New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Here lies the Isles playoff hopes... Rest in Pepperonis...

Imagine giving all that up for Horvat, giving him way too much money and term based on an outlier year, and then losing your best player.

Sucks.  Sorry Lou.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Imagine giving all that up for Horvat, giving him way too much money and term based on an outlier year, and then losing your best player.

Sucks.  Sorry Lou.

Yeah I’ve posted about Lou has not really done a great job there and not much could convince me otherwise.

That being said, more and more I suspect that he dealt for Horvat thinking of next season and beyond, as opposed to a “With THIS guy we can the Cup in 2023!” mentality.  And unfortunately when you’re in that dreaded “pretty good” territory, guys like Horvat are the ones you get stuck spending money on…guys like Hughes and Hischier and other young guys with many good years ahead of them are so hard to get unless you draft them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Idk why every team in the league doesn’t just throw a mid-late round draft pick at a Russian goalie on a yearly basis. It really is crazy how they continue to churn out the best players in the world at that position. 

I’m amazed the Devils haven’t drafted ANY Russian goalies considering our division is full of them. 

• Like 1

Rangers losing 3-1 in the third to the Jets despite outshooting them 35-14.  Hope the Jets can hang on…guess they’re a little spent from last night.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Rangers losing 3-1 in the third to the Jets despite outshooting them 35-14.  Hope the Jets can hang on…guess they’re a little spent from last night.

Hellebuyck absolutely under siege right now. 

• Like 2

Just now, Nicomo said:

Hellebuyck absolutely under siege right now. 

Jets now being outshot 44-15.  And still up by 2!

• Like 3

Isles beat the Pens to move two points ahead of them in the WC standings…Pens of course have FOUR games in hand on the Isles though.  

Shesterkin’s season save% down to .912.  Far cry from last year’s .935.  No Vezina this year.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Shesterkin’s season save% down to .912.  Far cry from last year’s .935.  No Vezina this year.

Vanecek has been the better goalie this season between the two. Just goes to show how inconsistent modern goalies are. Other than maybe Vasilevskiy, you just don’t see the Marty type guys that can do it year after year anymore. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Vanecek has been the better goalie this season between the two. Just goes to show how inconsistent modern goalies are. Other than maybe Vasilevskiy, you just don’t see the Marty type guys that can do it year after year anymore. 

Very very true.  That’s why I’m curious to see if VV can approximate this season over the next two.  Would love to see it happen.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

That was me. He always has great stats, but then I see him live and he looks terrible. Especially last three years in playoffs . Biggest weakness are top corners on him.

Well he was phenomenal against NY. And that was coming off playing the night before against the Devils. 

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

They are just impossible to predict and project where they will be in 3-5 years. Seems Vasy is an exception. Hellebuyck has been a annual contender for top 5 in the year tho too so maybe you pay him like Vasy too. 

Edited by RizzMB30