Trade Deadline Targets: Discuss

mikepeluso8

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Honestly my optimistic guess is it’s the contract/extension holding up the announcement. 

My pessimistic guess is Buffalo is throwing the kitchen sink cause Buffalo.

I can’t imagine going from Switzerland, to California, to…Buffalo? Might be a tough sell as far the extension. Anyway, I haven’t seen a single thing about them being in the running. 

20 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I know they're saying Vegas but I'm more afraid of STL if Buchnevich also goes today for picks if Armstrong just slides every pick he's gotten in the last week to Grier and goes "what about this".

All In Poker GIF by PokerStars

Why would Meier want to sign an extension there? They’re selling off

9 minutes ago, Muevelos said:

If we get Timmo, can we kiss Bratt goodbye at the end of the year? No way he should make more, or the same as Hughes and Timmo.  Really hope he comes to his senses a bit.. and signs for around 7.5mill or so. 

I don’t think so.  The Devils gave up ELC years to sign Hughes to a contract that ends at 28.  Jack will get another big contract.   Meier, on the other hand, if signed for 7 or 8 years will be approaching his mid 30’s.  The same goes with Bratt, in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, Muevelos said:

If we get Timmo, can we kiss Bratt goodbye at the end of the year? No way he should make more, or the same as Hughes and Timmo.  Really hope he comes to his senses a bit.. and signs for around 7.5mill or so. 

Imagine if bratt goes back the other way and it’s a 1 for 1

1 minute ago, Puckbuster said:

I don’t think so.  The Devils gave up ELC years to sign Hughes to a contract that ends at 28.  Jack will get another big contract.   Meier, on the other hand, if signed for 7 or 8 years will be approaching his mid 30’s.  The same goes with Bratt, in my opinion.

Guess my question is do we pay Bratt the amount he wants just to keep him if it comes down to it?

1 minute ago, Puckbuster said:

In Bratt’s case, not really the same.  They’d be signing up for his Age 25-32 years (assuming he wanted the max term, which I’m not convinced he does…I could see him taking 5 or 6 years and hoping to cash in again).

Just now, Puckbuster said:

I think it all comes down to the cap space.  I know this was debated furiously, but if it does come down to Bratt for Meier, are the Devils better or worse or the same?

Assuming Meier is already signed as part of the trade, the devils are better. It’s one less Bratt negotiation headache to deal with and Meier fills a definite need. I’d prefer to keep Bratt and Meier though. 

Just now, jagknife said:

I’m going for a 3-4 mile run. I fully expect the news to officially break the second I complete mile 1 

I’m speedwalking outdoors as we speak.   Gonna get 7-8 miles in.

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

Assuming Meier is already signed as part of the trade, the devils are better. It’s one less Bratt negotiation headache to deal with and Meier fills a definite need. I’d prefer to keep Bratt and Meier though. 

Yeah would rather this be both guys staying, as opposed to one or the other. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Why would Meier want to sign an extension there? They’re selling off

The rumor is they want to re-tool on the fly. All the players they sold off are older, they've kept their good young players like Thomas and Kyru. I don't think he'd want to go there either but they were in the rumors earlier in the week.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m speedwalking outdoors as we speak.   Gonna get 7-8 miles in.

the walk images GIF

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

In Bratt’s case, not really the same.  They’d be signing up for his Age 25-32 years (assuming he wanted the max term, which I’m not convinced he does…I could see him taking 5 or 6 years and hoping to cash in again).

You are correct, I was just assuming a max term for Bratt.  Do you think they would offer Meier a max term contract?

Just now, Puckbuster said:

You are correct, I was just assuming a max term for Bratt.  Do you think they would offer Meier a max term contract?

In his case, yes.  He’s a couple of years older.  Also think that will help Fitz’s cause in landing him.

• Like 1

Grier’s receptionist:  “It’s Vegas on the line again!”

Grier:  “Put ‘em on hold!”

10 minutes goes by…

Grier’s receptionist:  “It’s them again!”

Grier:  “Just hang up already!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Not really news, I feel like we all kind of assumed this.

Heh heh yeah guess if I wanna know what news broke 3-4 weeks ago, Andy’s the man…