GDT: Jack & the Boys @ Torts' Trash - 7pm (eastern)

jagknife

Still not sure what Ruff brings exactly. Flyers really played hard and tough that period.  

All in all, a pretty solid first period.  Hope the PP goal sparks some confidence in the team as we get more man-advantage opportunities.  That was a black cloud over us basically all of last season.

Defense has looked pretty good - they look comfortable and making the right decisions.  I don't know why, but Dougie always looks sluggish...maybe it's because he's so big.  

Will be interesting to see how we come up to finish the 4 on 4...I feel like we finally have a fair amount of playmakers where we're dangerous and can easily pot a goal in those situations.  Years ago I always felt scared and just wanted our guys to kill the coincidental penalty.  Not anymore. 

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

All in all, a pretty solid first period.  Hope the PP goal sparks some confidence in the team as we get more man-advantage opportunities.  That was a black cloud over us basically all of last season.

Defense has looked pretty good - they look comfortable and making the right decisions.  I don't know why, but Dougie always looks sluggish...maybe it's because he's so big.  

Will be interesting to see how we come up to finish the 4 on 4...I feel like we finally have a fair amount of playmakers where we're dangerous and can easily pot a goal in those situations.  Years ago I always felt scared and just wanted our guys to kill the coincidental penalty.  Not anymore. 

Holtz’ confidence definitely skyrocketed after that goal. He played really well afterwards 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They’re all over us so far, in afraid to take penalties. We have not been able to get much going. 

I absolutely get that Torts is Torts and he has a shelf life and all that, and we’re a whopping 20 minutes into a brand new season, but still frustrating to see a guy making an immediate difference (we’ll see if that lasts).  I just have no idea what Ruff really does.  

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I absolutely get that Torts is Torts and he has a shelf life and all that, and we’re a whopping 20 minutes into a brand new season, but still frustrating to see a guy making an immediate difference (we’ll see if that lasts).  I just have no idea what Ruff really does.  

• Haha 3