Training Camp 2021-22

Devil Dan 56

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Not sure if we should make too much of it but Holtz being put on a line with 2 guys who were just sent down...

And we're missing Wood and Thompson from the forward group.

Smith, Sevs and Bernier too obviously

fvck how i wish Seattle would have fvcking picked Johnsson.

I still haven't seen anything from Johnsson that has justified trading for him.

I thought Holtz would get a shot after his pre season showing. But I guess he has to really play on those top two lines otherwise he is going to be wasted. 

We have the luxury of giving him time to develop. 

7 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I thought Holtz would get a shot after his pre season showing. But I guess he has to really play on those top two lines otherwise he is going to be wasted. 

yeah exactly and who know. we might actually somehow make the playoffs and we can bring him in then kind of like MTL did with caufield. really similar player

20 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Johnsson's relatively short career has been bizarre in that he's had one very productive stretch (17 G and 16 A over 38 GP, in 2018-19), and hasn't done much before or since.  Been over it but it's probably that stretch that piqued Fitz's interest (Hey, imagine if he was able to manage 75-80% of that kind of production...at his price tag, we'd happily take it!).  But looks those 38 GP were a serious fluke.  Once he wears out his welcome here, he'll get another chance somewhere...not sure how many more he gets after that one though.  

Bahl looked like he was fine last spring in his limited chances. He made up for his lack of speed with a very wide area of stick defense. However, given the influx of talent this off-season, the depth chart just go that much harder for him to break in. Sending him down where he can play every night seems like the right move. If the club hadn't add their top pairing in the off-season, he may have made the club.

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Tbh on second glance this is just more of a security nuisance than anything else. It’s not a ‘requirement’ unless it also includes proof of a negative test if you don’t have the card.  They won’t really be able to enforce the mask rule.

Yup. 

So I have been seeing some fans on social media moaning about the cashless policy.  In this day and age, is carrying cash still a preference?  If my wallet is stolen it is much easier to alert the CC companies about it and lose nothing rather than holding X amount of dollars that I would never get back.  Plus the arena is not the type of venue to give you a discount if you use cash or remove sales tax.

18 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

So I have been seeing some fans on social media moaning about the cashless policy.  In this day and age, is carrying cash still a preference?  If my wallet is stolen it is much easier to alert the CC companies about it and lose nothing rather than holding X amount of dollars that I would never get back.  Plus the arena is not the type of venue to give you a discount if you use cash or remove sales tax.

I always carry cash. Not a lot, but I always have some on me.