2021 Seattle Expansion Draft

Jerzey

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

PK is obviously a piece of garbage. Like how he “provided lunch for the entire ICU staff at an Ottawa hospital” today while recovering from COVID himself. What a loser, I bet he didn’t even send dessert. 

He only did it so they would talk about him. The boxes are empty.

I don't think Subban should be protected. I think Seattle should be given the opportunity to take him, thereby creating the opportunity for the Devils to spend $9 million in a more efficient way. Subban's not making us, and he's not breaking us. Expose him and see what happens. 

6 hours ago, Guadana said:

First of all - fvck Montreal. All of them. If they think subban make them worse, they can’t count to one. Subban - One SCF, Montreal - zero.
2) fvck gallagher
3) Subban is in best or in one of the best form from devils players. His physic form or something else, I don’t know, make him best or second best defenseman of this season, and he can play a lot of minutes and play solid. Not like Severson.

everything you stay with is your hate only. Don’t like jokes? close your Instagram. 

and after everything you said, try to think where is a true. Do you think hard work in gym doesn’t makes a better hockey player, and jokes and social media makes worse hockey player? Seriously? Man, cmon. it's not scary to admit your mistakes, you didn't poison anyone.

lol ok so just fvck anyone that doesn't agree with what you "want" to believe basically? Coincidence that they are ALL saying the same thing too. And its more than Gallagher lol other players, Markov, and basically every vet on the team, multiple coaches, people around the team etc etc etc The team management was asking him to wear Habs gear for his post game interviews and he'd refuse and still wear his own brand stuff. Those are your coaches and bosses. Coaches straight up said they never knew any given night what they were getting from PK... is he was going to play for the team or play for himself. He fought like fvcking 5-6 differnt players from his own team. How much denial are you in not to see that there WAS problems with him?

And your last sentence is not what i said. I said he's not focused on hockey enough. If he was producing and playing well and doing all those thigns, fine. But he's not. Right now "being better than he was last year" is still not great. He's been spreading himself too thin being in too many things. He's just more into being famous and his status than being the best hockey player he possibly can. Physically he's fine. His problem has always been his decision making and all that, so he can train like a motherfvcker, that won't help his play. If your mind is not 100% on hockey and spread around on doing a bunch of celebrity sh!t, putting evnts together and running a podcast and all that, your mind is just all over the place. You're not focused. Hell that's PRECISELY why Lou didn't want his players to be distracted in any way doing too much stuff off the ice team related or social media and all that sh!t.

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

lol ok so just fvck anyone that doesn't agree with what you "want" to believe basically? Coincidence that they are ALL saying the same thing too. And its more than Gallagher lol other players, Markov, and basically every vet on the team, multiple coaches, people around the team etc etc etc The team management was asking him to wear Habs gear for his post game interviews and he'd refuse and still wear his own brand stuff. Those are your coaches and bosses. Coaches straight up said they never knew any given night what they were getting from PK... is he was going to play for the team or play for himself. He fought like fvcking 5-6 differnt players from his own team. How much denial are you in not to see that there WAS problems with him?

And your last sentence is not what i said. I said he's not focused on hockey enough. If he was producing and playing well and doing all those thigns, fine. But he's not. Right now "being better than he was last year" is still not great. He's been spreading himself too thin being in too many things. He's just more into being famous and his status than being the best hockey player he possibly can. Physically he's fine. His problem has always been his decision making and all that, so he can train like a motherfvcker, that won't help his play. If your mind is not 100% on hockey and spread around on doing a bunch of celebrity sh!t, putting evnts together and running a podcast and all that, your mind is just all over the place. You're not focused. Hell that's PRECISELY why Lou didn't want his players to be distracted in any way doing too much stuff off the ice team related or social media and all that sh!t.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you because I definitely didn’t follow his career then, but if he was so bad in Montreal, why was he made an assistant captain? That doesn’t sound like a guy that the players were upset with and the team brass was upset with. Quite the opposite, in fact. 

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Not necessarily disagreeing with you because I definitely didn’t follow his career then, but if he was so bad in Montreal, why was he made an assistant captain? That doesn’t sound like a guy that the players were upset with and the team brass was upset with. Quite the opposite, in fact. 

Well depends what you mean by "bad"? Fans LOVED him and he always used that to his advantage too. From what's been reported the locker room was pretty divided when it came to Subban. Some guys couldn't stand him and some could. I guess i just hear about it more cause a lot of that sh!t is reported in french but i mean. Ive said this a million times here. When you hear his ex-teammate hating that everything is about Subban cause that's just what he wants. It speaks volume. When you see VIDEOS of him in practices or games mouthing to the coach who's trying to discipline him after a mistake. Him fight countless players on his own team, him holding that ridiculous cheque with his name on it like he's the one personally giving that money from his pocket, whenever he'd put up events for his PR moves not a single habs player would ever show up, when he got traded from MTL not a single MTL tweeted about it telling him good luck or wtv like they often do, ive SEEN Markov doing a LIVE post-game interview and stopping mid interview to scream at Subban not to do something he told him a hundreds time not to do and that he had to disrespectful. Like in full interview, you think a guy like markov would snap like this for nothing? When ex-habs players/legends comments on his antics saying that wouldnt have fly in their time. When countless coaches would call him out constantly. And hearing about all the things he was doing in the locker room or around the team that was getting on their nerves, you'd also SEE it on the ice. Guys looking at the ceiling and being frustrated with him. One time he scored an OT winner and like half the team went straight to the locker room. It's like when you can't discipline your child cause you know they can just go to mommy and get what they want anyway or when you can't bench one of your top player for his attitude cause you cant afford not to have him? Well it was kind of that. He know how to say the right thing so that fans and media LOVES him, that's incredibly clear and he's a charmer. He'll 100% be on tv after his career is over, he's just a natural. There's just always been way too much smoke around him that he's getting on people's nerves. It's undeniable. He seem to be better now though, maybe he understood or maybe the management are better at handling this.

But if people want to ignore all of that and just go "this has to be a lie, this is impossible since he got the A or its all canadian media making sh!t up... lol again, ive SEEN these things with my own eyes, that's why im not a fan of subban, precisely because of all this. And lastly... you've seen enough of him to know he's kind of an attention whore, again, that's undeniable. The guy produced a fvcking documentary about his trade lol who does that? So now, with that established, how is it so hard to understand and believe that he could get on people's nerves? i just don't get that at all lol

Edited by SterioDesign

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

But if people want to ignore all of that and just go "this has to be a lie, this is impossible since he got the A or its all canadian media making sh!t up... lol again, ive SEEN these things with my own eyes, that's why im not a fan of subban, precisely because of all this. And lastly... you've seen enough of him to know he's kind of an attention whore, again, that's undeniable. The guy produced a fvcking documentary about his trade lol who does that? So now, with that established, how is it so hard to understand and believe that he could get on people's nerves? i just don't get that at all lol

I’ll preface this by pointing out that I couldn’t stand Subban in Nashville.   Despite the hype, he was at best the 3rd best d-man on that roster the day he was acquired from Montreal and a clear 4th in his last season there.   

At this point, why does any of the stuff that happened in Montreal (or Nashville) even matter?   Isn’t it possible that he was an immature attention grabbing jackass in his early 20s that has matured into a media savvy veteran that eats the tough minutes on the ice (preventing the Ty Smith and others from getting caved in) while also being is a solid presence in the locker room for our young team?   

I get it.   When I donate, I typically do it anonymously as opposed to telling the whole world about the good deed I just did but In the end that’s all harmless stuff.   I’m sure the Montreal Children’s hospital doesn’t care if the 10 million came via PKs fund raising or out of his own pocket as long as they get the 10 million.  

Again, I’m not his biggest fan but his play this year has me hoping he doesn’t get jettisoned to Seattle and I wouldn’t be against extending him further if his contract expectations are in line with where he’s at in his career.  

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 3

Subban is still imo a decent defenseman. Not worth 9 mil, but still a good 3-4 slot?  Maybe 4-5 mil (after current contract runs out)? I don't mind he's not the man he used to be. I don't know how he is in the room, but seems to be the type of guy that try to lighten the mood?

Folks are suggesting bringing Adam Larsson back, but there will be bidding for him unless Edm. signs him. Whomever will overpay. I think Fitz is going to dangle PK. 

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

I’ll preface this by pointing out that I couldn’t stand Subban in Nashville.   Despite the hype, he was at best the 3rd best d-man on that roster the day he was acquired from Montreal and a clear 4th in his last season there.   

At this point, why does any of the stuff that happened in Montreal (or Nashville) even matter?   Isn’t it possible that he was an immature attention grabbing jackass in his early 20s that has matured into a media savvy veteran that eats the tough minutes on the ice (preventing the Ty Smith and others from getting caved in) while also being is a solid presence in the locker room for our young team?   

I get it.   When I donate, I typically do it anonymously as opposed to telling the whole world about the good deed I just did but In the end that’s all harmless stuff.   I’m sure the Montreal Children’s hospital doesn’t care if the 10 million came via PKs fund raising or out of his own pocket as long as they get the 10 million.  

Again, I’m not his biggest fan but his play this year has me hoping he doesn’t get jettisoned to Seattle and I wouldn’t be against extending him further if his contract expectations are in line with where he’s at in his career.  

Well i dont argue or disagree with a bunch of stuff you said there. Im not even saying that we MUST expose and get rid of him. he's playing big minutes now in year where we're not supposed to do much so he's a decent temporary fix on this sort of team and his ridiculous cap hit is not hurting us.

I brought up the MTL stuff cause 1) some fans here are almost like denying that this all happened 2) just to point out that wanting to be in the spotlight and get attention is just a part of him and could have impacted his focus, its been brought up very often. And his play is still not what it was and how he's preparing mentally very well might have an impact about that. Exactly like Ronda Rousey in UFC.

And i also never said it's not good for the children's hospital to get money. It's just rubbing a lot of people the wrong way when he does all those things getting attention. I don't get why anytime i have to bring this up people take it like im saying he's an a$$hole or wtv. I never said that, he has a big heart and he's an egomaniac. That's all. some good and some bad can come out of that. We do not seem to be getting much "bad" now, maybe he matured a bit or maybe getting traded twice was a humbling experience for him or wtv. In MTL its clear that he knew he could get away with anything cause the fans loved him so much, even if he didnt get along with coaches he knew he'd outlive them. But now for the first time in his career he appears to "tone down" his play and not try to be as flashy and about him. I wouldnt mind keeping him if he'd take a MAJOR pay cut but i suspect if he'd take a paycut he wouldnt want to stick in NJ but would rather go to toronto or something.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

Cap Friendly still shows us having to expose 2 of the following 5 forwards: Nico, Johnsson, Wood, Bratt, Zacha

Now, I don't know if he plays 2 more games, if Merkley would qualify, but I'd be all for exposing Johnsson and Nico is obviously staying, but that second player is a brutal call.

Defense its one of Subban, Severson and Butcher.

If the owner of this team has the final decision, I would think Subban will be unprotected because it makes financial sense to get him off the payroll. Bratt and Zacha have to be protected. Exposing Wood not ideal, like you indicate, jagknife.

Edited by Jerrydevil

15 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Cap Friendly still shows us having to expose 2 of the following 5 forwards: Nico, Johnsson, Wood, Bratt, Zacha

Now, I don't know if he plays 2 more games, if Merkley would qualify, but I'd be all for exposing Johnsson and Nico is obviously staying, but that second player is a brutal call.

Defense its one of Subban, Severson and Butcher.

Devils needs to unprotect two players with contracts and experience. If Fitz will sing merkley or/and Bastian, he can protect Nico, Zacha, Bratt and Wood.

• Like 1

PK was traded from Montreal in 2016, after his extension in 2014. Why in the world he still gets held to attitude problems he had in the early 2010’s, I have no idea. 

1 hour ago, Jerrydevil said:

If the owner of this team has the final decision, I would think Subban will be unprotected because it makes financial sense to get him off the payroll. Bratt and Zacha have to be protected. Exposing Wood not ideal, like you indicate, jagknife.

At this the point they may need his 9 million just to hit the cap floor 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

PK was traded from Montreal in 2016, after his extension in 2014. Why in the world he still gets held to attitude problems he had in the early 2010’s, I have no idea. 

I’m not sure he does, other than by one person on this board. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I know they'd never be allowed to hit free agency, but man if we let PK go to Seattle, we could throw the money saved PLUS current cap space at RNH and Landeskog.... what a pipe dream

I think you have the money for that irrespective of paying PK.

It still won’t happen and they still won’t do it, but still. 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe its been discussed here but i didnt know the Golden Knights were exempt from the Seattle draft?

I mean i get it. They never missed the playoffs, 2 pacific division championships, 2 westrn conference final appearances, one stanley cup final appearance and they are fvcking stacked and may make it far again this year.

But sure, wouldnt be fair to take a player away from them

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Maybe its been discussed here but i didnt know the Golden Knights were exempt from the Seattle draft?

I mean i get it. They never missed the playoffs, 2 pacific division championships, 2 westrn conference final appearances, one stanley cup final appearance and they are fvcking stacked and may make it far again this year.

Agreed. fvcking ridiculous. That franchise has been given every last conceivable advantage imaginable.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Agreed. fvcking ridiculous. That franchise has been given every last conceivable advantage imaginable.

Looking at it straight-up this way, yes, seems like an unfair advantage for Vegas.  But, let's break it down -  each club benefited financially from Vegas' (and now Seattle's) entry into the league - this to the tune of like $20 million per team in distributed funds derived from the entry fees paid.

So - if you're Vegas or Seattle - you're like..."Screw that - I paid to have these expansion rules favor my team - so I'm not feeling sorry for anyone" $600 million is a lot of money to enter a team into competition.  That's just a fee to enter the league.  That's not talking about brick and mortar, logistical, human resource costs - which can drive that amount up another 50%.

Imagine paying the $600 million expansion fee, and being as dreary as the Senators or Sharks in their expansion years.  Not happening. 

It benefits the league having a competitive team right off the bat, and it also helps guarantee a generous and quicker return-on-investment to the ownership group of the new franchise.

It's all calculated my friends.

Edited by Mitico12
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah that is ridiculous. If anyone should be exempt it should be the lower 2-3 teams in the league, and it should be their option.