which is not defensible.  He has a history of sticking with coaches who are his friends, which is a sign that he's doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Even if by a miracle he fires Hynes, I have little faith that he'll choose a competent replacement.  His inability to realize that coaching matters of itself is a huge strike against him.

As to the talent, the point is that it did not take this great genius to get Hughes and Nico (field a bad team and have ping pong balls bounce the correct way) and he is one of at least 3 other GMs that have Peter Chiarelli to the cleaners, so at some point he can't tell you how great he is for Taylor Hall.  And even the Taylor Hall trade will have been a waste if we are not getting a Byram or Caufield level player back in return as a pick in the 22 to 30 range will not make much of a difference. 

One would think there is enough talent on the team that there can be a turn around of some sort with a new coach.  It will have been far too little too late though.

Man i love how you just glance over the whole roster like all he did was to draft Hughes and Nico and that just about any GM could have made the Hall trade... and ignore everything else that he did. Again, not all of the moves have pan out but when you're in a sh&#33;thole like he was with what Lou left him. He had to be creative and find cheap ways to maximize his return and gamble. You're straight up just a hater trying to discredit someone you dont like

I actually don't even know why im engaging with you, you've proven to be negative just to be negative enough. everyone knows it

Edited by SterioDesign

18 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Man i love how you just glance over the whole roster like all he did was to draft Hughes and Nico and that just about any GM could have made the Hall trade... and ignore everything else that he did. You're straight up just a hater trying to discredit someone you dont like

Other bad and actually worse trades that Peter Chiarelli has made: Tyler Seguin trade for spare parts and No. 14 overall (Matt Barzal) for Griffin Reinhart.  Other bad but less consequential trade made by Peter Chiarelli, trading Ryan Strome for Ryan Spooner.  So no, it was not a genius level move, and if the return for Hall when Shero trades him is not Byram or Caufield level, it's a failure.

Otherwise you can taut all his moves you want, besides the draft picks, they are not resulting in turning the team into a sustainable winner, or at least there is no sign of it.  He's got a chance to prove me wrong when and if he finally chooses a new coach.  But I can tell you if next starts off more or less like this year, he is and should get fired.

Edited by Daniel

I get the feeling Shero is waiting for Tampa's Jon Cooper to be made available, it's really the only thing that'd make sense of all of this. Toronto's Babcock domino fell and Shero probably felt like Tampa's right behind them. Tampa's holding on though, and meanwhile the situation in New Jersey has become that untenable; Hynes is doing such a bad job, he couldn't even buy Shero an extra week or two.

My guess is Nasreddine is taking over because Shero has no other backup plan other than to wait for Jon Cooper to get let go from Tampa (which could happen shortly for all we know) and swoop in for a quick hire of a great American coach.

Edited by DJ Eco

1 minute ago, Crisis said:

So will Hynes be behind the bench tonight?

Looks like it. Given Nasreddines fantastic job with the defense I'm not expecting much but getting rid of Hynes will be a step in the right direction at least. Just because Ryan thinks that'll happen doesn't mean it will though.

22 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

According to Chris Ryan Hynes will be gone within the next 24-48 hours. With Nasreddine named as interim! God help us.

https://www.nj.com/devils/2019/12/nhl-rumors-devils-expected-to-fire-coach-john-hynes-what-it-means.html

I honestly would rather have the Flames' racist ex-coach than see Nasreddine as head coach. 

Re: Nasreddine being picked as interim: Fitzgerald just spent a couple weeks watching mission control from the bench, I trust that he's seen enough of the dynamic to weigh in on whether Nasreddine is the right guy to be named interim coach, or that they have a replacement plan up their sleeve in short order.

We can complain all we want, but no matter who you pick of the bunch to be interim coach, they were all in charge of an aspect of our game that is god awful no matter what (special teams, offensive play, defensive play), so I trust Fitzgerald saw enough to weigh in with Shero that Nasreddine is the guy for the short term future til a head coach is available.

32 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

I get the feeling Shero is waiting for Tampa's Jon Cooper to be made available, it's really the only thing that'd make sense of all of this. Toronto's Babcock domino fell and Shero probably felt like Tampa's right behind them. Tampa's holding on though, and meanwhile the situation in New Jersey has become that untenable; Hynes is doing such a bad job, he couldn't even buy Shero an extra week or two.

My guess is Nasreddine is taking over because Shero has no other backup plan other than to wait for Jon Cooper to get let go from Tampa (which could happen shortly for all we know) and swoop in for a quick hire of a great American coach.

Yeah cause really before all of this Babcock would have been a pipedream. Now he's available and nobody wants him lol