Trade Deadline Targets: Discuss

mikepeluso8

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I’m going for a 3-4 mile run. I fully expect the news to officially break the second I complete mile 1 

Spoiler Alert: it didn’t happen. I tried to will it, guys!

57 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

There may not be any trades left for the deadline next Monday 

**Friday

Feels like the other teams involved are merely circling around just in case it falls through with the Devils; Vegas even made their fallback move.  But pretty much feels like the only way this doesn’t eventually happen is if Fitz walks away.  I think Grier knows his best chance to get the best package for Meier rests with the Devils…and I think other teams know it too.  

24 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Spoiler Alert: it didn’t happen. I tried to will it, guys!

**Friday

3/3 would be Friday. You are correct. Unrelated but calendars are sometimes confusing and I’m apparently still learning how they work. 

Also April 3rd is a Monday if anyone was curious. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Feels like the other teams involved are merely circling around just in case it falls through with the Devils; Vegas even made their fallback move.  But pretty much feels like the only way this doesn’t eventually happen is if Fitz walks away.  I think Grier knows his best chance to get the best package for Meier rests with the Devils…and I think other teams know it too.  

Fitz sounds adamant about the contract extension (as he should).  I'm sure that's what's holding this up.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

Yeah this seems like a foregone conclusion, but it’s funny watching the Rangers ranger yet again.  Kane is not what they need, but with them it’s always about a glitzy name.  Their fans even admit that he’s not going to solve their current problems.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Crisis said:

Fitz sounds adamant about the contract extension (as he should).  I'm sure that's what's holding this up.

Agree, I have nothing to base this on at all, but I suspect the package going to the Sharks has already been hammered out.  Now it’s about getting the extension done.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Agree, I have nothing to base this on at all, but I suspect the package going to the Sharks has already been hammered out.  Now it’s about getting the extension done.

2 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

I have a feeling that this may be the hold up too

Agreed.

But I also wonder if they’re working a second move to make Meier’s $6m cap hit work?

6 minutes ago, devlman said:

I’m nervous Fitz does something stupid out of desperation like including a Mercer or a Nemec. The return better not be more than Holtz/1st/Z or Shar.

He is not dealing Mercer or Nemec.  Why does anyone think this is a possibility?  Fitz will walk away before he does that.

Do you really believe that Fitz is going to deal off a young kid who is shredding it for the big club right now and still has an insanely cheap year left on his deal?  What would the point of that be?  He’s not gonna do it.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He is not dealing Mercer or Nemec.  Why does anyone think this is a possibility?  Fitz will walk away before he does that.

Do you really believe that Fitz is going to deal off a young kid who is shredding it for the big club right now and still has an insanely cheap year left on his deal?  What would the point of that be?  He’s not gonna do it.  

I repeat the same things in my head. ‘Why would he do it? He never would! He wouldn’t be that foolish!….would he? No,  of course not! Stop being crazy and stop this internal dialogue. Let the fine folks on the forum tell you’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Exactly. If he did this he would deserve a swift catapult to the sun

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This. 

And Nemec isn’t going either. I’m sure Fitz loves having a blue chip prospect of both handedness on the way. 

If he was going to give up either of those two it would have already happened, and Grier would have jumped on it. 

It’s not even worth talking about Mercer, Luke, or Nemec at this point. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

I repeat the same things in my head. ‘Why would he do it? He never would! He wouldn’t be that foolish!….would he? No,  of course not! Stop being crazy and stop this internal dialogue. Let the fine folks on the forum tell you’.

Just remember that Fitz would only make a move for Timo to make the Devils better.  If Mercer was ever a part of such a trade, that argument can’t really be made anymore.  I’m sure that if Grier refused to back off in wanting Mercer, the news by now would have been “Devils are out on Meier, Fitz to explore other options.”

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Patrick Sundstrom Ghost said:

Johnnson is going to be traded to help with the Cap, probably in any potential Meier deal if it happens or in a trade to a Cap healthy team like Ana.

I’m kind of surprised he hasn’t been moved yet. I don’t think SJ can take on that many contracts so he’d have to go somewhere else 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 1

So I am not really a big fan of this hockey insider but he is an insider and this seems to be what is going on, so here is the latest from Pagnotta.

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/feb-2023/sharks-active-with-meier-trade-on-horizon#.Y_u4wrb7ZvQ.twitter

I would say this all makes sense as I don't see Claude talking to mutiple teams at the same time, so this really could be at the finishing line.

Don't freak out if it's not done today, saying this to myself and everyone else, but I am positive unless something crazy happens with a hail mary offer that another Swiss might be on the team soon.

2 minutes ago, Guadana said:

https://twitter.com/NOLU1885/status/1629923380106240000

following by NJD official acc.
Is it something real?

Maybe an agent or someone who worked there in the past or currently does so?

I know some folks here, not you are not big on Mook, but if we can send Casey instead I would like that better, but yeah this all seems to be leading to the finish line.