GDT: 12/9/22 Devils v. Islanders, 7:00pm, MSGSN

mfitz804

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I have to say I agree with this. The whole “guy to send a message” thing is overrated. Tom Wilson is a unique player. 

Yea but it would be nice to have a player who could rag doll Romanov or lay a bit hit on another Islander player after a hit like that on Wood. The Leafs and Flames played physical and knocked the team around also. We need an enforcer to protect Jack, if nothing else. Smith is the most physical guy on the team and that's not saying much. 

Edited by slasher72
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

I wonder how is Zacha doing...

he’s a fvcking scrub too, but haula’s entire benefit to this team seems to be “good at face offs.” Horrendous anchor on every line he ever plays on, worst shot i’ve maybe ever seen from an NHLer. 

sunk cost fallacy if you keep playing him. as soon as palat is back, give this guy a bus ticket to the minezies.

5 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

I don’t care. I had enough of watching our wasted top-10 pick for 6 years.

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

he’s a fvcking scrub too, but haula’s entire benefit to this team seems to be “good at face offs.” Horrendous anchor on every line he ever plays on, worst shot i’ve maybe ever seen from an NHLer. 

sunk cost fallacy if you keep playing him. as soon as palat is back, give this guy a bus ticket to the minezies.

But then Holtz will have a spot…

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

But then Holtz will have a spot…

There’s no way Haula is going anywhere. I’ve got news for you, Jack probably likes him exactly where he is. I don’t think for a second that he would be sticking on Jack’s line this long if he didn’t. 

17 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Yea but it would be nice to have a player who could rag doll Romanov or lay a bit hit on another Islander player after a hit like that on Wood. The Leafs and Flames played physical and knocked the team around also. We need an enforcer to protect Jack, if nothing else. Smith is the most physical guy on the team and that's not saying much. 

Not gonna lie, I would love to have Tom Wilson here. Until then, we’ll have to settle for McLeod, Brendan Smith and whoever else sticking up for teammates.

With every loss I pray that it is the last we see of Brendan Smith. He is absolutely fvcking awful. I’d love to know what the hell he was doing on that third goal against.

Siegenthaler hasnt looked the good last three games. Tonight was arguably the worst game I’ve seen from him.

• Thanks 1

With the season the Devils are having, the regulars are allowed a mulligan.  

With that said, the one play that still pisses me off from tonight is the lazy ass backcheck by Jesper Boqvist on the Cizakas goal (3rd goal I think).   Dude is the epitome of a fringe NHLer who is only in the lineup due to injury.   It’s basically make or break time four seasons into his career and he floated for about 100 feet with someone wide open in front of him.   You’re not allowed to do that when you’re “the other Jesper.”  He could have caught Cizakas with minimal effort on that play and kept the game at 2-1 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

At the end of last season, I was sure I was done with Andres Johnsson in a Devils uniform but I think we’re at the point where he needs to be playing while both Palat and Bastian are out.  At least give him a look.   

I never thought I could ever ever agree with this, and I’m sure there’s an excellent chance that he’ll quickly remind me why I’m not a fan…but I can’t watch Holtz try to hockey at the NHL level anymore.  Not right now, anyway.

Injuries have potentially given Johnsson a chance, even if it’s only temporary.  Might as well.

Oh and can someone remind Sharangovich that the first halves of seasons count too?

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I never thought I could ever ever agree with this, and I’m sure there’s an excellent chance that he’ll quickly remind me why I’m not a fan…but I can’t watch Holtz try to hockey at the NHL level anymore.  Not right now, anyway.

Injuries have potentially given Johnsson a chance, even if it’s only temporary.  Might as well.

Oh and can someone remind Sharangovich that the first halves of seasons count too?

I feel like Sharangovich is a guy we should move. Let him go on one of his runs and someone will look at that and take him. 

3 hours ago, Devs64 said:

2022-2023 Regular Season
GP G A P +/-
25 3 13 16 7

He’s in the second line playing with Krejci and Pasternak.

This is the most recent article about the trade:

https://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/platform/amp/2022/12/5/23491082/bruins-erik-haula-pavel-dacha-trade-analysis-bruins-trade-news

Personally, I think Zacha is the more talented of the two.  However, I think Haula works harder than Zacha, relative to Zacha’s time as a Devils.  That said, I’ve been to a game and watched a few; and I think Zacha is better in Boston.  I think it helps playing with Krejci and Pasternak, but the same could be said with Haula and his inflated underlying numbers because he plays with Hughes.  Bottom line, Zacha never became the power forward he needed to be with his talent and size, which is what the Devils sorely need.  I think we can all agree from what we are watching at this point of the season.  Teams are getting a second look at the Devils and adjusting.  The opposition is hitting harder and taking them off their game.  If Tom wants to make a deep run, I am changing my opinion from a week ago, they need to make a trade for someone that can play with Hughes and be that power forward.  Unfortunately, I don’t think that player is available.

In regards to Haula, he does not belong playing along side Hughes.  I get it that he wins faceoffs, but the guy is clearly in over his head.  He should be playing third line minutes.  He can’t finish and I think his ability to receive and make passes sucks.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah i mean... i get that we may need a guy with jack who do.... those things that doesnt show up on the scoresheet....

But we also can't have our top player playing with a guy who only managed to score 1 goal

I’m as sick of his lack of scoring as everyone else but goddamn the level to which he’s not finding the back of the net is just baffling.  He scored 18 goals just last season.  Over his last three seasons he’s scored 39 goals in 177 GP.  He’s a career 11.8% shooter…he simply shouldn’t be THIS horrible at putting pucks home.  Even if he was shooting 10% this season, he’d have 6 goals, which we’d all be relatively happy with.

BUT, it’s gotta start fvcking happening already.  Especially if Jack’s stuck with him for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

Not gonna lie, I would love to have Tom Wilson here. Until then, we’ll have to settle for McLeod, Brendan Smith and whoever else sticking up for teammates.

Doesn’t really scare other teams into thinking twice before running one of our players. And you know scumbag trouba is going to be looking to hurt someone Monday night. 

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

yeah i mean... i get that we may need a guy with jack who do.... those things that doesnt show up on the scoresheet....

But we also can't have our top player playing with a guy who only managed to score 1 goal

Haula hit another crossbar last night too. I’ve never seen a dude clang as many posts and crossbars as this guy. 

46 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Haula hit another crossbar last night too. I’ve never seen a dude clang as many posts and crossbars as this guy. 

Right, he is “almost” there lol. 

I’ll donate $5 to the site if someone can do a flawless photoshop adding Haula’s face to my meme. I could just remake it with a picture of Haula, but it would be funnier to me to use the old one. 

49466862712_69fda3954e_b.jpg

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1