Trade Deadline Targets: Discuss

mikepeluso8

13 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

For just a 2nd and 4th round pick. Ridiculous 

The cap was put in place because teams like the Rags couldn’t control themselves and spent to the moon and it hurt the league as a whole. They still can’t control themselves but now half the league jumps in to help them out. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bonginator11 said:

For just a 2nd and 4th round pick. Ridiculous 

2nd can become a 2024 or 2025 first if the Rangers make the ECF.

I actually find this kind of comical, because they can't ever seem to resist going for a name over a real need.  Tarasenko (who's not really doing much) and Kane are not what the Rangers need.  Right now they need Shesterkin to be a lot less meh, for starters.

I can't believe that, I got into an argument in my fantasy hockey group chat (its a literal rangers echo chamber) we have 3 devils fans out of 14 teams the rest are rags fans. And I made the argument that they get players literally handed to them because "big lights, big city brah" and they told me I was full of it. I wonder how they're gonna defend getting Patrick kane for a conditional 2nd and 4th round pick. 

39 minutes ago, SeanMac16 said:

I can't believe that, I got into an argument in my fantasy hockey group chat (its a literal rangers echo chamber) we have 3 devils fans out of 14 teams the rest are rags fans. And I made the argument that they get players literally handed to them because "big lights, big city brah" and they told me I was full of it. I wonder how they're gonna defend getting Patrick kane for a conditional 2nd and 4th round pick. 

Especially considering Rag fans were saying it would cost a 1st, Kravtsov, and another player until about a week ago. Kane made it known he wanted New York and poof, here he is 

I'm fine with this.  I don't think you ever want this much disruption to the lineup, no matter how big the names being added are, so close to the end of the season.  Also, this should put all the pressure on the Rags because I assume most of the media will now pick the Rangers to beat us in the 1st round.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeanMac16 said:

If they don’t realize the Rags’ MVP is the city they play in, they aren’t that bright. And if they’re Rags fans, they were probably never very bright to begin with. Please tell them I said so too. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aitchmack said:

I've just seen that the Caps have traded Marcus Johansson again. This time to the Wild for a 3rd round pick.

Goes from his second tour of duty with the Caps to his second tour of duty with the Wild…weird.

• Like 1

If Fitz finds himself unable to make any more moves due to his cap situation…so be it.  He’s already had a hell of a season.

9 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Not a lot with only 1.2MM in cap space and no firsts.

Yeah Fitz pretty much said he’ll have to create more space to do anything.  Still think that means Wood will be the one to go, but he may have to attach a mid-round pick to make that happen.