2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Don't overreact and give Palat 7M+ or Kadri 8M+.  That'd be a good first step.

Explore a Laine trade, since Columbus is going to be hard pressed to resign him.

Explore a Tkachuk trade if he makes it known he wants out.

Agree on all points. Will add...go after Pasta. Id rather not make the mistake of overpaying Palat or Kadri....with how bad we wanted Zacha gone imagine how salted we'll get when one of those guys doesn't live up to the deal.

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Yes lol

Oh thank god!

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So was the 12m x 7 deal false? Cause i mean... if im gaudreau and want to play in Colombus anyway. i'd take that deal lol

Well obviously, they didn’t offer him $12m and he said “nah, how about $9.8m”. 

Just trying to make sense of this... I just don't know why he picked Colombus... for less money than the team he could have got longer terms and more money... and us who offered more money and was closer to home...

What's the appeal in Colombus? They are no better than Calgary and NJ

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Just trying to make sense of this... I just don't know why he picked Colombus... for less money than the team he could have got longer terms and more money... and us who offered more money and was closer to home...

Especially looking at their mediocre center depth compared to what ours is/will become - he'll never sniff 100 points again in Columbus.

1 minute ago, NJD16W said:

I have a bad feeling we will end up with Palat. Have to listen to the he's gonna teach these you g guys how to win BS. He'll get 40 points per year at 6 million plus per season. 

Please stop.  This is my nightmare.

7 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Fitz: "We're allowed to have plans!?"

Given the outcome the guy didn't want to be a Devil...so fvck him. I am not sure I really blame Fitz here for not giving him a stupid contract. I hope they use that cannon in CLB to shoot his ass into a vat of common sense so he can realize how much he fvcked up.

I'm not blaming Fitz at all... I just hope he has backup plans and didn't put all his eggs in one basket.  That's why he gets the big bucks.

14 minutes ago, WaffleFries said:

You know what I don't think I have seen mentioned here: If JG was a flyers fan wouldn't that mean he fvcking hates the Devils.

Little Johnny would have been 6 when Stevens splattered Lindros crossing the blue line in the 2000 playoffs. Maybe it left a big impression on him.

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So was the 12m x 7 deal false? Cause i mean... if im gaudreau and want to play in Colombus anyway. i'd take that deal lol

Yes very likely that was false media BS. Reminds me of when Leafs signed Marner a few years ago and the speculated salary was about two million more than he actually got...and that was from Darren Dreger and Bob McKenzie. So, even the best insiders are sometimes completely off.

Edited by Rob_Ottawa

Oh well, most of us wanted Gaudreau but we wanted Tkachuk more. And so did Fitz.

So that ship hasn't sunk yet.

We may endup with our plan A somehow if Calgary decide to tear it down or that Tkachuk doesnt want to be part of it.

So Debrincat and Gaudreau were not our ideal scenarios. 

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Could it be that he hates the Devils as a Flyers fan? 

As much as people might disagree, moving from Calgary to CBJ IS moving closer to home. Maybe he could have gotten closer, or he could’ve been in driving distance. But he’s an hour and a half away by plane. He’s a famous hockey player with tons of money, he probably catches flights like we buy a cup of coffee. 

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Maybe my line about him not wanting to play in NJ doesn’t seem to far fetched now?

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Could it be that he hates the Devils as a Flyers fan? 

As much as people might disagree, moving from Calgary to CBJ IS moving closer to home. Maybe he could have gotten closer, or he could’ve been in driving distance. But he’s an hour and a half away by plane. He’s a famous hockey player with tons of money, he probably catches flights like we buy a cup of coffee. 

A wheels up membership is prob a drop in the bucket with the kind of money he is making.

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

Maybe my line about him not wanting to play in NJ doesn’t seem to far fetched now?

Well let's just say that you were 100% right about that. How 'bout that.

At least then you can't blame Fitz for failing at signing a player who didn't want to be there.

Offered more money, was closer to home, everything. Literally not Fitz fault. Can we shake on that?