GDT: Detroit @ Devils 7:00 PM 10/15- the home opener

MadDog2020

Just got home…left after Goal #5.  Couldn’t take it anymore.

I’ve been done with Ruff, and I’m just about done with Captain Complacency too (Fitz).  I’m through being patient…it scares me to death that Fitz somehow thought Ruff deserved more time.  Guess what Tommy Boy?  The answer is NOT behind your damned bench.

Talent-wise, this team should flat-out not look SO disjointed and SO easy to play against.  The Devils just get bottled up so effortlessly in their own end, for what seems like several minutes at a time…it’s so infuriating to watch.

I’m just at a complete loss.  It’s two games but it feels like a lost season already.  Hate feeling that way, but these games have been THAT ugly.

But at least we also have the sh!ttiest RR 2.0 in the entire NHL to look forward to.  Hip-hip-fvcking-hooray!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

We outshot Detroit 39-21 and had plenty of great chances, and still lose 5-2.

image.gif.0db10227a73446eafdc2df088222c795.gif

As much as I’m no mood to look for lil’ silver linings, the points are obviously going to come for Jack…he’s just too damned good.  But the Devils right now seem to be in “Shoot from wherever and hope it goes in” mode, leading to shot volume more than anything else…you can probably make the argument that they could have a couple more goals at this point, but still 100% feels like they deserve to be winless.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As much as I’m no mood to look for lil’ silver linings, the points are obviously going to come for Jack…he’s just too damned good.  But the Devils right now seem to be in “Shoot from wherever and hope it goes in” mode, leading to shot volume more than anything else…you can probably make the argument that they could have a couple more goals at this point, but still 100% feels like they deserve to be winless.  

Against the Flyers absolutely, but the Devils had WAY more high danger chances than the Wings did. Nedeljkovic stole that game. And as usual our goaltending was awful. .773 awful. 

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I really thought Fitz would have learned after watching Shero go down with the ship but it seems like he’s gonna let his loyalty get the best of him. 

The thing of it is...Ruff was already on the hot seat judging by the fact he didn't get an extension and also the fact Brunette's on the bench.  If you're that uncertain of a guy that you need to keep him as a lame duck with an obvious replacement on staff then you might as well have just fvcking fired him to begin with and save everyone the charade of the 5-10-however many games it takes to have a mercy kill here.  Bullsh!t like that almost never ends well anyway so what was the point?

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

If our owners were that cheap they wouldn't have signed palat or Hamilton or anyone. I'm on board with Tom Fitzgerald being sh!t and Ruff being sh!t but our owners are not the issue right now. 

Not when it comes to finances...organizational structure and philosophy is another story but this idea they don't want to pay a head coach when they're at the cap celing is silly.  They might not want to give a head coach any say though, that's the real reason why you get stooges like Hynes, Nas, Ruff, probably Brunette next, etc while guys like Lavi, Gallant, etc want nothing to do with us.  Cause we want a frigging group collaboration led by the analytic people, not an actual organizational structure.

Edited by NJDevs4978

fvck what a sh!t show… fvcking embarrassing to go down like that after a packed house and sh!tting the bed. This would have been a nice game to win some of us back but I already feel like the season is done if lindy isn’t gone. I said maybe after 10 games we could show him the door but fvck that he needs to be gone NOW. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jagknife said:

“are they really booing me?”

It’s tough to begin the season at home with boos.  Personally, I think it affects the coaching staff all the way down to the players in a negative way.  I think it, also, makes it harder to attract better coaches and players.  As a long time fan, I thought it was uncalled for because it was an opening night game and it’s embarrassing being that it was only the second game of the season.  The boos at the end of the second and third are more justified, however.  

24 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

It’s tough to begin the season at home with boos.  Personally, I think it affects the coaching staff all the way down to the players in a negative way.  I think it, also, makes it harder to attract better coaches and players.  As a long time fan, I thought it was uncalled for because it was an opening night game and it’s embarrassing being that it was only the second game of the season.  The boos at the end of the second and third are more justified, however.  

Maybe it should affect them, fvck that sh!t, the fanbase has largely given the organization a free ride the last several years...the Devils have been at the Rock fifteen years and have made the playoffs five times with ONCE getting out of the first round.  Fans are finally fed up, a la Giant fans chanting 'we've had enough!' in the late '70's.  Did I boo Lindy pregame no.  Did I expect it, yeah...especially after the crap sandwich they served up on Thursday.  Sooner or later the coach was gonna get it from the crowd after two of the worst years in franchise history, last night was Lindy's time to get it.  Did I boo any of the players in the pregame no, with one exception (McLeod) and that sure as sh!t has nothing to do with anything 'normal' or fan impatience.  Blackwood's a diva who's stunk for two years and stunk the other night so I can't really blame anyone for booing him either.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

I'm just gonna copy my post from HF Boards cause someone over there said something similar and my response there fits here too... 

Lmfao, you know what's bush league and embarrassing? Making the f***ing playoffs 1 time since 2012 and only winning 1 measly f***ing playoff game since then.

Our once winning team and proud franchise is now a f***ing joke that everyone looks forward to playing because it's an easy win for them. The only thing this team has won in the last decade is lotto picks and a stupid marketing award for a f***ing HAT HAT.

Lindy is a dog sh!t head coach and Blackwood is dumb as a box of rocks and sucks in goal. These two get paid way more money than they deserve and they have to EARN our respect. Ranger fans laughed hysterically at us when we hired Ruff because they were thrilled to get rid of him cause they hated him and hot sh!t look at that, they were right.

This sh!t sure as f*** isn't going to get turned around cause we gave the guys a bunch of pity claps like they were f***ing toddlers playing a meaningless scrimmage game on a Saturday morning.

I'm glad our fan base is finally pissed the f*** off. If you aren't pissed off you don't have a f***ing heartbeat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm just gonna copy my post from HF Boards cause someone over there said something similar and my response there fits here too... 

Lmfao, you know what's bush league and embarrassing? Making the f***ing playoffs 1 time since 2012 and only winning 1 measly f***ing playoff game since then.

Our once winning team and proud franchise is now a f***ing joke that everyone looks forward to playing because it's an easy win for them. The only thing this team has won in the last decade is lotto picks and a stupid marketing award for a f***ing HAT HAT.

Lindy is a dog sh!t head coach and Blackwood is dumb as a box of rocks and sucks in goal. These two get paid way more money than they deserve and they have to EARN our respect. Ranger fans laughed hysterically at us when we hired Ruff because they were thrilled to get rid of him cause they hated him and hot sh!t look at that, they were right.

This sh!t sure as f*** isn't going to get turned around cause we gave the guys a bunch of pity claps like they were f***ing toddlers playing a meaningless scrimmage game on a Saturday morning.

I'm glad our fan base is finally pissed the f*** off. If you aren't pissed off you don't have a f***ing heartbeat.

image.gif

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3