The Unintended GDT 1/10/23 Devs @ Canes 7:00 PM EST ESPN+ Hulu

Rock

1 minute ago, Devs64 said:

I don't even know what to think about this game. What a comeback combined with the worst performance I've seen this year. 

I was actually going to say, even as bad as it looked when it was 3-1, we came back against the Rangers in the third period so you really can't count this team out. Good news is they answered back even quicker than I thought they could. 

• Like 1

Just now, Devs64 said:

I don't even know what to think about this game. What a comeback combined with the worst performance I've seen this year. 

If the Devils go right back to looking like they’re being outclassed, that little surge loses something.  Let me see them now at least play with the Canes for most of a period.

Just now, Nicomo said:

We got the secondary scoring, now Jack, Nico, or Bratt can go out and win it. 

Boqvist would count as tertiary scoring.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

He literally caught back up to guys who had head starts on him.

I get you’re defensive of Dougie in this instance but ignoring Palat catching up at the end of his shift is a little weak

How can you say Palat caught up to guys who had head starts on him? If that was the case, he would have caught the guy with the puck, or the passer, and broken up the play.

Dougie didn't play that particularly well either, but Palat didn't do him any favors. Go back and look at the replay and you'll see Palat go down the middle, not taking either player. Dougie then has to drift first from the passer, then to the puck carrier, then back to the passer. It was a 2 on 1 because Palat, did not, catch up to either Cane player.  

Anyway, Palat has looked a step slow to me tonight and I thought that was a clear example of it, but to each their own, and if you and/or others think he's playing OK, then of course I hope you're right and I'm wrong, and I want to see him start hitting the scoresheet. 

The game is tied, who would've thought, so let's embrace that. 

7 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

How can you say Palat caught up to guys who had head starts on him? If that was the case, he would have caught the guy with the puck, or the passer, and broken up the play.

Dougie didn't play that particularly well either, but Palat didn't do him any favors. Go back and look at the replay and you'll see Palat go down the middle, not taking either player. Dougie then has to drift first from the passer, then to the puck carrier, then back to the passer. It was a 2 on 1 because Palat, did not, catch up to either Cane player.  

Anyway, Palat has looked a step slow to me tonight and I thought that was a clear example of it, but to each their own, and if you and/or others think he's playing OK, then of course I hope you're right and I'm wrong, and I want to see him start hitting the scoresheet. 

The game is tied, who would've thought, so let's embrace that. 

1) Palat literally took the first receiver, he had a stick length lead before he got between them, and he tipped the puck and it slowed right to the stick. When you’re behind someone and you become parallel with them, that’s catching up.

2) Dougie was flat footed and had zero anticipation of the return feed.

Either way the goal is currently moot, let’s get it done in the 3rd

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

As bad as we have played, we are Bratt and Hughes missing wide open nets from this being a 5-3 game. 

Let’s hope we can get it done in the 3rd. 

Never liked this kind of viewpoint only because I can’t assume the rest of the alternate timeline would’ve unfolded the exact same way, had Jack scored, Jesper scored, etc.

BUT, I hear what you’re saying and as ragged as it’s been, they’re in this game.  So yeah let’s hope they manage at least a point out of this one.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Never liked this kind of viewpoint only because I can’t assume the rest of the alternate timeline would’ve unfolded the exact same way, had Jack scored, Jesper scored, etc.

BUT, I hear what you’re saying and as ragged as it’s been, they’re in this game.  So yeah let’s hope they manage at least a point out of this one.

fallacy of the predetermined outcome 

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

I'd really like to see Sharangovich net a goal here.  He's a pretty reliable penalty killer, but outside of that, he can be really quiet at times.

I’m sure he’d love to make up for elbowing one into his own net too. Would be nice to take the pressure off Jack

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Best Mercer has looked in a while. 

I would agree!

• Like 1