Pavel Zacha to the Bruins

Devilsfan118

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I think 386 games played is enough to say yes. 

Yeah 386 games for a 6th overall and we traded him for a journeyman who has been on 7 teams in 6 years. For us, he was a bust. Could he turn it around elsewhere? Who knows. Watch him center Hall and Pastrnak and he's an all-star lol. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah 386 games for a 6th overall and we traded him for a journeyman who has been on 7 teams in 6 years. For us, he was a bust. Could he turn it around elsewhere? Who knows. Whath him center Hall and Pastrnak and he's an all-star lol. 

I doubt he turns it around since he has mainly played with a permanently torn motivator cuff 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Not pleased with this move. But we were ready to move on

When you consider that we get one year of Erik Haula (maybe less if he gets dealt at the trade deadline), we practically dumped Zacha.

Edited by Jerrydevil

6 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

For far too long I thought the lyric to that song was "I ain't no hollow black girl" and was like "how is Gwen not getting pulled up on this?"

This post I think just won the day that included a great coach signing and a good trade…

1 minute ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Someone is setting themself up for a disappointment. 

I could see him getting off a fast start (like last season), the Bruin faithful all thinking they got a steal, and then Zacha turning back into Zacha.  I just think he is what he is...he'll forever tease more, but in the end, there will be lots of invisibility and borderline blatant disinterest.  

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I could see him getting off a fast start (like last season), the Bruin faithful all thinking they got a steal, and then Zacha turning back into Zacha.  I just think he is what he is...he'll forever tease more, but in the end, there will be lots of invisibility and borderline blatant disinterest.  

You’re probably right but there will also be a lot more accountability in Boston playing with veterans who have all accomplished way more than he probably ever will.  Playing in NJ where he was 2-5 years older than our young core that should have been looking up to him and where there wasn’t a lot of accountability was probably not an ideal situation for a guy like him.   

5 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Someone is setting themself up for a disappointment. 

I swear I can’t believe how hyped Bruins fans are about this trade. On another message board I visit one Bruins fan commented on his size and how it was about time they added players like that. I just laughed and thought I can’t wait until you see how soft he plays. They are way over-valuing him.

• Like 1

I never thought Zacha was soft.  He was strong with the puck and on the boards.  He also scored I think he just couldn’t fit in the system, or lack there of.  Personally, I think he has talent and he is going into a system that has structure.  What we’ve been watching since Hynes was coach is a bad system and that is where I place the blame, more so, than the quality of players.  Zacha had to bring his agent to a meeting with his coach to get clarification of what is expected of him.  He never had a chance.  He barely played at the AHL level to develop, inconsistent linemates and played in a crappy system with crappy goalies.  He may not be a top six, but at least, he will be middle six.  Haula is trade fodder for the deadline.  

1 hour ago, Puckbuster said:

I never thought Zacha was soft.  He was strong with the puck and on the boards.  He also scored I think he just couldn’t fit in the system, or lack there of.  Personally, I think he has talent and he is going into a system that has structure.  What we’ve been watching since Hynes was coach is a bad system and that is where I place the blame, more so, than the quality of players.  Zacha had to bring his agent to a meeting with his coach to get clarification of what is expected of him.  He never had a chance.  He barely played at the AHL level to develop, inconsistent linemates and played in a crappy system with crappy goalies.  He may not be a top six, but at least, he will be middle six.  Haula is trade fodder for the deadline.  

How can we say he never had a chance? he was given every chance as a top pick.

Plus late round picks like Bratt and Sharangovich made the team and both had a way bigger impact than he did... playing in the same system and at the same time. 

Can't blame the system, goalies, coaches and everything when other guys with less chances of making it did

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

How can we say he never had a chance? he was given every chance as a top pick.

Plus late round picks like Bratt and Sharangovich made the team and both had a way bigger impact than he did... playing in the same system and at the same time. 

Can't blame the system, goalies, coaches and everything when other guys with less chances of making it did

Well, I think some can overcome challenges better than others.  We’ll see if he sinks or swims.